Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Supermarket on Hibbert Lane / MP (split from Marple Councillors)  (Read 10051 times)

TINSLEY

Re: Supermarket on Hibbert Lane / MP (split from Marple Councillors)
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
Mr Stunnell. Will only tell you what you want to believe along with all the Liberal Stockport Councilors. Like the old American Western, white man speaks with forked tongue.   

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 11:12:18 AM »
You can tell you're a labourite, spin the opposition into a negative from a positive.

You assuming that your opinion of Stunnell is a positive Duke.

Dave

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
Where did I say a Planning Application is against the law ?   
Here:
...why do you think that CAMSFC can try to break the law with their continual quest to sell the land to a supermarket when it is against SMBC planning policy and in breech of planning law.  What is it with some governors, do they think they are above the law

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »
"So why do you think that CAMSFC can try to break the law with their continual quest to sell the land to a supermarket when it is against SMBC planning policy and in breech of planning law."

Ok, so I was making the leap of logic on your behalf, which I guess was wrong.

If so, please explain how CAMSFC selling their land to a supermarket is 'breaking the law'.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Miss Marple

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
Where did I say a Planning Application is against the law ?   Why do you continually try to twist things.  :D lol once again nice try Dave old boy !

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »
You surprise me Dave ! You come across as an upstanding member of the community, an ex governor and someone who wouldn't willing break the law ?   So why do you think that CAMSFC can try to break the law with their continual quest to sell the land to a supermarket when it is against SMBC planning policy and in breech of planning law.   Andrew Stunall is trying to uphold local planning policy and save our community monies fighting this at appeal.   What is it with some governors, do they think they are above the law and not accountable ? You amaze me Dave !  What school were you a governor at St Flippin Trinians  :-\

I'm sorry miss m but this is complete nonsense. No planning law can be broken by the submission of a planning application on a site. I could apply to build a skyscraper in your back back garden if I wanted too and that would be perfectly legal (if a little misguided!).

Please keep to some semblance of fact. Claiming that any supermarket application would be illegal dies your cause no good at all.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Miss Marple

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
Stop trying to twist everything you know what I mean !   Anyway you didn't answer my question ?  Do you like to bend and twist the rules and if you do how on earth did you manage to become a governor?  Oh hang on ! I know where there are Governors who bend the rules and a principal who actively encourages them to do so ! Hey Dave there are plenty of Gov vacancies at CAMSFC  and there will be a Chairmans job in Jan because even he's jumped ship, which is a pity because he is going to miss all the New Year Fun  ;)

Dave

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Miss M, find me one case of a person or organisation being prosecuted for submitting an illegal planning application, and I'll eat my hat. No, better than that, I'll sign your petition ;-)

Miss Marple

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
Miss M, I think you are a bit confused. The submission of a planning application can not possibly be in breach (or even in breech ;-) of any law.  
I think you  need to check that out with SMBC ask for Paul Lawrence  ( Planning dept )   Are you a law abiding citizen or are you all for trying to get round authority and bend the rules that most of us have to abide by   :-\

Dave

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
Miss M, I think you are a bit confused. The submission of a planning application can not possibly be in breach (or even in breech ;-) of any law. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »
You surprise me Dave ! You come across as an upstanding member of the community, an ex governor and someone who wouldn't willing break the law ?   So why do you think that CAMSFC can try to break the law with their continual quest to sell the land to a supermarket when it is against SMBC planning policy and in breech of planning law.   Andrew Stunall is trying to uphold local planning policy and save our community monies fighting this at appeal.   What is it with some governors, do they think they are above the law and not accountable ? You amaze me Dave !  What school were you a governor at St Flippin Trinians  :-\

Dave

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
 What assurances have you been given Dave that there will be no loss of curriculum if the colleges  merge, which is I may add  a requirement prior to the sale of any education facility, you should know this !    Andrew Stunell is trying to ensure there is no loss of curriculum or facilities  so we could say that he is campaigning against the loss of curriculum and education facilities  

My knowledge is a bit out of date (it's a year or two since I worked in colleges, and things change very quickly).  But it is true that colleges proposing to carry out major land or building projects need government consent to do so - in practice, I should imagine this would be dealt with by the YPLA, as an agency of government.  And you are probably correct to point out that this consent would not be forthcoming if there was any significant loss of curriculum provision. 

In which case, the college will not be permitted to drop any curriculum areas, so our MP does not need to do any campaigning against it. 

What he IS campaigning against is a plan which will provide greatly improved educational facilities for our children and grandchildren for the next twenty or thirty years or more.  It's an extraordinary way for an MP to behave. No doubt he's doing it because he believes he is responding to majority opinion, but as we all know very well, no-one yet knows what the majority opinion is.  I for one will not be voting for him again.   :(

Miss Marple

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:27 PM »
....And he's the only MP in history to have campaigned AGAINST the improvement of educational facilities in his own constituency!
Oh no ! He has said no to a supermarket being built in the middle of a residential area.  How about we build one across the road from your house.  What assurances have you been given Dave that there will be no loss of curriculum if the colleges  merge, which is I may add  a requirement prior to the sale of any education facility, you should know this !    Andrew Stunell is trying to ensure there is no loss of curriculum or facilities  so we could say that he is campaigning against the loss of curriculum and education facilities  Nice play on words Dave !  Duke, Dave is not a labourite he is an independent Lol  ;)

Duke Fame

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
....And he's the only MP in history to have campaigned AGAINST the improvement of educational facilities in his own constituency!

You can tell you're a labourite, spin the opposition into a negative from a positive.

Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »