Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Parking at Marple Rugby Club  (Read 3770 times)

Howard

Re: Parking at Marple Rugby Club
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
I have split this into a new topic "Inconsiderate Parking" as it was no longer related to the Rugby Club. The new topic is here:
http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=3851.0

Adora

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
Apparently, I've attached a picture of the note! New to forum, so dunno if I've done it right yet until I hit the 'post' button!

(Howard, I didn't take your post as a criticism...I figured you were just making sure I had the right info from the club. My reposnse was me just trying to let you know that the Club has told me (and all our parents) where to park and where not to park and to ask us to be respectful of the neighbours).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Howard

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:34:43 PM »
Howard, the Club have been very clear in asking us to be respectful about where and how we park, not only on the website but also, the coach from our team has asked us the same and given us ideas where to park as per your list. The Club, in my opinion, try very hard to be good neighbours and it's a very friendly group who, I don't think, wish to offend and neither do I!

It appears however, that I have, inadvertantly, managed to hack somebody off to the point where they left the note! It's irked me enough to register for this forum as the only means I can think of to have my say and state my case (and apologise) back at them!

Adora, it wasn't a criticism. I can see that you did what you could to park appropriately and where the club asked you to! I guess it's likely to be a walker or cyclist (possible horse rider) that left the note. It does seem to be a lot of effort though, to want to stop what you're doing and write a note.

Adora

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »

Yes, I've still got the note and no, it's not too rude to publish...I'll send it tonight when I get home.

I was thinking I probably ought to try and photograph where I parked and try to upload the pics so you might understand how I failed to see the tarmac. We're at rugby next Sunday morning so I'll see if I can get a few pics.

I know this really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things (refreshing BBC news page for updates on Euro crisis every few minutes here!) - like I say, it just irked.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
Do you still have the note? Is it too rude to publish so that we can see it?

You can send me a scan if you're not sure how to do it yourself.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Adora

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

Hi again and thanks for replies.

Howard, the Club have been very clear in asking us to be respectful about where and how we park, not only on the website but also, the coach from our team has asked us the same and given us ideas where to park as per your list. The Club, in my opinion, try very hard to be good neighbours and it's a very friendly group who, I don't think, wish to offend and neither do I!

It appears however, that I have, inadvertantly, managed to hack somebody off to the point where they left the note! It's irked me enough to register for this forum as the only means I can think of to have my say and state my case (and apologise) back at them!

Howard

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
With nearly 260 registered players at the youth section, there sometimes can be a problem parking at Marple Rugby Club on Sunday mornings. The website has a specific section asking people to park considerately. See the page at:
http://www.marpleminis-youthrugbyclub.co.uk/aboutmatchdays.html

We advise people to park on the Middlewood Way, Cheadle and Marple College and Neomet car parks for which we have obtained permission. Occasionally we have the use of the car park at the Marple Tavern as well.

Henry_

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
I once had someone write a rude note in permanent marker pen on a window near the Oddies in Moor End of all places, and then in the car park above the Midland in Marple Bridge someone left a really hostile pre-printed note under the wipers full of swearing - seemingly for parking too close to their blingy white new BMW. It seems they must drive around with a batch of such things in their glove box.

Cowardly pillocks.

Adora

Parking at Marple Rugby Club
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »

Hello

I'm actually from HG but my son plays for Marple Rugby club. My post today is directed at the charming individual who left the snotty note on my car windscreen last Sunday morning.

I'm sorry!

I was totally unaware that I'd parked incorrectly or done anything wrong. I pulled in to the car park which cuts across the Middlewood Way just next to the club. I chose, what I thought was, a perfectly legitimate spot. It blocked nothing! I DID NOT see a flat, black tarmaced 'path' which pops out of the Middlewood Way gate and slides around the very edge of the carpark and meets up with the real pavement on the road. I just didn't note that it was any kind of path. There's no kerb, just a different material on the floor.

After reading the note, I had to walk around the car to figure out what the problem was. Even now, I'm not convinced it was parking my front wheels on the tarmac. The Middlewood Way cuts straight through the centre of the carpark. I did not block the gateway to the Middlewood Way (Rosehill side). The tarmac was, however, the ONLY thing I could think of or see which might be wrong.

I made a mistake.

Sometimes, people do make mistakes.

It doesn't mean they are "SO rude and ignorant".

What IS rude and ignorant is leaving a note like that on a car windscreen. A note pointing out the driver's error politely would suffice.

Once again, I apologise for getting it wrong - it was a genuine mistake.

Thanks.