Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Marple in Action RALLY 10th Sept 2pm Memorial Park  (Read 28162 times)

Henry_

Re: Marple in Action RALLY 10th Sept 2pm Memorial Park
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »
I started MIA and now it is a recognised community group so .........   I can not speak on behalf of MIA because we are a group now of many people from all walks of life .   So I use Miss MARPLE to say what I want to say.   I have never distanced myself from MIA I am VERY proud, to just how far this has come from its humble beginnings around my kitchen table ( I hope having a kitchen table doesnt make me posh lol  :D )  I will be at the Rally and like I have said we will have a chance to speak face to face instead of on the forum  So let's not continue to have these stupid exchanges as it makes us all look a little lacking  ;)

Why are they stupid exchanges? I find them very informative and stimulating. There is also the benefit of having everything written down which is another positive. I am more than happy to continue exchanging views on here  :) . If you have misinterpreted my tone then I can only apologise.

Miss Marple

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
I started MIA and now it is a recognised community group so .........   I can not speak on behalf of MIA because we are a group now of many people from all walks of life .   So I use Miss MARPLE to say what I want to say.   I have never distanced myself from MIA I am VERY proud, to just how far this has come from its humble beginnings around my kitchen table ( I hope having a kitchen table doesnt make me posh lol  :D )  I will be at the Rally and like I have said we will have a chance to speak face to face instead of on the forum  So let's not continue to have these stupid exchanges as it makes us all look a little lacking  ;)

Henry_

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
The issue about the gifted land being sold off is surely a red herring too, if MIA are indeed happy for it to be sold for housing?

And we're not talking about a few pennies being saved on a tin of beans as a reason for being in favour of a supermarket, we are talking about potential savings of £100s or even £1000s of pounds (when taking into account transport costs) for Marple's hard pushed residents.

I am speaking as Miss Marple not MIA and dress it up whatever way you like that land was a gift for the people of MARPLE for education and if CAMSFC for whatever reason no longer want it let it be used for some other education purpose .   HWL as I have said before we have documentation proving the land was gifted to the people of MARPLE for education why oh why would we lie.  Can I just ask what research has the YES team done because this is basic stuff that you need to be aware of to form an informed opinion.  Enough said see you at the rally on Sat and we can have a litte chat  :-\

I'm not doubting the documentation. One's own interpretation of how relevant or important this is is a different question.

I quote MIA here:

We feel that there must be better uses of the land that would benefit the whole community of Marple, such as affordable housing for young families or retired people, a community centre and/or health centre, more facilities for the youth of Marple.

So MIA do not mind the land being sold for other purposes, despite it being gifted as an educational site. It seems odd that everyone on these forums against a supermarket there is also keen to distance themselves from MIA. Why is this? Are there any actual MIA representatives on here?

Miss Marple

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
The issue about the gifted land being sold off is surely a red herring too, if MIA are indeed happy for it to be sold for housing?

And we're not talking about a few pennies being saved on a tin of beans as a reason for being in favour of a supermarket, we are talking about potential savings of £100s or even £1000s of pounds (when taking into account transport costs) for Marple's hard pushed residents.

I am speaking as Miss Marple not MIA and dress it up whatever way you like that land was a gift for the people of MARPLE for education and if CAMSFC for whatever reason no longer want it let it be used for some other education purpose .   HWL as I have said before we have documentation proving the land was gifted to the people of MARPLE for education why oh why would we lie.  Can I just ask what research has the YES team done because this is basic stuff that you need to be aware of to form an informed opinion.  Enough said see you at the rally on Sat and we can have a litte chat  :-\

Duke Fame

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 10:11:17 AM »
One of the problems with some of the information put out by MIA and its supporters is the misleading language used.   It really isn't helpful or accurate to describe a sixth form college as a 'private company' - this is a classic example of MIA 'spin'.  ::).

Dave's right, they operate like a public sector body, employees get generous salaries, pensions, ridiculously short working hours, long holidays and pretty much unsackable due to weak management who are unwilling to stand up to union power. There is little incentive for managment to address this because the taxpayer pays up dutifully.

Dave

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
One of the problems with some of the information put out by MIA and its supporters is the misleading language used.   It really isn't helpful or accurate to describe a sixth form college as a 'private company' - this is a classic example of MIA 'spin'.  ::).

Sixth form colleges are independent charitable bodies.  They are not for profit.  They are classified as 'public sector', not 'private sector'.  Their governors are unpaid, and are in effect the trustees of the charity.  The education they provide for young people aged 16 - 18 is free of charge.  Although they are not now controlled by local authorities (that ended 18 years ago), they work very closely with local schools and with local authorities.  Local authorities also fund them, and are responsible for managing their performance.  They are best described as public bodies; they are not, in any meaningful sense of the words, 'private companies'. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Everyone is welcome at the Rally it is our community and each and everyone of us is part of that ?  You do not need an invitation because we all need to know/ hear how this will effect our lives our children's lives and what impact it will have on us all.  It doesn't matter if you own a property, live in social housing or rent a house all that is not relevant, what does matter is that we stop trying to turn this into a class war and just try to support one another in finding out the truth.  Because if we lose  focus on what is happening we will never get to know the truth and the TRUTH is what we all need to know.   So whilst we are all arguing on how cheaper a tin of beans maybe in ASDA which may save us a few pennies, we maybe allowing a private company to walk away with millions of our money from land that was a gift, to you me and our children   I know what I will be focusing on  ;)

mum_of_2

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
Sorry Daniel, i just made a connection between 'Captain' and the fact you felt the need to answer a genuine question with a ridiculous answer on behalf of all those that have arranged the rally. I wasn't even aware that i was taking the 'mikky' but if my comments caused any offence then i am sorry.
 :-X

ditto,and to be honest i was just commenting on sareenas post as the pirate thing is an on going thing between us and our children. I only realised your name once you said it. I am sorry too if offence was caused, it was not meant to.

Sareena

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »
Sorry Daniel, i just made a connection between 'Captain' and the fact you felt the need to answer a genuine question with a ridiculous answer on behalf of all those that have arranged the rally. I wasn't even aware that i was taking the 'mikky' but if my comments caused any offence then i am sorry.
 :-X

tina

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
Sorry Daniel I wasn't saying YOU are making those comments... it was a generalisation of what is happening at the moment on the whole site on all topics. If you read MM first post about the rally u will see she says its open mic, HWL1973 was just asking a simple question of how open it would be. In another post on a different topic MM said I was welcome and also mum of 2.  It is sometimes helpful to read a whole topic before you jump in and make comments without reading it all first.

Smithy166

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
I was simply saying What I thought was best, As i didn't know if the mic was open or not! I didn't state that you wern't allowed to attend the ralley was FACT either. At no point did I specifically state That I was speaking on MIA's behalf.
I haven't, at any point, segregated people because they live in a council house, or because they have trouble spelling, And I never will.

Also, please stop taking the mikky out of my forum name, I don't make fun of yours, so its manners to not make fun of mine.

tina

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 09:51:02 PM »
MM said I was welcome to come along.
Daniel you say you are not affiliated to MIA but then go on to speak on their behalf. We don't want to cause trouble, I for one am a quiet private person, but do feel the people who would like a supermarket should be able to ask questions. That is what a open Mic is for.
The 'yes' group are not out to cause trouble, there is always going to be someone who says this and says that on both sides but they are just a small amount of people. We are just normal people from all walks of life who have a view.
This whole conversation at the moment has turned into a argument from every corner...who has a spelling mistake, who lives in a council house etc etc..... Its getting very tiring.
In life not everyone agrees, wouldn't it be a boring world if we all followed along the same lines... same hair, same clothes etc etc... do you get my point?

Bulky

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
My sincere apologises, I thought you said "how open would the MICROWAVE be", As if you were refering to "brain washing"
As for weither your welcome or not at the rally i'm not sure, The best bet is to assume that "yes" campaginers arn't, unless someone tells you otherwise :)
o if the yes campaign is not welcome then wht say it is an open microphone, why say the community can ask questions and why say this is our chance to speak to the people making decisions on our behalf? We are not accepting this!! Thats plain wrong, if the yes campaign are not welcome, how about those on the fence??   see you there!!!

Tasha  people from the Yes , NO , and sat on the fence should all be welcome !!

mum_of_2

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »
My sincere apologises, I thought you said "how open would the MICROWAVE be", As if you were refering to "brain washing"
As for weither your welcome or not at the rally i'm not sure, The best bet is to assume that "yes" campaginers arn't, unless someone tells you otherwise :)

aye aye Cpt,
whatever ye say cap'n  ::)
hahah ARRRGGGHH MATEYY! hahaha

Sareena

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

aye aye Cpt,
whatever ye say cap'n  ::)