Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Warning message from MIA  (Read 54117 times)

Henry_

Re: Warning message from MIA
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Where is the evidence of this shady group? If people are getting leaflets can't someone scan one?

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »
erm...Im not going to moderate Howard... as he said we're all allowed our opinions.. we're only here to stop abuse and offence.. I dont consider trickys joke to be particularly offensive either.

I am about to put my point of view ..not as moderator!

Direct action are NOT swear words!! its not something to fear and as someone who has been very active in and advised on lawful Direct Action I think you are all over reacting. 

Obviously I dont support unlawful DA or DA that damages property of any kind, however its just a way of saying that you're going beyond discussion and frantic letter writing and making your protest more public more in your face more unmissable and quite frankly they wont be able to ignore it!

I can understand people wanting to take their arguments beyond a committee of people who I'm sure are doing a very good job but it doesn't suit everyone and its currently not seemingly getting anywhere.

Direct action can be and is a very effective way of making agencies who are currently paying lip service sit up and worry!  I'm all for it ..as long as its lawful.. as soon as it s not then the police will be involved and will put a stop to it and rightly so.

Its difficult to avoid clashes with names.. bearing in mind its Marple ..and its Action.. and i doubt very much any DA group would would to have a close association with MIA.

MIA doesn't have any particular right to talk for the majority of people who oppose this development, neither have they any particular right to suggest people doing it their own way is wrong.  I understand VERY well its a fine line but MIA do need to be careful they don't get too autocratic.. you are just a small bunch of individuals who have decided to fight a difficult campaign.. thats it!

Dave

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
We know from all the posts like this one....
I can assure you that if you had been in the meetings which I have been to, spokened to people at the YPLA and numerous other relevant agencies, had  sight of the documentation I have been privy to......

....that Miss M likes all the 'cloak and dagger' stuff about secret deals, leaks, rumours and conspiracies, but this one is truly surreal!   And tricky's excellent joke is surely the only sensible response!  

Howard

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
So do we know when you are "Moderator" and when you are not  .... do you have a flashing light that says " I am moderator today "  ...... ??

When I am being "me" I will have a line under my posts from now on that says:

[not posting as moderator]

As in my response to Dave a few minutes ago. Just because I have been asked to help Mark moderate the board doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

[not posting as moderator]

Rachael

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »
So do we know when you are "Moderator" and when you are not  .... do you have a flashing light that says " I am moderator today "  ...... ??

Either way,  ask the people who got caught up in the REAL I.R.A  bombings on our own doorstep, see  if they share the same wit .

Its one thing offending people with personal insults on here , but this is something that goes beyond anything else :(

:( :(

Smithy166

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »
@tricky, you've got to love photoshop  :D Wait, That IS photoshopped, right?

Howard

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »
I give it 0/10  for very bad taste :(  and as a moderator Howard, Im very surprised at you !   :'(

I was applauding the wit, not the content and I posted as me, not as moderator. I'll leave it to Mark or Lisa to drop a bomb on me  ;)

Rachael

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
Blimey.. is this dissident faction called the REAL MIA?

I'll give you 9/10 for that one, Tricky. LOL moment

I give it 0/10  for very bad taste :(  and as a moderator Howard, Im very surprised at you !   :'(

Tricky

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
 Seriously?

::)
meh

sooty2

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »
I hope you both don't think it is still funny if things turn nasty >:(

Howard

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

I'll give you 9/10 for that one, Tricky. LOL moment

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:05:26 PM »

meh

Miss Marple

Warning message from MIA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM »
MIA are concerned to hear that another group has  formed with a name not that much different from MIA.  The group  we are led to believe are leafleting and   arranging meetings advocating direct action against the college.  The group state that MIA are not active enough and are planning to raise the profile of the issue nationally by a series of activist activities directed at the college.
MIA are concerned that this group maybe mistaken by some people to be members of MIA, they are not. 
MIA  tried to warn the college about sub groups forming but they decided not to listen so this is now their problem and they will have to address this issue with increased security around the areas. 
If the group is reading this thread I would appeal to you to make contact with MIA so we can discuss where you feel our group is failing with it's approach.  MIA have always respected differing views and it is hoped that this newly formed group will respect our community, property, and children's education and be mindful of these points when arranging any active  action attempts on the college.