Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Re: Swimming Pool (split from Tesco at the Garden Centre!)  (Read 7401 times)

rsh

Re: Swimming Pool (split from Tesco at the Garden Centre!)
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
The rumour about demolishing the swimming pool for a roundabout is absolute nonsense.

The junction could perhaps be widened, but you don't need to touch the pool for that. Interestingly enough, the shop and house on the corner seems to be listed for sale...

amazon

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
I asked at the baths and they have said that the council will not sell the baths because it brings in more money, they better not sell before next easter seeing as i am just going to pay for swimming lessons for both my boys,
        Ithey were ofered a lot of money plus new modern swiming baths do you think they would say no . 

Susan

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »
I asked at the baths and they have said that the council will not sell the baths because it brings in more money, they better not sell before next easter seeing as i am just going to pay for swimming lessons for both my boys,

marpudlian

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
What about the Peacefield site?

There is a ten year rule which means it cannot be built on for ten years, plus there was speculation that the field used to be a graveyard, although there doesn't seem to be any proof of this.

Tricky

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »
AND.. you don't even need to create another junction for trucks to navigate.

I took this picture last week.. it clearly shows that a 40' artic' can leave the junction whilst ANOTHER waits to turn right into Hibbert Lane.

Also note the lack of traffic carnage as this happens.

meh

Henry_

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
Without written evidence to the contrary, the swimming baths demolition rumour is still nothing more than Chinese whispers

Razzle

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 08:28:24 AM »
What about the Peacefield site?

amazon

Re: Re: Swimming Pool (split from Tesco at the Garden Centre!)
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
In all probability, if it's necessary to demolish the current swimming baths to create a bigger road junction, the developer will be required to replace the baths elsewhere in Marple (e.g. Hibbert Lane) via a Section 106 Agreement.  See http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=71631
               sorting office site ,for one could fit one on there plenty of parking as well .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »
I really think you need to research track records on sweetners offered by major supermarkets.  And what about the residents living around the baths ! Would you like to live that near to a roundabout or whatever.  I think it's disgusting that people who support this nonsense will not be effected but  have the front to comment and support something which will impact on so many albeit themselves !
If the baths are demolished to build a round about of the size which will be required to accommodate the type of traffic that will be delivering to a s/market there won't be many people living near it as it will be necessary to demolish much of the nearby residential property.

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:41:50 PM »
I really think you need to research track records on sweetners offered by major supermarkets.  And what about the residents living around the baths ! Would you like to live that near to a roundabout or whatever.  I think it's disgusting that people who support this nonsense will not be effected but  have the front to comment and support something which will impact on so many albeit themselves !

But surely as the baths are Council run, the chances of them being sold to serve a supermarket is unlikely. Given that the Council are completely against the supermarket scheme. They can't be forced to sell.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »

Dave

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
In all probability, if it's necessary to demolish the current swimming baths to create a bigger road junction, the developer will be required to replace the baths elsewhere in Marple (e.g. Hibbert Lane) via a Section 106 Agreement.  See http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=71631

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:41:24 AM »
Oh Dear Harry why are you so nasty !  Just remember !  I started the rumour about Hibbert Lane  Doh !

No. You started the rumour about the swimming pool being demolished to make way for a roundabout.
and your point is Harry ?
Hey Harry !  I didn't start the rumour about the swimming baths !  If you care to look back at the first post on ASDA / Tesco you will hopefully note that I was posting what had been leaked by a staff member at CAMSFC .   Now I think it's only fair to us all if you now share the information you have with regards to no changes to existing infrastructure or buildings if ASDA is approved ?   Come on Harry you appear to know such a lot, please share and we can all feel reassured That there will be no major changes to existing roads, junctions, and our gifted swimming baths will be saved  :-\

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:12 PM »
Oh Dear Harry why are you so nasty !  Just remember !  I started the rumour about Hibbert Lane  Doh !

No. You started the rumour about the swimming pool being demolished to make way for a roundabout.
and your point is Harry ?

Harry

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »