To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple  (Read 11469 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Proposed Traveller Sites in Marple
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 02:33:31 AM »

I've been thinking about this a little more and it seems to be that Hawke Green might be a good potential site for the travellers! what do you think folks?
Isn't Hawk Green common land? I sem to remember being told (dunno by whom so can't speak for the veracity of the statement) when I was a little girl that it is/was. In which case could anyone stop them parking there? Gypsies, historically, had the right to camp on common land.

Duke Fame

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32:34 PM »
Not sure what planet people are on but we do NOT want any travellers sites in Marple or hawk green NOT now not ever.

Marple and hawk green are nice areas and desirable pLaces to live where house prices are high - people have to work hard and pay over the odds to live here so why should travellers get to live here for free only to destroy our lovely little village and well kept country side?

Send them into the centre of Stockport or better still down south somewhere!!

I think if there is an piece of land that is set aside for travellers' use 2-3 times a year it would add a little colour (as well as good value block paving)

HGC

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 11:22:25 PM »
Alan

A further point - where would all this money come from that travellers would spend in our village - would it be from the crime they commit and tax they don't pay? Would it be from copper they from our mills and industrial buildings? Or would it be from all the benefits they claim without putting anything back into the community?

With reGards their health issues - they choose to live like that no body makes them but the NHS we pay for picks up the tab

I don't mean to direct all this towards you so apologies but this is very frustrating when people actually think it would be a good idea

HGC

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:35 PM »
Alan from Romiley

I have been thinking about this abut more and think that Romiley would be a great site for proposed travellers what do you think?

HGC

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
Not sure what planet people are on but we do NOT want any travellers sites in Marple or hawk green NOT now not ever.

Marple and hawk green are nice areas and desirable pLaces to live where house prices are high - people have to work hard and pay over the odds to live here so why should travellers get to live here for free only to destroy our lovely little village and well kept country side?

Send them into the centre of Stockport or better still down south somewhere!!

alan@marple

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
Good morning Heather, well I looked up NIMBY and now I understand. Well I do appreciate the way that you feel although I cannot agree with you. Although I have now moved, all my family are still in Marple and my financial interests are in Marple and so I still have an interest in my fellow citizens.Unfortunately, in the immediate area where I am now living, there is not a suitable large area for Caravans and lorries to park or horses to graze, Marple seems to be an ideal area with all its potential useful sites.

This is a quote from the Homes and communities agency

"
As a group, travellers remain one of the most disadvantaged in the country, experiencing deep inequalities with very poor outcomes in health and education in particular. Authorised travellers’ sites can provide the basis for local authorities to tackle the inequalities experienced by travellers. Increased authorised provision will reduce the number of unauthorised sites and the tensions they can create between travellers and the settled community and reduce the need for costly enforcement action. "

Just how much would a "Dale Farm" episode add to our council tax bills?

Have a nice day

amazon

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »
Sorry Hawk Green  (no e)

I've been thinking about this a little more and it seems to be that Hawke Green might be a good potential site for the travellers! what do you think folks?
No  Romiley Cherry tree school .what was . sorry forgot not now councill owned they sold the land .

heather

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 05:28:53 PM »
well let them come to romiley then and yes i am being a nimby

amazon

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

Heather,

Please explain-if you will-why we should be "more worried" about travellers coming to Marple.

Would you not agree that they would bring much needed revenue to the local traders?.

Chery tree school site is mutch prefered ive heard .

alan@marple

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »

Heather,

Please explain-if you will-why we should be "more worried" about travellers coming to Marple.

Would you not agree that they would bring much needed revenue to the local traders?.

heather

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
i have to agree with bigal he comes on here to make a valid point and all people do is take the P we should be more worried about the travellers moving here and the effect it will have on the community

This post and several subsequent ones have been moved from the Fish Spa topic to here. Admin

alan@marple

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 10:29:39 PM »
Sorry Hawk Green  (no e)

alan@marple

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »

alan@marple

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »

Thank you "Victor" for suggesting that I look at the council website to see the minutes of what took place at the meeting you attended.

Unfortunately those minutes do not yet appear, but I presume that I will see them after the next area committee meeting, when they are published.

Thank you for your most helpful public spirited assistance

Victor M

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »
Alan,
I didn't answer your last question as I didn't understand it in the context of this thread. If you want to see the minutes of the Area Committee meeting try looking at http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=138&MId=328&Ver=4