Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Welcome to New Forum Moderators Howard & Lisa  (Read 8655 times)

Barbara

Re: Welcome to New Forum Moderators Howard & Lisa
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
Sorry Mark - I do welcome Howard and Lisa and am glad that you have asked them to help you look after this facility.  I have been feeling for some time that it must have been getting a bit much for you to cope with all the postings, some of which have been quite abusive!  Will try to behave in future.   ;D

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »
Please stay on topic  :D this thread is for praising the new moderators  ;D
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alison

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »
well I know how to copy and paste out of wikipeadia! :-[ ;)

Barbara

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »
Oooh, big words now!!  Remind me to ring you up when I am stuck on a crossword! :D

alison

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »
I'm not an american I was referrring to The mammal Equus africanus asinus better known as the Donkey honest!! :D

alan@marple

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 12:15:29 AM »

Moderator, moderator Allison used a rude bottom word!!!!!!!

alison

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 08:04:34 PM »
gosh you are very polite moderators! If you ever want a kick ass moderator with a very short fuse who hates CAPITALS I'm your gal Mark!

Welcome new moderators - be careful out there!

Alison

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
As you know Alan I have quite a few political opinions most of which oppose yours however we generally have fun disagreeing with each other :D  Howard and I also disagree on lots of things too!  I think we tend to end up agreeing to disagree, quietly knowing the others wrong :D 

However none of our discussions have ended up in abuse or possible offence and as far as I'm concerned thats all us newbie mods are here to moderate.

Now... when you all decide to start shouting at each other again can you please let me know before hand because every time I've been here this week everyone is being really well mannered so not had a chance to practice yet  :(   <JOKE>  :D 

Howard

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 04:45:15 PM »
Alan, thanks for your message.

Clearly everyone has their own political view and I am no different from anyone else. However, the job that Lisa and I have as moderators have is to keep the forum polite and ensure that it runs smoothly. I will continue to post my own views when I feel I can contribute to the debate or provide information (e.g., "dancing schools" or "rugby club open day") but those will have no relation whatsoever to my role as a moderator.

We have been asked to keep the board running owing to the large increase in users who have arrived because of the supermarket issue. So, for example, I have split off a couple of threads into their own topics when they began to drift from their original titles ("Inconsiderate parking" and "NHS dentistry") and moved some posts when a thread began to get out of hand. After consultation with Mark we restored some of those posts.

Bear with us while we learn the ropes. Politics will have no bearing on what we do. However, If you see something you want us to look at please use the PM system and one of use will investigate.

Is that OK?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
Yes Alan, it's THAT Lisa, so watch your step  ;D

No political bias will be shown when moderating, all views aired within the bounds of respectability and courtesy will be permitted but bad manners will be frowned upon and abuse will not be tolerated.

We may well express our own views in our own posts from time to time on various topics but will not be editing or removing other people's posts simply because we do not agree with them.

Hope that sums it up ok?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

alan@marple

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »
Hi Mark,

I think I know Howard and is it my Friend Lisa who works with the other Mark?

Can we be assured that no political bias will be entertained, and that all views will be aired within the bounds of respectability and courtesy, it's just that I abhor our local council and I would never be offensive,  if I thought I was telling the truth

JMC

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
A very warm welcome to the new moderators Howard & Lisa  :) i am sure they wil do a brilliant job  :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Welcome to New Forum Moderators Howard & Lisa
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »
I’m pleased to announce (a little belatedly as you may have discovered already) that The Marple Website now has two brand new Moderators who will be helping me to keep an eye on the forum and what’s going on. Their names are Howard and Lisa and they have both been contributing to the site for nearly ten years, so any regular visitors should know them well already. I’m very grateful to them both for agreeing to get involved.

The need for me to have some help has arisen due to the increased activity on the forum due to the Supermarket on Hibbert Lane issue, and that topic looks like it may run for quite some time. However, the hope is that many of the extra visitors will want to contribute to other topics too and will continue to visit and participate long after that issue is resolved.

Of course the hope is also that much of the time none of us will need to intervene at all but, as we have seen in recent weeks, controversial threads can very quickly get out of hand if people forget their patience and manners or behave inconsiderately.

Moderating a board like this can be a challenge and it is often not easy to decide what is the best thing to do when things are kicking off. Howard and Lisa (and I) may well make errors of judgement when trying to keep things under control. Please remember this and make allowance for it – usually a post removed by mistake can be corrected later – but abusing a voluntary Moderator who is doing their best to keep this a friendly place that people of all ages can visit will not be tolerated and is likely to result in the abuser being banned.

As well as helping to moderate the forum Howard and Lisa also have ideas about how it can be improved, and it’s going to be great to have someone to talk these ideas through with and start to implement them in the future.

So, I hope you will join me in welcoming them to their new task and will make their lives (and mine) as easy as possible by staying on your very best behaviour!  

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website