Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Costa Coffee comes to Marple  (Read 60453 times)

Duke Fame

Re: Costa Coffee comes to Marple
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »

marpudlian

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 04:44:54 PM »
Nothing wrong with another coffee shop in Marple, yes there are already a few, but I doubt Costa will put any of them out of business. It is great news that the Hanbury's building is finally back in use, I wonder why it wasn't split into 2/3 stores years ago?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »
Full details are available on the Stockport Council Planning Portal. This includes full plans and details of the approved application by Costa Coffee. This will be a large Coffee Shop which will shake things up a bit for the numerous other cafes in Marple.
I don't think the cafes in mMarple need worry. Have you tasted Costa coffee?

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »
Asda,Waitrose maybe,but I didn't know we had a racecourse.See You Tube,Alan Partridge Marple interview. :o
We have, it's called Buxton Lane. Recently I've nearly been driven off the road by a lorry steaming down the lane on the wrong side of the road near the BL campus, and crossing the road (in a safe place) my neighbour narrowly escaped being mown down by a small car doing well over the 30MPH limit. What fun it will be when Ascobury's open their store and the lane becomes a rat-run for commuters and delivery vans.

Miss Marple

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
I am finding this site very amusing,some of the posts are meant to be seriouse but are quite funny,its a bit like a soap,rumours,supposed cast iron facts,keep it up cant wait to see the final outcome,will it be Tesco?Waitrose?Asda or will the planners read the posts on this site and decide to keep everyone guessing for years to come. ;D
My monies on a hat trick !

Barbara

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
Council beat you to it - Christmas tree went up on the Hollins this morning.

bat man

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
A Merry Christmas to all,thought I would get my greeting in early. ;)

bat man

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
I am finding this site very amusing,some of the posts are meant to be seriouse but are quite funny,its a bit like a soap,rumours,supposed cast iron facts,keep it up cant wait to see the final outcome,will it be Tesco?Waitrose?Asda or will the planners read the posts on this site and decide to keep everyone guessing for years to come. ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
I think the messenger should be shot if he/she gives incorrect information. There has been far too much misinformation in this saga.

Stick to the facts. Don't make them up.
Go and have a pint in the Bull you will get the information first hand, thats where i got mine from!  Your  real name is not Thomas is it Mr H !  :-*

Miss Marple

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »
I think  the messenger should be shot if he/she gives incorrect information. There has been far too much misinformation in this saga.

I hope your not referring to me Harry   If you don't like what's being posted   Don't read it  ! Simple.com  :D

alison

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
I don't think the Robinsons ever retire!

Harry

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
I think the messenger should be shot if he/she gives incorrect information. There has been far too much misinformation in this saga.

Miss Marple

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
Peter, Paul or Mary Robinson went into the Bulls Head with plans in hand to show the Landlord.  The plans were from Waitrose who want to build on the sorting office.  The reason That Robinsons brewery are involved is that Waitrose wanted to use the Bull car park to have a  pedestrian cut through.  The landlord was concerned because the car park at times can be busy, but there is a right of way around the wall so there maybe a way of separating that part of the car park off to allow pedestrians a cordoned off area to walk in safety
DAVE DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER !  :-*

sooty2

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Asda,Waitrose maybe,but I didn't know we had a racecourse.See You Tube,Alan Partridge Marple interview. :o

Harry

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
Sadly he was not hallucinating he had the plans from Waitrose in his hand !

How odd!

According to the Robinson's web site, Peter Robinson joined the company in the early fifties. That would make him probably in his eighties now. The site makes no mention of any subsequent Peter.

Why would a, probably retired, member of the Robinson family have unsubmitted plans from the John Lewis partnership in his hand?

Mind you, if its true, and they were to submit plans quickly and get them approved, that would probably scupper Asda's chances of getting their plans approved. As we would already have two supermarkets (or one and one being built).