Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple  (Read 11468 times)

heather

Re: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
HGC you voice my opinion and that of a lot of people in marple we dont want or need them here

HGC

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 02:14:10 PM »
Just as I though henrietta - no reply to say that you would have them where you live!!!

HGC

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

HGG,
I am neither for or against, but I do not presume to speak for for the people of Marple and Hawk green.

As far as coming to Romiley is concerned I would raise no objection, provided that we provide them with adequate sanitation and water facilities, schooling for the children etc.

Are we now not such a diverse community that we should embrace all cultures and races that wish to integrate with ours.?

Anyway I am now going to back off this topic, as it has been suggested to me that there are one or two "wind up merchants" attempting disturb the harmony of this approaching period of "good will" amongst all men. (and women of course Ms. O)

Have a nice evening"

I don't pressume to speak for anyone but I know I lot of people and no one wants them here.

But as you said lets leave it at that For now

Merry Christmas everyone

alan@marple

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »

HGG,
I am neither for or against, but I do not presume to speak for for the people of Marple and Hawk green.

As far as coming to Romiley is concerned I would raise no objection, provided that we provide them with adequate sanitation and water facilities, schooling for the children etc.

Are we now not such a diverse community that we should embrace all cultures and races that wish to integrate with ours.?

Anyway I am now going to back off this topic, as it has been suggested to me that there are one or two "wind up merchants" attempting disturb the harmony of this approaching period of "good will" amongst all men. (and women of course Ms. O)

Have a nice evening"

alan@marple

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Alan,
I like the ever changing pictures of yourself, do you have one with your caravan that you could post?

Yes I have Victor, but unfortunately I dont know how to post it, or I would and I WILL if someone tells me how

tina

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
I certainley don't want them pitching up in Marple again. I was worried to death when they came a few years ago. I had no sleep for 2 weeks, it was a very stressful time :(

amazon

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
Alan

A further point - where would all this money come from that travellers would spend in our village - would it be from the crime they commit and tax they don't pay? Would it be from copper they from our mills and industrial buildings? Or would it be from all the benefits they claim without putting anything back into the community?

With reGards their health issues - they choose to live like that no body makes them but the NHS we pay for picks up the tab

I don't mean to direct all this towards you so apologies but this is very frustrating when people actually think it would be a good idea

No need to apologies but may I say this:

You are suggesting that ALL travellers are thieves, vagabonds, lead miners and copper wire removers.

Are you sure that they all benefit from the state purse and but nothing in?

Many provide and excellent service in path laying and tree pruning and felling and they are very generous with distributing tarmac from the last job?

Live and let live-thats what I say, and anyway if they come to Hawk Green Councillor's Ben and Shan will make sure they behave and will be the first to cement good relations-wont they?

Load of coblers this alan crime rate will soar all back handers thats how they live .

HGC

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Alan and henrietta

As you are both so keen to burden everyone else with these travellers, i assume that you are both more than happy to have them on your own doorstep?

With regards TV I was merely raising the issue that some programmes glamourise travelling folk and you dont see the full picture.

I'm not trying to start a forum war, it's just that people in Marple and hawk green really don't want travellers here.

If you guys really are in favour of them why don't you suggest that they come and park up outside your house or in your area - I assume you would be ok with that?

Buy for now

Victor M

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »
Alan,
I like the ever changing pictures of yourself, do you have one with your caravan that you could post?

alan@marple

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »
And no hawk green is not common land it is actually a nice little village with one of the only village greens left in the north of England

All they would do is spoil and ruin the land then once totally destroyed move on to somewhere else

You people need a reality check and to stop watching so much reality TV -real life isn't like TV

Historically, many village greens were common land.

And who appointed you the arbiter of taste in the matter of television programmes?
Ouch!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:07 AM »
And no hawk green is not common land it is actually a nice little village with one of the only village greens left in the north of England

All they would do is spoil and ruin the land then once totally destroyed move on to somewhere else

You people need a reality check and to stop watching so much reality TV -real life isn't like TV

Historically, many village greens were common land.

And who appointed you the arbiter of taste in the matter of television programmes?

alan@marple

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »
Don't make me laugh the police are terrified of them so how can a couple of councilers do anything

They may do all those things you said but they charge for it and don't pay tax

I don't judge people but unfortunately they have made a rod for their own back and too many people have been affected by their actions in the past

Keep them out of hawk green and Marple

If you love them that much have them in Romiley!!

Compared to cherry tree I bet they would be welcomed?

HGG, IS THERE NO CHARITY IN YOUR HEART?

Don't make me laugh the police are terrified of them so how can a couple of councilers do anything

I don't judge people but unfortunately they have made a rod for their own back and too many people have been affected by their actions in the past

HGC

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 06:20:33 PM »

HGC

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »

alan@marple

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
Alan

A further point - where would all this money come from that travellers would spend in our village - would it be from the crime they commit and tax they don't pay? Would it be from copper they from our mills and industrial buildings? Or would it be from all the benefits they claim without putting anything back into the community?

With reGards their health issues - they choose to live like that no body makes them but the NHS we pay for picks up the tab

I don't mean to direct all this towards you so apologies but this is very frustrating when people actually think it would be a good idea

No need to apologies but may I say this:

You are suggesting that ALL travellers are thieves, vagabonds, lead miners and copper wire removers.

Are you sure that they all benefit from the state purse and but nothing in?

Many provide and excellent service in path laying and tree pruning and felling and they are very generous with distributing tarmac from the last job?

Live and let live-thats what I say, and anyway if they come to Hawk Green Councillor's Ben and Shan will make sure they behave and will be the first to cement good relations-wont they?