Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Christmas Book is helping Uganda Schools  (Read 3593 times)

Snowbridge

Re: Christmas Book is helping Uganda Schools
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »
I've had a schoolmate who grew up in Uganda - what a genuine and honest person he was. I think this is a great activity to support the unfairly devasted land.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »
I have six copies of this beautiful little book to sell on our stall at the Christmas Cracker tomorrow, £7 each with all proceeds going the Charity Helping Uganda Schools.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

NOW AVAILABLE ON KINDLE AND IPAD

Please click this link to buy the beautiful Christmas book. 'Christmas in Uganda'.

Cost of the ebook is only £1.93

The book has been a collaboration between Stockport College, England and the Charity - www.helpingugandaschools.org This charity is overhead free and all money raised goes to build schools in Uganda. HUGS started 16 years ago in Marple Bridge, Stockport, England and is currently providing excellent education for many children. This Christmas we are raising funds to give each child an insecticide Mosquito Net. Each book sold will provide protection from Malaria for a child. Thank you for buying the book which we know you will enjoy.

(If you are local to Marple and would like a printed version - Cost £7 please email the charity).

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
FYI - The new Christmas book for Helping Uganda Schools can now be bought locally at Paul Howard Menswear & Formal Hire (http://www.marplebusinessforum.co.uk/members-directory/featured/paul-howard-menswear-and-formal-hire.html).

I'll let you all know as I hear of other shops that start offering the book.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
The new Christmas book for helping Uganda Schools is now available.

There will be a Book Launch on Wednesday at the Britannia hotel in Stockport and Tameside Hospital are also having a book launch next week too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »
Just for information, the book costs £7 with all profits going to the charity.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Christmas Book is helping Uganda Schools
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:20:45 PM »
Marple Bridge based Charity Helping Uganda Schools is delighted to inform you that there will be a children's Christmas book available to buy from mid November.

The book has been written by Alex Tracey and illustrated by Dominique Byron.

All profits will go to the important work of the charity in helping children in Uganda.

For further information on the charity please see our web site www.helpingugandaschools.org

To order copies email denise.e.ead50@gmail.com

Marple Business Forum are asking their members if they will stock this book to sell to the public and if any of them decide to do so we'll add their details here.

There is a letter attached to this post giving more details about the book and the charity.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website