Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Help Roman Lakes get an Exhibition Centre  (Read 3970 times)

Dave

Re: Help Roman Lakes get an Exhibition Centre
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
That's really good news, and shows excellent community spirit and support.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
Well pleased to say that our votes helped Roman Lakes to win £6,000:

http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/5411
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »
In my opinion The Roman Lake Company would help themeselves a little more by making a contribution to repair that terrible road surface leading down to it. I certainly would not risk damaging the sump on my car by attempting to drive down there. I have seen in th e past the "Roman Lake" land rover about the town, which is an ideal vehicle for that sort of rough terrain, but I can't afford one for my " little darlings".., and I can't do the walk down there.

Don't your "little darlings" have feet, then, Alan? We used to walk down there nearly every weekend when we were "little darlings" (and when we were courting teenagers  :-*)

alan@marple

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
In my opinion The Roman Lake Company would help themeselves a little more by making a contribution to repair that terrible road surface leading down to it. I certainly would not risk damaging the sump on my car by attempting to drive down there. I have seen in th e past the "Roman Lake" land rover about the town, which is an ideal vehicle for that sort of rough terrain, but I can't afford one for my " little darlings".., and I can't do the walk down there.

amazon

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
There is a freephone number also, if there is more than one member of a family or don't have an email address. 0800 210 0246. ok! Amazon I'll do your vote. Thanks.
            voted tonght .

badger

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
You obviously don't understand the reason for the exhibition centre, it's to exhibit the artifacts and information regarding The Mellor Mill project which is to be an ongoing project for 25 years.       

marveld

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
I hope the Roman Lakes don't get an exhibition centre. In my opinion not enough people will make use of it. I'd much rather see occasional exhibitions at Marple Library which is more accessible to the majority of people.

badger

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »
There is a freephone number also, if there is more than one member of a family or don't have an email address. 0800 210 0246. ok! Amazon I'll do your vote. Thanks.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
Just bumping this up and simplifying the message:

If you'd like to vote for Mellor Archaeological Trust and Friends of Our Valley to receive a £6,000 grant to kick-start a fund-raising effort to build an Exhibition Centre at Roman Lakes, them please follow this link and fill in your details. It will cost you a few minutes to help bring in thousands of £££'s for Marple and Mellor's Heritage!

ill vote for this you vote for compstall cricket club .

Henry_

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »
I'll vote for it. However, I hope the proprietors of the Roman Lakes park would make a better job of looking after this than their track record would suggest. The place has had the air of an unfinished building site for decades.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »
Just bumping this up and simplifying the message:

If you'd like to vote for Mellor Archaeological Trust and Friends of Our Valley to receive a £6,000 grant to kick-start a fund-raising effort to build an Exhibition Centre at Roman Lakes, them please follow this link and fill in your details. It will cost you a few minutes to help bring in thousands of £££'s for Marple and Mellor's Heritage!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Help Roman Lakes get an Exhibition Centre
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
Posted on behalf of Mellor Archaeological Trust (MAT) in association with Friends of Our Valley (FOV)

MELLOR ARCHAEOLOGICAL TRUST
AND FRIENDS OF OUR VALLEY
an exhibition centre for the history and ecology
of the Goyt Valley between Marple Bridge and Strines
your vote will count
We have applied to NatWest Community Force for one of their £6000 grants to kick-start fund-raising for an exhibition centre at Roman Lakes Leisure Park.  The archaeological importance is that the area owned by the Park includes the site of Samuel Oldknow’s industrial complex and mansion..  The valley itself is a beautiful area full of wildlife.  The centre would therefore have a triple function with the following displays.
·   Historic information on Mellor Mill, built 1792, burnt down 1892, with finds from excavations, and on the wider story of Mellor and Ludworth as industrial communities for over hundred years starting in the late 18th century.
·   The social history of the Roman Lakes Leisure Park, which attracted crowds of visitors to its boating, fishing, tea-rooms, dances and concerts through the first half of the 20th century.
·   The ecology and wild life of the Goyt Valley.
There are 36 entries from Stockport and success depends on the number of votes FROM YOU.  VOTE NOW. Voting closes on Monday 24th October
HOW TO VOTE
http://communityforce.natwest.com/
OR
Google: community force
?
first item: Home: NatWest Community Force
?
top right, click: Register
wait for an e-mail verification, click link
?
go back to Home
?
go down page to red strip
click: Vote for a project now
?
search: mellor sk6
?
click: List (left above map)
?
first item:
Mellor Archaeological Trust (MAT) in association with Friends of Our Valley (FOV)
Link: http://communityforce.natwest.com/project/5411

click: read more
?
remember to tick ? I accept…conditions
then
click: Vote for us

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website