Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
April 17, 2014, 04:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

Support Friends of Marple Memorial Park when you shop on-line:

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Carpet Cleaning Stockport | Upholstery Cleaning Stockport

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning message from MIA  (Read 7767 times)
Belle Star

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

Surely anyone can set up a group however they wish? MIA or whoever else cannot dictate.... freedom of speech an all that.

Where is anyone 'dictating' what a new group can or cannot do?  Huh
Miss Marple

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »

Surely anyone can set up a group however they wish? MIA or whoever else cannot dictate.... freedom of speech an all that.
Yes of course they can all MIA want to point out is that whatever the group do is nothing to do with MIA.   I personally feel that this maybe what the college need because they obviously don't want to talk around the table so this maybe a wake up call for CAMSFC.  The more groups forming the better in my opinion if the college will speak to them.  Remember what happened in the Miners strike when all parties stopped talks .

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
Cripes

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »

Yes of course they can all MIA want to point out is that whatever the group do is nothing to do with MIA.   I personally feel that this maybe what the college need because they obviously don't want to talk around the table so this maybe a wake up call for CAMSFC.  The more groups forming the better in my opinion if the college will speak to them.  Remember what happened in the Miners strike when all parties stopped talks .

I thought they made it fairly clear that they set themselves up because they thought MIA weren't doing enough (in their eyes). Having said that, when they cause chaos, I'll be revoking anything I've said about freedom of speech....
Tina

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »

oh wow its all happening! Is there any messages in bottles around?
My login is Henrietta

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »

Have just had a leaflet posted through my door from "Marple in Direct Action" which says "Although Marple in Actin is doing a good job it is spearheaded by local business people who cannot bring themselves into disrepute by doing anything which might be "naughty" or disruptive.  Local ersidents need to talk about hard hitting and artistic ways to express our opinion about the planned sale of the college site to a supermarket.  Let's have some fun.  Meetings Friday 8pm Hatters  Sunday 8pm Otters".  It is signed by Angela Axion.  
I shouldn't worry about this. Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

I have this on good authority - from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

However, I find it disquieting that "Angela Axion" has apparently been intimidated and threatened (in front of witnesses) by a member of the college staff staff while conducting a survey among students near the college but not immediately outside it.

Part of this post concerning frogs has been removed. Admin
Dave

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 11:55:18 PM »

The only significant aspect of this bizarre episode is that MIA are taking it seriously!
Tina

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »

Have just had a leaflet posted through my door from "Marple in Direct Action" which says "Although Marple in Actin is doing a good job it is spearheaded by local business people who cannot bring themselves into disrepute by doing anything which might be "naughty" or disruptive.  Local ersidents need to talk about hard hitting and artistic ways to express our opinion about the planned sale of the college site to a supermarket.  Let's have some fun.  Meetings Friday 8pm Hatters  Sunday 8pm Otters".  It is signed by Angela Axion.  
I shouldn't worry about this. Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

However, I find it disquieting that "Angela Axion" has apparently been intimidated and threatened (in front of witnesses) by a member of the college staff staff while conducting a survey among students near the college but not immediately outside it.

I can clarify it was nothing to do with the yes group!
Mrs O

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »

Post overwritten. Admin
My login is Henrietta

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »

I shouldn't worry about this.  Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

I can clarify it was nothing to do with the yes group!
Yes, Tina. My informant didn't really think it was but thought she should find out before it went any further.
Miss Marple

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »

Post overwritten. Admin

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »

Post overwritten. Admin
Miss Marple

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »

Post overwritten. Admin

Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 02:29:25 AM »

In reply to mark.. it might be a bit late because its always difficult to get people out at short notice!
Off the top of my head at 2:30 in the morning.

Well.. a permanent picket.. but that would have been better starting last week!

A mass and continual crossing of the road.. can bring traffic to a stand still and cause a little grid lock   

student walk out to join a picket

anything that will grab the attention of people and causing a little bit of mayhem!

its late... thats it!!

Dave

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »

is that why you didn't attend the meeting ?  
No, I didn't attend last Wednesday's meeting because I was doing something else.  But even if I had been free I wouldn't have wasted my time, because the meeting, in your own words Miss M, was held in order to:
ask our elected members, SMBC planning officers  and hopefully Ms Cassidy questions about the  proposal to build a supermarket in the middle of a residential area. 
There was no point in asking those questions at the moment, because there will be no concrete answers until the planning application is submitted. And sure enough, it seems to have been a complete waste of everyone's time: 
The whole point of the meeting was for the planning department to inform you there has been no planning applications made and what the process was once it is. The meeting took nearly 2 hours in which to be honest could of been wrapped up in an hour! You all asked the same questions.
Mrs O

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »

Dave,The meeting at the college was supposed to include Ms Cassidy and the governors.They kept people waiting after the invite,then declined on the 10th Oct.The venue already booked,peoples work hours rescheduled and the councillors attendance would of been a complete waste of time if it was cancelled.Every body knows we can't get answers about the plans as they have not been submitted.Nothing has changed,so some of the questions that concern the public are still unanswered due to the colleges refusal to attend.Lots of people were informed of this by word of mouth and made their own decision as to attend or not.Looking at the large number of people at the meeting it was better that some people chose not to attend as they would not of got in. But you know all this Dave don't you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite