Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Recording of Extraordinary Area Committee Meeting  (Read 17323 times)

Henry_

Re: Recording of Extraordinary Area Committee Meeting
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »
Is it common practice for this type of meeting to be filmed?  People attending the meeting were told that if they didn't want to be filmed their only option was to leave - this doesn't seem very democratic.   I asked Cllr Ingham if the film had been made available to anybody other than Stockport Council but she sidestepped the question. 
I am amazed that it's not been edited !
Surely editing it would have opened a can of worms "my bit was edited out" etc?
I just thought people may have thought that heckling was edited, but as you can see Gary had his say with very little opposition and some sympathy for people living on the breadline without Internet, money to go to the pub and have their hair done ?  I thought the video was very informative don't you agree ?
No idea yet, but will watch it when I can. We all see what we want to see of course ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 08:23:38 PM »
Is it common practice for this type of meeting to be filmed?  People attending the meeting were told that if they didn't want to be filmed their only option was to leave - this doesn't seem very democratic.   I asked Cllr Ingham if the film had been made available to anybody other than Stockport Council but she sidestepped the question. 
I just thought people may have thought that heckling was edited, but as you can see Gary had his say with very little opposition and some sympathy for people living on the breadline without Internet, money to go to the pub and have their hair done ?  I thought the video was very informative don't you agree ?

Henry_

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:05:19 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »

sleepless

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Recording of Extraordinary Area Committee Meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
At last have been provided with the link to the video recording of last week's area committee.

Haven't watched it yet myself but look out for Dave Goddard's speech about trying to speak to the College Principal and her statement published today in the press that "We have met with everyone who has asked to meet with us." How can two people tell such a different story?

Area Committee Video

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website