Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: An alternative view on Hibbert Lane Campus  (Read 24435 times)

Miss Marple

Re: An alternative view on Hibbert Lane Campus
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »
I totally agree with the government's proposals regarding public sector workers pensions, that's irrelevant. We need a real supermarket in Marple.
Notice miss maples always trays to change the subject
Well that's a bit of a cheek you cheeky chappie !  You have just changed my flipping identity ! You syrup speaking charmer  :-*

amazon

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
I totally agree with the government's proposals regarding public sector workers pensions, that's irrelevant. We need a real supermarket in Marple.
Notice miss maples always trys to change the subject

Miss Marple

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
So you are a public sector worker. Marple needs a real supermarket.
Did I say I was ? Didnt think so because I like to keep an air of mystery :-*

Miss Marple

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
I am becoming more and more confused  :(.  The issue is not about not wanting or not needing a supermarket.   It's about not wanting or not needing a supermarket on Hibbert Lane  I am sorry if I have confused I thought I had fantastic communication skills obviously not  :-\

sleepless

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »
I'm not employed, don't claim any benefits and don't have a pension - public, private or otherwise.  (Not sure why this matters, but it would seem to from previous posts.) Would prefer a fantasy supermarket.

TINSLEY

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »
So you are a public sector worker. Marple needs a real supermarket.

Miss Marple

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »
what's betting your not a public sector worker Lol  :-*

TINSLEY

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
Funnily enough, there didn't seem to be many people marching in favour of the government's pension proposals, even though we know there are plenty of them. The point of a democracy is that everyone's opinion counts, not just those who shout the loudest.
. There were lots of people who downed tools but chose to do Xmas shopping instead of attending the march.   Trust me on this one because sadly I was one of them and before anyone asks YES I shopped local  :D.  Hey Dave who is in favour of the governments pension proposals because its definitely not anyone I know or work with  ???

amazon

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 04:29:58 PM »
So because 800+ marched and thousands filled in a petition, there are automatically more people in favour of a supermarket on Hibbert Lane?  That's a neat way to counter the pretty fierce opposition to the proposed supermarket without actually providing any proof whatsoever.

Just to balance things out...most people I speak to are firmly opposed to a supermarket on Hibbert Lane

Maybe but i bet most of them people dont use [ mission impossible ] coop . they will go to another sup ermarket . out of the area .went to coop again this morning for a few Christmas's type food things .they dint 
        have them so this afternoon went down to asda .no problem buying there had   what we wanted .

Dave

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »
Funnily enough, there didn't seem to be many people marching in favour of the government's pension proposals, even though we know there are plenty of them. The point of a democracy is that everyone's opinion counts, not just those who shout the loudest.

Miss Marple

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
Thousands have just marched on the streets to protect their pensions.   It's that old chestnut !  If you care about something enough you will protest against it.   Like I keep saying theres a lot of talking the talk on this site and very little walking the walk done by people who want a supermarket ! We can all just sit about and moan about something actually doing something about it takes commitment to a cause.

Henry_

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
No-one has suggested that, Steptoe, and it would be a ridiculous idea. The point that I and others have made is simply that we don't know what the majority opinion is, and the marches and demos don't make us any the wiser.

It seems to me that HWLs 'statistics' are clearly aiming to suggest a silent majority in favour.  If not, why not just post about wanting a poll and leave the stats out?  I think this notion of a poll is a red herring...who would pay for it for one?  If there were a poll, and the result was against a supermarket, do you think Asda would take any notice of it?
Whoah, hang on a minute there Steptoe. Those statistics are meant to show that people don't get out on the streets to support something in the same way they do to protest against something. They are not 'clearly aiming to suggest' anything else.

Dave

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
No, ASDA would not take any notice of it, but the Planning Inspectorate just might. If (when) the planning application goes to appeal, RELIABLE evidence that the people of Marple do or don't want a supermarket on that site may just count for something. As for who would pay for it, I suggested Marple Business Forum.

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
No-one has suggested that, Steptoe, and it would be a ridiculous idea. The point that I and others have made is simply that we don't know what the majority opinion is, and the marches and demos don't make us any the wiser.

It seems to me that HWLs 'statistics' are clearly aiming to suggest a silent majority in favour.  If not, why not just post about wanting a poll and leave the stats out?  I think this notion of a poll is a red herring...who would pay for it for one?  If there were a poll, and the result was against a supermarket, do you think Asda would take any notice of it?