Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Froggatt / Gibbons Family  (Read 3021 times)

valbar

Froggatt / Gibbons Family
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »
I am hoping some one may be able to help me break down a brick wall !! For the past 3 years I have been trying to find out what be came of Eva Froggatt/ Waters

Eva was the adopted daughter of Edward and Sarah(nee Sandham) Froggatt, the 1901 census only shows Edward and Sarah living at Compstall Road. The 1911 census shows Edward, Sarah and Eva adopted daughter age 17 birth place unknown all living at 151 Montague Street Compstall.

Edward and Sarah emigrated to Canada in 1911, settling in Winnipeg Manatoba.
Eva did not go with them and married Frank Waters in 1913 aged 20 at St Pauls Church Compstall. On the marriage certificate Eva states her father as Joseph Gibbons deceased. I have found a death for a Joseph Gibbons in Marple in 1905 aged 55.

Frank joined the army in 1917 Notts and Derby regiment, and was killed in action in France on 17th October 1918. I have a copy of a letter written by Lieutenant F.D. Hoyle to Eva informing her of Franks death. His medals were returned to the war office, ?? why.

Rumour has it that Eva emigrated to South America, committed suicide, was the illigitimate daughter of Edward Froggatt. I can find no records or information relating to Eva after her marriage in 1913.

Any help or information would be more than greatly appreciated.