Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Warning message from MIA  (Read 54108 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: Warning message from MIA
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 02:29:25 AM »
In reply to mark.. it might be a bit late because its always difficult to get people out at short notice!
Off the top of my head at 2:30 in the morning.

Well.. a permanent picket.. but that would have been better starting last week!

A mass and continual crossing of the road.. can bring traffic to a stand still and cause a little grid lock   

student walk out to join a picket

anything that will grab the attention of people and causing a little bit of mayhem!

its late... thats it!!

Miss Marple

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:11 AM »
Post overwritten. Admin

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »
Post overwritten. Admin

Miss Marple

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »
Post overwritten. Admin

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:09 AM »
Have just had a leaflet posted through my door from "Marple in Direct Action" which says "Although Marple in Actin is doing a good job it is spearheaded by local business people who cannot bring themselves into disrepute by doing anything which might be "naughty" or disruptive.  Local ersidents need to talk about hard hitting and artistic ways to express our opinion about the planned sale of the college site to a supermarket.  Let's have some fun.  Meetings Friday 8pm Hatters  Sunday 8pm Otters".  It is signed by Angela Axion.  
I shouldn't worry about this.  Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

I have this on good authority - from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

However, I find it disquieting that "Angela Axion" has apparently been intimidated and threatened (in front of witnesses) by a member of the college staff staff while conducting a survey among students near the college but not immediately outside it.

I can clarify it was nothing to do with the yes group!
Yes, Tina. My informant didn't really think it was but thought she should find out before it went any further.

sooty2

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »
Post overwritten. Admin

tina

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
Have just had a leaflet posted through my door from "Marple in Direct Action" which says "Although Marple in Actin is doing a good job it is spearheaded by local business people who cannot bring themselves into disrepute by doing anything which might be "naughty" or disruptive.  Local ersidents need to talk about hard hitting and artistic ways to express our opinion about the planned sale of the college site to a supermarket.  Let's have some fun.  Meetings Friday 8pm Hatters  Sunday 8pm Otters".  It is signed by Angela Axion.  
I shouldn't worry about this. Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

However, I find it disquieting that "Angela Axion" has apparently been intimidated and threatened (in front of witnesses) by a member of the college staff staff while conducting a survey among students near the college but not immediately outside it.

I can clarify it was nothing to do with the yes group!

Dave

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 11:55:18 PM »
The only significant aspect of this bizarre episode is that MIA are taking it seriously!

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
I shouldn't worry about this. Only one person turned up to her meeting at "The Hatters" tonight and that person had other motives for doing so. (Basically to ask who was funding the "organisation" and why, and to find out if the set up was genuinely supporting the "No" Campaign or if it was actually part of a "Yes" Campaign attempt to discredit MIA. It was not the latter.)

Part of this post concerning frogs has been removed. Admin

tina

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
oh wow its all happening! Is there any messages in bottles around?

Cripes

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »
Surely anyone can set up a group however they wish? MIA or whoever else cannot dictate.... freedom of speech an all that.
Yes of course they can all MIA want to point out is that whatever the group do is nothing to do with MIA.   I personally feel that this maybe what the college need because they obviously don't want to talk around the table so this maybe a wake up call for CAMSFC.  The more groups forming the better in my opinion if the college will speak to them.  Remember what happened in the Miners strike when all parties stopped talks .

I thought they made it fairly clear that they set themselves up because they thought MIA weren't doing enough (in their eyes). Having said that, when they cause chaos, I'll be revoking anything I've said about freedom of speech....

Miss Marple

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
Surely anyone can set up a group however they wish? MIA or whoever else cannot dictate.... freedom of speech an all that.
Yes of course they can all MIA want to point out is that whatever the group do is nothing to do with MIA.   I personally feel that this maybe what the college need because they obviously don't want to talk around the table so this maybe a wake up call for CAMSFC.  The more groups forming the better in my opinion if the college will speak to them.  Remember what happened in the Miners strike when all parties stopped talks .

Belle Star

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

Where is anyone 'dictating' what a new group can or cannot do?  ???

Henry_

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 10:11:26 PM »

Where'e the Popular Front of Marple Action?

He's over there!

Cripes

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »