Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
July 24, 2014, 08:25:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Home Fires and Fuels - the greener way to heat your home

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Costa Coffee comes to Marple  (Read 18898 times)
Mrs O

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »

Aren't we in danger of being a bit snobby here, Howard?  There are a lot of young people at the college and at Marple Hall who I'm sure would welcome a McDonalds or Subway with open arms (and mouths    Tongue )

I heard a rumour that Subway are moving next door to Costa Coffee.
Your'e a brave man!Rumour? Shocked The people of Marple don't like rumours,they may turn into fact!
amazon

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »

Aren't we in danger of being a bit snobby here, Howard?  There are a lot of young people at the college and at Marple Hall who I'm sure would welcome a McDonalds or Subway with open arms (and mouths    Tongue )

I heard a rumour that Subway are moving next door to Costa Coffee.
Your'e a brave man!Rumour? Shocked The people of Marple don't like rumours,they may turn into fact!
  what do you think will happen to HSBC when it closes in two weeks .
amazon

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2012, 08:37:04 PM »

"They have the EMA at the moment, they don't have to do any work to supplement their lifestyle. It should all change when the government abolish it. "

EMA isn't payable any more, and all the students I know all have part time jobs to supplement their life style, and those that ha vent try hard to get one!

That's good to hear, I think the EMA led to students who were not prepared for the work environment.

busy again this morning would seam to be doing OK
Cripes

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »

i have been informed that the franchise owner is local but not sure ?
When you say local, do you mean that they live in Marple, pay their council tax and contribute to the local economy or just that you remember a member of their famly from twenty years or so ago?
moorendman

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »

pleasant addition to Marple , makes a change to have something open other then a £1 or bankrupt stock shop.

Thanks to the staff for returning a scarf I had left behind and the telephone number for this Costa Coffee Marple outlet is 0161 926 7719.

( you cannot currently find this number elsewhere on the web !  - I had to contact another franchise branch to find it out)

Duke Fame

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »

pleasant addition to Marple , makes a change to have something open other then a £1 or bankrupt stock shop.

Thanks to the staff for returning a scarf I had left behind and the telephone number for this Costa Coffee Marple outlet is 0161 926 7719.

( you cannot currently find this number elsewhere on the web !  - I had to contact another franchise branch to find it out)

In fairness to the new Bankrupt outlet, we only have one in Marple and one pound style shop. There are plenty places for a pricey coffee and over-priced sticky cake.

I wish anyone who starts a business all the best, business can only bring good things.
Marplemum

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »

I wish anyone who starts a business all the best, business can only bring good things.

I agree.  When I went into Costa for the first time recently, I was served by a local young person and recognised a few others working in there.  This can only be a good thing for Marple.  

On a slightly separate subject (maybe this should be posted somewhere else?)  I went into Poynton today, down Park Lane.  Why am I telling you this you might ask?!!  Well, I again went into Costa at the bottom of Park Lane, right next to Waitrose.  I was pleasantly surprised and impressed to see that Park Lane was buzzing with Saturday shoppers, despite the fact that there was a Costa Coffee and a very large Waitrose at the bottom of it.  A taste of things to come for Marple?  - I hope so! (although probably with an Asda but you can't have everything!).
My login is Henrietta

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »

I agree.  When I went into Costa for the first time recently, I was served by a local young person and recognised a few others working in there.  This can only be a good thing for Marple.  

On a slightly separate subject (maybe this should be posted somewhere else?)  I went into Poynton today, down Park Lane.  Why am I telling you this you might ask?!!  Well, I again went into Costa at the bottom of Park Lane, right next to Waitrose.  I was pleasantly surprised and impressed to see that Park Lane was buzzing with Saturday shoppers, despite the fact that there was a Costa Coffee and a very large Waitrose at the bottom of it.  A taste of things to come for Marple?  - I hope so! (although probably with an Asda but you can't have everything!).

Have passed several times and if they don't get in a lot more customers very quickly they will soon be out. Obviously Costa aims for a different type of clientele but on one occasion when I passed  Costa it had 3 people in it and a few minutes later I hit "All Things Nice which was heaving and I had to wait for a table.

Mind you, ATN have a better class of coffee than Costa - most places do. I've frequented several branches in lieu of anything better and their coffee is universally vile and the tea worse! As I think I've said elsewhere, I don't think the good cafes in Marple have much to worry about.
Marplemum

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »

I suppose it's a question of personal taste and I couldn't disagree more with you. Smiley
richard

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »

The big problem with costa in general is that it's part of a 2000 strong chain and therefore the quality will not be the same. As all food and drink is subjective I thinks that places like all things nice do not have to worry too much. The big chains might be able to fit out their places in a Very comfortable manner as cost is no object, but when quality comes in to play they just cannot compete with the small boys who have a passion for the service they provide and the quality of the food they serve.
Howard
Global Moderator

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »

Have passed several times and if they don't get in a lot more customers very quickly they will soon be out. Obviously Costa aims for a different type of clientele but on one occasion when I passed  Costa it had 3 people in it and a few minutes later I hit "All Things Nice which was heaving and I had to wait for a table.

ATN is also the first stop into the town on the way from the college so will be a natural stop for students wanting to eat in the town centre.

Howard
amazon

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »

Mind you, ATN have a better class of coffee than Costa - most places do. I've frequented several branches in lieu of anything better and their coffee is universally vile and the tea worse! As I think I've said elsewhere, I don't think the good cafes in Marple have much to worry about.

Al ways busy when I go up there. There is allways those people that would like a business to close then they can say told you so .and there's always somewhere cheaper and better ,i. Suspect your one of them .
Dave

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

There is allways those people that would like a business to close then they can say told you so .and there's always somewhere cheaper and better ,i. Suspect your one of them .

And here's another, I think:   Wink
Before they opened i did say wont last six months read post earlier [september 21st ]
Miss Marple

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

I agree with you Marplemum I think it's great that we have a Costa in Marple for YPs to meet in a relaxed atmosphere where they can chat   Whilst all the other coffee shops in Marple are great and serve good coffee they are a little to small to have a group of YPs in chatting and laughing whilst we try to enjoy a toasted teacake  Cheesy.  So now we are all happy don't you agree ?

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
amazon

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2012, 08:20:31 PM »

There is allways those people that would like a business to close then they can say told you so .and there's always somewhere cheaper and better ,i. Suspect your one of them .

And here's another, I think:   Wink
Before they opened i did say wont last six months read post earlier [september 21st ]
That wasn't costa coffe . I still stick by what I said .
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite