Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Costa Coffee comes to Marple  (Read 60476 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Costa Coffee comes to Marple
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
Very good point, marpleexile.  If the Co-op let the former Hanbury's shop to, say, Sainsbury's, for a Sainsbury's Local convenience store,  it would probably not threaten the Co-op unduly, because those places are not cheap.  But such a move might still reduce the likelihood of a big supermarket getting planning consent. 

So by letting to Costa Coffee instead, the Co-op are increasing the likelihood of a supermarket being built on Hibbert Lane, to which they would undoubtedly lose loads of business.   However, by doing this they are also  (indirectly) contributing to the enhancement of educational facilities in Marple.  So good on yer, Co-op!   ;D
The truth is that the building is not attractive as a supermarket.
it's attracted me!  It's wonderful !

It's not a supermarket though Miss M.

cough, what happened to supporting the local inependant trader.

Miss Marple

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »
Very good point, marpleexile.  If the Co-op let the former Hanbury's shop to, say, Sainsbury's, for a Sainsbury's Local convenience store,  it would probably not threaten the Co-op unduly, because those places are not cheap.  But such a move might still reduce the likelihood of a big supermarket getting planning consent. 

So by letting to Costa Coffee instead, the Co-op are increasing the likelihood of a supermarket being built on Hibbert Lane, to which they would undoubtedly lose loads of business.   However, by doing this they are also  (indirectly) contributing to the enhancement of educational facilities in Marple.  So good on yer, Co-op!   ;D
it's attracted me!  It's wonderful !

Duke Fame

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

sgk

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »
as posted on this forum few days ago broken window COSTA COFFEE ,there is a ctv camera on the side near the door another six inches to the end on the wall and it would cover the front of the building .as well .do you think they are not allowed to do this . human rights etc   

Perfectly legal.  See http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/cctv_code_of_practice_html/9_responsibilities.html

Dave

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
Students

They must have more money than I did when I was one.

Aye. In them days, we'd have been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.   In a filthy, cracked cup.

But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

He was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiny old house, with great big holes in the roof.

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe you.

(With apologies to Monty Python  ;))

amazon

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
as posted on this forum few days ago broken window COSTA COFFEE ,there is a ctv camera on the side near the door another six inches to the end on the wall and it would cover the front of the building .as well .do you think they are not allowed to do this . human rights etc   

Duke Fame

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Post overwritten. Admin

marpudlian

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:06 PM »
I walked past Costa Coffee this morning - it was very busy - despite the college being on holiday - perhaps they could have utilised the whole of the Hanbury's building rather than just half? Maybe if the new shop next door remains empty long-term they may consider this.

bat man

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Hope it wasnt a rival.... :o

TINSLEY

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
Well it is Marple.

Harry

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »
I see that Costa Coffee had one of their windows smashed last night.

Miss Marple

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »

Costa was absolutely packed today mostly with students.  It's really great that our YPs  have somewhere to meet up   Well done to the person who got the franchise but just a small request if you are reading this  can you stay open later please ?

Is it  wi- fi enabled .
.  I don't know !  But the coffee was great !

Blossom

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
Students

They must have more money than I did when I was one.

TINSLEY

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
Students

amazon

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 09:20:49 PM »

Costa was absolutely packed today mostly with students.  It's really great that our YPs  have somewhere to meet up   Well done to the person who got the franchise but just a small request if you are reading this  can you stay open later please ?

Is it  wi- fi enabled .