Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
August 02, 2014, 05:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Mobile Auto-electrician serving Stockport, Manchester and Cheshire

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco at the Garden Centre!  (Read 3470 times)
sleepless

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »

In reply to " Current planning guidelines are strongly against 'out of town' supermarkets, and favour 'edge of town' or town centre", the Hibbert Lane site is not in the town centre or on the edge of town.  It is in the centre of a completely residential area and surrounded by people's homes.

bw1987

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

I think we need a bit more evidence than 'A man on Wednesday claiming to work at Stockport Town Hall' before we take this seriously. Read belly earlier in this thread.

This whole thread is based off a rumour and I never said this is evidence. I'm just saying what I have heard as there could be some truth about it.

If you choose to ignore it then fine, I have no issue over that but there is not listening to something and then there is being rude.

Have you acted is this manner to everyone else that has posted? After all nobody has suggested anything other than speculation
Dave

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »

In reply to " Current planning guidelines are strongly against 'out of town' supermarkets, and favour 'edge of town' or town centre", the Hibbert Lane site is not in the town centre or on the edge of town.  It is in the centre of a completely residential area and surrounded by people's homes.

Being a residential area doesn't stop it being 'edge of town', AFAIK.   I'm no town planner, but my understanding is that 'town centre' usually means the area designated for retail, and 'edge of town' is anywhere close to that but outside it.   
Dave

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »

If you choose to ignore it then fine, I have no issue over that but there is not listening to something and then there is being rude.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm just not taking it seriously.

Have you acted is this manner to everyone else that has posted?

What manner? 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite