Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Recording of Extraordinary Area Committee Meeting  (Read 17154 times)

NeilCorrie

Re: Recording of Extraordinary Area Committee Meeting
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
At last have been provided with the link to the video recording of last week's area committee.

Haven't watched it yet myself but look out for Dave Goddard's speech about trying to speak to the College Principal and her statement published today in the press that "We have met with everyone who has asked to meet with us." How can two people tell such a different story?

Area Committee Video

Related letter in this week's Stockport Express. 

JMC

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
Yes I know they all have a small range but I typically want what they haven't got .

There must be other people who want other things but do not have the luxury of a car, internet etc. and are forced to stay in Marple with less choice.

Miss Marple

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
Cripes I purchase all my veg in Marple and the majority of my shopping but my family do not eat fish or meat so if the Coop and Iceland don't supply a variety of tofu, quorn or the like I have to purchase it elsewhere (not ready meals)    Before anyone says you will be able to get it at ASDA ! Wrong ASDA does not really offer a great deal of veggie stuff, Morrison's in my opinion is the best place for veggie choice
And about my phone bill I am on free local calls but may have a problem when I start phoning Leeds lol omg lol  ;D

You can easily get tofu or quorn from Co-op, you can even get quorn from Spar at Rosehill.
Yes I know they all have a small range but I typically want what they haven't got .

Miss Marple

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 07:44:37 AM »
I can really really assure you that there is only one militant member of MIA and that's me ! Must be all those years working for unions ? :-*

Oh dear Miss M, you've gone down in my estimation. Unions are the last salvation of the lazy & incapable
Mothers Unions !

Marplemum

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »
I suggest all insomniacs watch it - it's a great sleep inducer ;)

tina

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »
I've not watched it all yet, don't really think I need to as I was there. I'm glad its online so people who couldn't attend due to the time and the weather can see for themselves....

Henry_

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
I can really really assure you that there is only one militant member of MIA and that's me ! Must be all those years working for unions ? :-*

Oh dear Miss M, you've gone down in my estimation. Unions are the last salvation of the lazy & incapable

Stop making childish insults Duke  ;D

Duke Fame

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »
Sorry but why does everyone assume that if people write something against the YES campaign that they are a member of MIA ? Anyway it's all getting so so childish and I am one of the worst culprits

Duke Fame

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »
Cripes I purchase all my veg in Marple and the majority of my shopping but my family do not eat fish or meat so if the Coop and Iceland don't supply a variety of tofu, quorn or the like I have to purchase it elsewhere (not ready meals)    Before anyone says you will be able to get it at ASDA ! Wrong ASDA does not really offer a great deal of veggie stuff, Morrisons in my opinion is the best place for veggie choice
And about my phone bill I am on free local calls but may have a problem when I start phoning Leeds lol omg lol  ;D

You can easily get tofu or quorn from Co-op, you can even get quorn from Spar at Rosehill.

Henry_

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
What is it with all these veggies? Do we live in Marple or a big hippy commune?

Miss Marple

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 11:29:32 PM »
Cripes I purchase all my veg in Marple and the majority of my shopping but my family do not eat fish or meat so if the Coop and Iceland don't supply a variety of tofu, quorn or the like I have to purchase it elsewhere (not ready meals)    Before anyone says you will be able to get it at ASDA ! Wrong ASDA does not really offer a great deal of veggie stuff, Morrisons in my opinion is the best place for veggie choice

jethroh65

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »
People can't fail to notice that a lot of people who shout I am on a low income have top of the range buggies for their children and dress them in so called designer clothes.So I think the clothes section in Asda will be off limits,The very thought!People with children are not on a low income,Child care vouchers ,child benefit,tax credits for all plus whatever else.So if people say they are on a low income,a lot of us wouldn't mind a bit of that.People think they should have it all. ::)

I disagree.
I am on a low income. My child's pram was a gift which i have had she was born. It is falling apart but i can't afford to get a new one. My child wears whatever i have passed down to me or clothes from the charity shop. I would like to shop at Asda for my child's clothes as I find M&CO so expensive. I'm guessing you are basing you opinions on seeing a few people on low incomes and judging everyone based on that.

Sareena ,I said a lot not all,There are some fantastic pre-loved buggies around and you will probably find higher quality childrens stuff in a charity shop than Asda,Tesco or Primark.No Sareena I don't consider anyone with children to be on a low income.the government sees to that wether a person is employed or not.I am on a low income as I don't have children to bump my income up.Now if only I had four children I could shop anywhere I liked within reason.

I am opposed to the supermarket, not a member of the MIA. Having children does not necessarily bump your income up. Your continued attempts to make this some sought of class issue are having a very negative are the type of comments that have a negative effect on the NO campaign. And seeing as my humorous but harmless remark on another topic was deleted, I hope your condescending post is removed at the same speed as mine, before another tirade of insults is exchanged.
comment is 

sooty2

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
People can't fail to notice that a lot of people who shout I am on a low income have top of the range buggies for their children and dress them in so called designer clothes.So I think the clothes section in Asda will be off limits,The very thought!People with children are not on a low income,Child care vouchers ,child benefit,tax credits for all plus whatever else.So if people say they are on a low income,a lot of us wouldn't mind a bit of that.People think they should have it all. ::)

I disagree.
I am on a low income. My child's pram was a gift which i have had she was born. It is falling apart but i can't afford to get a new one. My child wears whatever i have passed down to me or clothes from the charity shop. I would like to shop at Asda for my child's clothes as I find M&CO so expensive. I'm guessing you are basing you opinions on seeing a few people on low incomes and judging everyone based on that.

Sareena ,I said a lot not all,There are some fantastic pre-loved buggies around and you will probably find higher quality childrens stuff in a charity shop than Asda,Tesco or Primark.No Sareena I don't consider anyone with children to be on a low income.the government sees to that wether a person is employed or not.I am on a low income as I don't have children to bump my income up.Now if only I had four children I could shop anywhere I liked within reason.

Cripes

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
JMC why do you feel that it's hypocritical   MIA are against a supermarket on Hibbert Lane not against supermarkets !  I have to shop outside of Marple as all my family are veggie and the Coop and Iceland despite numerous phone calls do not carry a good range of veggie stuff.

You must have quite a hefty phone bill? Factoring in calls to the council too etc.

Regardless, there is some hypocrisy here, I don't eat meat but don't find that I have to resort to supermarkets for my meals, I'm quite well served by the green grocers in the centre, you know, one of the independents that we are striving to save if a supermarket moves in.