Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: No to a Supermarket Banner  (Read 12232 times)

Dave

Re: No to a Supermarket Banner
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
You can ask the council on what grounds were the banner removed,if they say it was a distraction well lets have all the for sale signs along that route removed as well....lets get cheeky...... :o

I think it will have been a planning issue.  You need planning consent to put up a big sign or banner.  An estate agent's 'for sale ' sign is small enough not to need planning permission, however. 

bat man

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 11:47:32 AM »
You can ask the council on what grounds were the banner removed,if they say it was a distraction well lets have all the for sale signs along that route removed as well....lets get cheeky...... :o

bat man

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »
Why don't all the shop owners who feel threatened by a supermarket hire an official site IE an advertising hording to display a no poster.... ;) 

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:18 AM »
i intend to complain about every single politic poster for the next election.. and i expect my son will want to too  ;D

It might be the law of the land Dave but it had best be consistent!

Miss Marple.. what are those complaints based on?  who complained?  is there a FOI way of getting that info?  ;D
do some thing to deal with those complaints and put another one up in a slightly different place... Its a bureaucratic game using legal routes meant for different situations, but its a game thats very easy to play I expect.

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
It's the law of the land, Miss M. Which applies to MIA as much as the rest of us.  As someone (forget who it was for the moment.......) wrote elsewhere on this forum: 
Are you a law abiding citizen or are you all for trying to get round authority and bend the rules that most of us have to abide by   :-\
Hey I know it's the law of the land mate  !!  Just wanted to get it in writing so I know the requirements for when I get CAMSFC banner removed from Hibbert Lane.  It's very distracting when you drive by, wouldn't you agree Dave.  Now all I need is a friend to second my complaint to the planning enforcement team.  Lol  :-*

Dave

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
It's the law of the land, Miss M. Which applies to MIA as much as the rest of us.  As someone (forget who it was for the moment.......) wrote elsewhere on this forum: 
Are you a law abiding citizen or are you all for trying to get round authority and bend the rules that most of us have to abide by   :-\

Miss Marple

No to a Supermarket Banner
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »
Just found out via Planning Enforcement at SMBC that the No to a Supermarket Banner was taken down because TWO ! People complained to the council about it.    Lol !  You couldn't make it up could you ? It's made my day !