All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: what kills wasp nests?  (Read 2977 times)

sooty2

Re: what kills wasp nests?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
I had one in my loft and decided to leave them to die naturally ,as only the odd one took a walk down the pipe from the water tank to appear in the airing cupboard.The last one appeared on boxing day!!The rising heat kept them going.Had no more since.

bat man

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
You can buy a spray thet can be sprayed from 5 feet away,best thing is contact the council,be carefull as wasps are angry little blighters when disturbed,if they are not a danger to anyone I would leave them alone.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 12:39:05 PM »
Yep// have treated wasp nests with the powder before.  This was in a bat box high up on the side of the house and I was considering finding a man with a big ladder to treat it for me however died b4 i could!

sad wasp i saw yesterday might have been treated however it was a bit too uniform to be powder I think.

Have googled but cant find anything!  :(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »
his is actually from a couple of months ago so its not the colder weather.. had a wasps nest in a bat  box on the side of my house... it was actually visible outslde of the box and very active!  Then all of a sudden the wasps started to disappear and within a week or so it was completely dead// just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

found a wasp today which was not well at all.. seemed to be covered in something on both its head and abdomen!  is there any fungus's that can kill nests and if so can they effect bees? 

If it was a white powder is it likely that a neighbour has treated it? You can buy a white powder in a sort of squirty plastic bottle which is very effective if you need to get rid of a nest.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »
I'm sure Ive read somewhere that if you have a nest, then unless its bothering people, then leave it  , as they leave the nest after a certain amount of time , and dissapear into the sunset, never to return to the nest  again  :)

I'm not bonkers, I'm sure Ive read it somewhere !!   ;D

Lisa Oldham

what kills wasp nests?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 12:57:48 AM »
his is actually from a couple of months ago so its not the colder weather.. had a wasps nest in a bat  box on the side of my house... it was actually visible outslde of the box and very active!  Then all of a sudden the wasps started to disappear and within a week or so it was completely dead// just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

found a wasp today which was not well at all.. seemed to be covered in something on both its head and abdomen!  is there any fungus's that can kill nests and if so can they effect bees?