Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple  (Read 11470 times)

alan@marple

Re: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 12:21:46 AM »
Victor, how rude of you to respond to my polite message in such a manner- Sir-that ill behoves you!.

Further more how dare you in fact how very very dare you suggest " if I can't be bothered" I was unable to attend!!!
and I was hoping that you might wish to impart the knowledge that you gained. I have spent the last 40 years
serving the community throughout Greater Manchester and so you will appreciate my being offended by your
distastefull attitude.

However should you wish to apologies for the offence caused to me, then I will accept it with grace
and if you feel that you cannot- well may you be blessed with understanding and sensitivity for the sensitivity of others and I will still forgive you

Oh  and by the way of a courtesy reminder, you did not answer the question in my final sentence.

marpudlian

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »
Would anyone object to the Peacefield site being used? Nothing can be built on there for another 8 years.

marpudlian

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 10:20:56 PM »
Alan, if you can't be bothered to attend the public meetings then don't expect me to spoon feed you.

I think this aggressive attitude sums up a lot of those involved in MIA which is quite disappointing.

The above post was hardly aggressive, nor does it say anything about anyone else in MIA.  ::)

Jerome Caminada

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »
Alan, if you can't be bothered to attend the public meetings then don't expect me to spoon feed you.

I think this aggressive attitude sums up a lot of those involved in MIA which is quite disappointing.

tina

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »

Thats not very nice! Not everyone can attend the meetings.

Victor M

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
Victor, Thank you for taking the time to comment on my remarks re the travellers, I was not at the meeting, so perhaps you might be kind enough to summerise the individual elected representatives views, I would appreciate it sir.
Any way how do you feel about increasing the population of Marple and bringing more bussiness to the private traders?

Victor M

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »
If you had attended the last Marple Area Committee meeting then you would already know the views of our local councillors on this matter. Also at the last area committee meeting you would have seen a piece of opportunism by the leader of the local conservative group, which did not show him up in a good light.
Interesting point is that it was MIA that was publicising the council's DPD, I hope that Alan & Jerome did bother to fill it in!!

amazon

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
Well I suppose, that if MIA. are keen not to have an ASDA or similar and are keen for the local traders to be supported
then either a new social housing development or a large traveller's site will do wonders for them. More people, more customers, more social intercourse, more at the church, good for the pubs and restaurants, take aways and cafes.

The travellers site if adopted would have course have to be up to stringent standards and money could be saved by installing communal toilet blocks for them using all the old wc's and urinals from the toilets that are to be closed.

No doubt the elected representatives will respect and act upon the majority wishes of the community when it comes to the vote...won't they
                                    More crime .

alan@marple

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »
Well I suppose, that if MIA. are keen not to have an ASDA or similar and are keen for the local traders to be supported
then either a new social housing development or a large traveller's site will do wonders for them. More people, more customers, more social intercourse, more at the church, good for the pubs and restaurants, take aways and cafes.

The travellers site if adopted would have course have to be up to stringent standards and money could be saved by installing communal toilet blocks for them using all the old wc's and urinals from the toilets that are to be closed.

No doubt the elected representatives will respect and act upon the majority wishes of the community when it comes to the vote...won't they

Jerome Caminada

Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
It appears a number of locations within Marple are being considered as potential sites to be developed for the Traveller Community.

See extract below and I see residents in Cheadle have already made their views known and perhaps we in Marple should consider contacting our Councillors about this issue. Far more important than a new ASDA !!!

Seven sites are being considered in Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme and Heald Green as Stockport Council has a legal obligation to identify potential pitches for travellers in the borough.

The council consultation gives residents the chance to give their views on what sites should and should not be used for.

But members of the public at the Cheadle area committee meeting made it clear they did not want any traveller sites in their area.

They were backed by Councillor Pete Burns, who said: "The sites are not suitable for Cheadle."

Mitchell Wood, council planning policy officer, told the meeting: "This is something we are legally obliged to consider.

"Gypsies and travellers have needs and here in Stockport we need to identify 35 pitches for them.

"We want to look at all the sites and say whether they are suitable or not or if they are more suitable for other uses."

Many residents at the packed meeting had received leaflets from the Conservatives warning them of the proposals and encouraging them to attend the meeting.

The leaflets were described as ‘disgusting’ by Councillor Paul Porgess.

But Conservative Councillor Mick Jones said after the meeting: "The main thrust was to make people aware of this document so they could offer their feedback and comments.

"The meeting was rammed, a lot of people turned up and expressed their opinions and I am happy aboutthat."

The first stage of consultation runs until November 28.

Full list of possible traveller sites by area committee:

Stepping Hill

13 and 15 Vine Street
Works buildings on Brook Street
Offerton High School, The Fairway
School Street Industrial Estate
Cherry Tree Hospital, Cherry Tree Lane
Land bounded by Buxton Road, Melford Road and Tannock Road
Newby Road Industrial Estate, off Bramhall Moor Lane
Melford Road Employment Area, off Macclesfield Road
Offerton Sand & Gravel
Dialstone Centre, Lisburne Lane