Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: How much will you save if a new supermarket comes to Marple?  (Read 27219 times)

jethroh65

Re: How much will you save if a new supermarket comes to Marple?
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
Some typical inane drivel from Duke Fame
You will see that the Yes campaign is against a Hypermarket too, but not against something appropriately sized there to compete with the co-op. Only an idiot would argue that we need a Tesco Express or Asda Supercentre in Marple. Indeed I have pledged on facebook to run naked down Market Street if such a thing happens, so may as well repeat this vow here.  8)
The thought of this will help the NO campaign no end  ;D               

Henry_

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »
Some typical inane drivel from Duke Fame who will of course take this in the spirit that it was intended as will admin
You will see that the Yes campaign is against a Hypermarket too, but not against something appropriately sized there to compete with the co-op. Only an idiot would argue that we need a Tesco Express or Asda Supercentre in Marple. Indeed I have pledged on facebook to run naked down Market Street if such a thing happens, so may as well repeat this vow here.  8)

tina

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »
If people don't like the coop why are you using it, why don't you shop at Spar or Premier for basics like a lot of people do    Check out New Shop at Rosehill post and you will see people shop at Premier to save money

That is just a ridiculous and pointless post MM.... You can not get a weekly food shop from either the spar or Premier! I go there for bread and milk, because their price is fair, unlike the co-op 2 litre milk cost me £1.64 yesterday, kicked myself at the til because I could of got 2 for £2 at the spar.... but the rest of my shopping I cant get from the spar.
Help!! my head is spinning with the price of fish, Correct me if I am wrong.I can't see in the above posts where Miss M suggested you could get a weekly food shop at Premier or Spar.From what I can see, or have I missed something?Miss M mentions basics and Tina agrees that's what she buys.So what is Miss M saying sorry for in a later post? My head has been Duke Famed :'(

aww Trixie dont be a spoil sport I was actually 'milking' the sorry from her then! first time she has said it to me :p ..

No joking asside, ... my point was she said to read the post about the new shop at rose hill which I believe is a closed topic now. That people was shopping there as it was cheaper, I was saying it was a pointless post as it wasnt along the lines of the conversation on this topic.   

Duke Fame

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »
Some stuff

I do see your point on the coops monopoly. The coops usp is it's  ethical approach but not everyone appreciates paying the premium.

I am saying there is a realistic cost saving alternative to the hypermarket.

I also believe the coop can save itself by inviting a supermarket to take it's existing property which will help counter the YES folk

Henry_

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
If people don't like the coop why are you using it, why don't you shop at Spar or Premier for basics like a lot of people do    Check out New Shop at Rosehill post and you will see people shop at Premier to save money

That is just a ridiculous and pointless post MM.... You can not get a weekly food shop from either the spar or Premier! I go there for bread and milk, because their price is fair, unlike the co-op 2 litre milk cost me £1.64 yesterday, kicked myself at the til because I could of got 2 for £2 at the spar.... but the rest of my shopping I cant get from the spar.
Help!! my head is spinning with the price of fish, Correct me if I am wrong.I can't see in the above posts where Miss M suggested you could get a weekly food shop at Premier or Spar.From what I can see, or have I missed something?Miss M mentions basics and Tina agrees that's what she buys.So what is Miss M saying sorry for in a later post? My head has been Duke Famed :'(

I think I am the proud starter (albeit inadvertedly) of the fastest growing thread in Marple website history! It is getting a bit confusing though  :)

sooty2

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »
If people don't like the coop why are you using it, why don't you shop at Spar or Premier for basics like a lot of people do    Check out New Shop at Rosehill post and you will see people shop at Premier to save money

Henry_

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
Duke you are being very rude tonight.

I would say I'm offended that you've only noticed tonight!

:o >:( ;D If you're not careful I'm going to stick my tongue out at you . . . :P

Duke Fame

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 11:58:35 PM »
I'm getting offended for you, don't think its anyones business how many children we have etc... making rude comments like that is just making him look silly.

I agree, if everyone is working and can afford it, it's no business of mine & therefore a choice, ultimately a lifestyle choice.

Henry_

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
Double post

Sareena

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
. I think I am missing something here the issue is very emotive on both sides !  But I will not have it turned into a class war because we have single mums, pensioners , low income families in the NO campaign and they are not pleading poverty so I think we all need to keep it real, or I will be working lots of overtime  ;D
[/quote]

I am a single mum, i am not pleading poverty, I am saying that i stuggle to buy all the things that are needed. I grow my own veg and make my own juice. I am willing to have the added traffic across from my house, not happy about it, but willing so that i can make regular savings. This is real. Maybe they are not pleading poverty because they have enough money to pay the prices in Marple or get a home delivery.
[/quote]

There are ethical problems about disposable nappies that perhaps the co-op is correct in charging a premium for the environmental damage. Have you considered re-usable?
[/quote]
My daughter was in reusable nappies from birth but eventually i had to stop. Replacing them is costly as is the nappy bin and sanitising liquid.

Henry_

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 11:57:24 PM »
Prior to the announcement of the proposed plans for Hibbert Lane, was there a campaign or facebook page asking for a new supermarket in or was there the outcry about the Co-op?
How many years has the Co-op been the main shop in Marple?

A new supermarket would be a convenience and is not a necessity, is that convenience worth the effect
it will have on the Hibbert Lane area and centre as a whole?  

Exactly what I've been thinking since the "Yes" campaign started. Very well said!

Well, the No campaign (and I commend it absolutely for its passion and its energy) brought the whole possibility and concept of a new supermarket in Marple to all of us by shining a light on the goings on at CAMSFC. We'd never dream such a thing could be possible due to lack of land previously. Then the No campaign (less commendably) got its strategy wrong - in my humble opinion - and got a lot of people's backs up due to scare mongering and hectoring. The 'Yes' campaign was born out all of this. That's my take on it anyway for what it's worth.

Duke Fame

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 11:54:26 PM »

I would say I'm offended that you've only noticed tonight!

tina

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
I'm getting offended for you, don't think its anyones business how many children we have etc... making rude comments like that is just making him look silly.

Belle Star

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »
Prior to the announcement of the proposed plans for Hibbert Lane, was there a campaign or facebook page asking for a new supermarket in or was there the outcry about the Co-op?
How many years has the Co-op been the main shop in Marple?

A new supermarket would be a convenience and is not a necessity, is that convenience worth the effect
it will have on the Hibbert Lane area and centre as a whole? 

Exactly what I've been thinking since the "Yes" campaign started. Very well said!

Henry_

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 11:46:14 PM »
I think he's just on a bit of a wind up mission Tina. I am taking the bait admittedly but not offended by it.