A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: An alternative view on Hibbert Lane Campus  (Read 24626 times)

bat man

Re: An alternative view on Hibbert Lane Campus
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
I cant open this thread,any ideas?? :(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
Tina, I can confirm that you misquoted Mrs O and her statement you referred to was true. All posts made by Tina and Mrs O have now been removed from this thread. Please continue your conversation privately. Admin.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steptoe and Son

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
The points Dusty makes, and she admits this, are prompted by a perceived threat to her business, self-serving but understandable.  The points about MIA are just sniping, in my humble opinion, and are only of any interest because they are from the partner of an elected member representing Marple.  Dusty is of course free to air her opinions but what I do find troubling is the purposeful way she has sought to publicise these views.  Whether you agree with the aims if MIA or not, is it helpful, or proper, for the partner of an elected member to make such negative remarks about the community? 

As said, Dusty purposefully publicised her letter so I would suggest she, and anyone else who chooses to post on a public forum, should be prepared to have their points countered and challenged. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
You have not offended me Dusty!  I am not offended I am bemused that you should try to attack a recognised community group with such a following, given your husbands / partners position.   I do hope you will take up the invitation to speak with MIA and we may be able to enlighten you on the very strong opposition to a supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site.
In fact I would like to invite yourself and Cllr Dowling,   in fact all elected members  to come to the MIA stall next week and hear first hand how strong the opposition is to a supermarket development is on the campus   Where on earth you have got information that there is not such strong opposition is also quite alarming given your husbands position and your claim that you are part of the community.
I hope you and your husband / partner will accept the invitation to come and meet with MIA on Sat to meet the people who Cllr Dowling purports to represent ? 
My name is Paula Smith and I would be very happy to meet with you both and share information which may prove beneficial for your husbands councillor role, not to mention the communities future representation by the Liberal Party

springfield

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:54:53 PM »
Oh dear. I didn't mean to offend you - whoever you are! But I am offended that you have chosen to attack me personally. I am entitled to my own view as you are and everyone else is. I am my own person and have my own views. I am certainly NOT political and take offence that you are choosing to interpret my letter to Cllr Ingham as such. I am sorry if you did not like the content but I can assure you, it represents my views on the matter and no-one elses. I thought my letter was considered and reasoned and as I said - I can see both sides of the argument in support of and against a supermarket. What I am against is a hotel on the site and I am honest enough to say why. I own a small hotel and would not welcome competition from another such operator in Marple. This is my final correspondence on the issue as I have given my views and do not want to get involved in an argument about them. I will leave the arguments for those who obviously have more spare time than I have.

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
Hello Councillor Dowlings Partner ?  Please do not try to turn this into a political platform as you will do your husbands political party no favours.  MIA have always distanced themselves from any political party but sadly you appear to set your stall out and possibly represent the views of your partner, who may I add is yet to vote if this development goes into planning.    I am aware that you and councillor Dowling own the Springfield  Hotel  in Marple and like the majority of local  business owners you will have your own concerns regarding the future developments in Marple especially if a hotel were to be developed, which there have NEVER been any plans for.
MIA along with the council have all been looking for alternative uses for the site.  My personal view is that I would like it to be kept for education.
  Have you spoken directly to the person you name in the letter if not then I suggest you do ?  I will also be submitting a response to our MP as I am furious that you are trying to bring MIA into disrepute

springfield

An alternative view on Hibbert Lane Campus
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 01:40:51 PM »
I am new to this site but I thought I would post a copy of a letter I sent to Cllr Ingham last month about the land at Hibbert Lan

[attachment deleted by admin]