Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Tesco at the Garden Centre!  (Read 18486 times)

Dave

Re: Tesco at the Garden Centre!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »
If you choose to ignore it then fine, I have no issue over that but there is not listening to something and then there is being rude.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm just not taking it seriously.

Have you acted is this manner to everyone else that has posted?

What manner? 

Dave

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »
In reply to " Current planning guidelines are strongly against 'out of town' supermarkets, and favour 'edge of town' or town centre", the Hibbert Lane site is not in the town centre or on the edge of town.  It is in the centre of a completely residential area and surrounded by people's homes.

Being a residential area doesn't stop it being 'edge of town', AFAIK.   I'm no town planner, but my understanding is that 'town centre' usually means the area designated for retail, and 'edge of town' is anywhere close to that but outside it.   

bw1987

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
I think we need a bit more evidence than 'A man on Wednesday claiming to work at Stockport Town Hall' before we take this seriously. Read belly earlier in this thread.

This whole thread is based off a rumour and I never said this is evidence. I'm just saying what I have heard as there could be some truth about it.

If you choose to ignore it then fine, I have no issue over that but there is not listening to something and then there is being rude.

Have you acted is this manner to everyone else that has posted? After all nobody has suggested anything other than speculation

sleepless

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
In reply to " Current planning guidelines are strongly against 'out of town' supermarkets, and favour 'edge of town' or town centre", the Hibbert Lane site is not in the town centre or on the edge of town.  It is in the centre of a completely residential area and surrounded by people's homes.

Miss Marple

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
There are several different unions so not all were allowed to strike !

Duke Fame

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
I think we need a bit more evidence than 'A man on Wednesday claiming to work at Stockport Town Hall' before we take this seriously. Read belly earlier in this thread.

How many people work at the town hall? 1/4 of them!!

I thought everyone was on strike on Wednesday, it doesn't add up.

Dave

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »

bw1987

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
A man on Wednesday claiming to work at Stockport Town Hall tells me that Tesco already own the land where the Garden Centre is situated and have applied for planning permission to build a supermarket with forecourt.

bat man

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Maybe this is why the council are strenghthening the bridge...... :-X

marpudlian

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
The traffic would cause just as many problems here as it would in Marple itself.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »
SMBC is asking via the DPD what the communities views are for various developments  on identified areas such as, The garden centre,   Goyt Mill, CAMSFC Hibbert  Lane, The  sorting office and the water ways Church Lane. I have filled mine in have you ?

Put a link on to it if you can .

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3706.msg19841#msg19841
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Looks like I may have to dust off my Marching boots in preparation for another March for Marple ?  There is a very strong rumour that Tesco maybe after that site as their sister company already owns the land  :-\

Dobbies (Tesco) are supposedly interested in acquiring the best of 'The Gardebn Centre Groups' sites. I don't know if that includes Marple, as the group does currently own over 120 garden centres.

I doubt that this means a 'supermarket' interest. Theres far more likelihood of a succesful planning application at Hibbert Lane than Otterspool. One for the conspiracy theorists this one I think.
Hell's teeth. If a s/market on the Willow's site would cause congestion can you imaging what Dooley lane would be like!

amazon

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »
SMBC is asking via the DPD what the communities views are for various developments  on identified areas such as, The garden centre,   Goyt Mill, CAMSFC Hibbert  Lane, The  sorting office and the water ways Church Lane. I have filled mine in have you ?

Put a link on to it if you can .

Miss Marple

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
I think Tesco maybe one step ahead !  The garden centre already sells, food, clothing, electrical items, flowers , Cd's , DVDs, animal foods, household items and it even has a cafe. There would not be a  real change in use information in the DPD  :-\
Thats superficially plausible but in fact wrong. A Garden Centre is a 'sui generis' land use class, whereas a supermarket would be A1 retail. So any such re-development definitely would require a change of use application - which would be refused for the reasons i've set out before.

The fact that Tesco's own Dobbies Garden Centre's does not mean that they use GC's as Trojan Horse's to buy land in the hope of developing supermarkets on them. It's just another way of the Tesco group making lots of money via retail.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...