Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: All the Food Standards Agency ratings for Marple establishments  (Read 7312 times)

gazwhite

Re: All the Food Standards Agency ratings for Marple establishments
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »
I'd expect that a lot of people outside the trade don't understand the marking criteria.  Wasn't obvious to me where it is on the website.

I'd also imagine that if people applied the same rules to their own kitchen they'd be suprised at their own low score.

:-)

amazon

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
I was certainly shocked at the results when I put in the local fast food places in Marple that we use and having checked the link to Food Standards ratings, it is an eye opener to say the least.

We have used a couple of takeaways for a number of years in Marple, who i would say we have never had an issue with, but looking at the rating they have, and yes some have been mentioned previously the Chinese near the Co-Op, this is a quite astonishing!

I never knew this information was so readily available on the internet!

A lot of these places or not inspected its up to establishment to fill a form in .ezample .compstall cricket club have a up to date kitchen .we don't prepare food it's all brought to the premises .every thing is clean etc and yet we only have a three star raiting we have not bean inspected for at least four years but we do have to fill form in every year .the last time they came to inspect I asked  will you be coming next year the answer was I don't think so we are being made redundent it's up to the individual to do by form we do fill form in every year .

O that could be your answer .i dare say someone will come on hear and tell me I'm wrong if so stand corrected .

harry gingernut

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 12:40:43 AM »
I was certainly shocked at the results when I put in the local fast food places in Marple that we use and having checked the link to Food Standards ratings, it is an eye opener to say the least.

We have used a couple of takeaways for a number of years in Marple, who i would say we have never had an issue with, but looking at the rating they have, and yes some have been mentioned previously the Chinese near the Co-Op, this is a quite astonishing!

I never knew this information was so readily available on the internet!

Duke Fame

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
I was told yesterday that my favourite Libbys in Marple Bridge has only one star rating from the food standards agency.I couldn't believe it, so I have checked scores on the door and it is there for all to see. :'(

Why did you expect anything else it's exactly what I would have expect.

What makes you say that Wheels?

designhouse

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
utter rubbish ...they need to finish the cafe ...

Howard

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
I was told yesterday that my favourite Libbys in Marple Bridge has only one star rating from the food standards agency.I couldn't believe it, so I have checked scores on the door and it is there for all to see. :'(

Libbys were penalised for, among other things, having unfinished wood in the kitchen and not having a specific schedule for cleaning. They claim they are addressing all the issues in the report and have been reassessed very recently.

thebigshed

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Points are removed for just incomplete paperwork even if the hygiene and food are perfect.  But that would be a lot of incomplete paperwork.

Rachael

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
it would stop me going, it doesnt matter if its packed or not, its not even got a mid range food hygiene rating, its right at the bottom, eating out is expensive, there would be no way I would spend my money that Ive worked hard for in a restraunt that cant even get the basics right with food hygiene, and I cant understand why anyone else would either knowingly .

Miss C

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
Why is it exactly what you expect Wheels? Libby's is a great place with great food. I was really surprised it scored such a low rating. Obviously there must be a reason but we've always been very impressed whenever we've visited. The low rating hasn't stopped me visiting and judging by how packed it was today, yet again, hasn't stopped anyone else either.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »

Why did you expect anything else it's exactly what I would have expect.

designhouse

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »

Not as good as we all thought .....

sooty2

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »

Susan

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 07:40:58 AM »
cpt bh smith, can i ask where u were looking for care homes because i say two in marple had 5 stars. (Brabyns and the Dale)

tina

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »
very interesting site, I thought the only place you could see the ratings was on the scores on the doors website. I myself work in the food industry and got the 5 star rating.
It is not just food standards what is inspected its the whole kitchen/establishment. so if you have a dirty floor or dusty window ledges etc you do get a lower score.
Paper work is also a huge factor. who I work for are very strict and we follow very strict guidelines to ensure our kitchens are spot on at all times because you don't get a warning when you are going to be inspected.

Smithy166

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
Very interseting indeed, The golden flower near the co-op got a 0!
I am also disturbed to learn that most of the local care homes have scored either 1 (major improvement necessary) or 2 (improvement necessary)