Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Markings on Hibbert lane  (Read 5845 times)

Susan

Re: Markings on Hibbert lane
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
I wonder if it was markings for traffic lights, but saying that it would be to early to be marking out lights or a roundabout, or is it more far on than we know

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »
Yes, just asked they're marking out all the underground utilities, gas, electric, drains ect. Wonder why they would be doing this unless we don't know something they do!  ???

Beacuse if you are planning highway works you need to check with service providers how much it will cost to divert their underground kit. These cost estimates often go a long way in determining what scheme you might ultimately promote - no point planning a scheme you can't afford.

Believe it or not, most of the service providers only roughly know where their kit is, so very often you need to undertake surveys to establish exact positions. Its quite likely that is what is going on at the moment.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...

Tricky

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
I had a quick look at them this morning.

If I had to guess (and it is only a guess).. looks like a potential mini-roundabout.

some of the markings look like it could be a new pavement line.

this is pure guesswork though  ;)

meh

jogger

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 09:04:52 AM »
Nothing to do with BT all the fibre cable is in around there

heather

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »
and there was me thinking banksy had been to marple lol

amazon

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
If it was BT infinity then they'd be marking up the ENTIRE of marple, not just around the college.
They were also measuring using a theodolite today. Now, If it was BT infinity then they'd not be using a theodolite.
             Will it be built for Christmas . 2012 .

Smithy166

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
If it was BT infinity then they'd be marking up the ENTIRE of marple, not just around the college.
They were also measuring using a theodolite today. Now, If it was BT infinity then they'd not be using a theodolite.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:19 AM »
Yes, just asked they're marking out all the underground utilities, gas, electric, drains ect. Wonder why they would be doing this unless we don't know something they do!  ???

BT INFINITY .IS COMING TO THE AREA . .Nothing to do with a super market .

Dave

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:40:07 AM »

I've heard a rumour somewhere that there might be a plan to build a new supermarket in that area.  It might possibly have something to do with that?   ::) 

Jay

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »

Susan

Markings on Hibbert lane
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:34 AM »
I came over to Marple yesterday, whilst driving along Hibbert Lane there are a lot of markings on the path and road outside the college, does anybody know anything about these.