Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Face book untruths and exagerations  (Read 8116 times)

Henry_

Re: Face book untruths and exagerations
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 10:41:21 PM »
I think it only fair that the Yes people on Face book and on this forum too ,correct posts on Facebook that you know are untrue.How could Gaz Ashworth be intimidated  by the old people or words to that effect on the stall? Face book users comments not mine.MIA don't sell TescoNo tee shirts.That narrow minded person who called people in rented housing is a new member.His comments will not be tolerated i'm sure from everybody they offend.The poster in someones garden was a mistake. People on the stall said this,people on the stall said that or I said this to them or I said that to them,99% of this is untrue! I could go on but that site is absolutely full of untruths and some of the two site users know that don't you? ::)

By the way, it was me who stated on facebook that the MIA campaign have been selling TescNo T shirts. If I was wrong then I indeed apologise. People I know went to the march and came back with said apparel. I put 2 and 2 together and made 5. Clearly I've been lurking on here for too long  ;)

Henry_

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »
HWL1973   OK Will Do  ;D

Thanks Miss Marple. I'm sure we'll get along just fine  :D

tina

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
[
Tina, I really don't understand why you think that you "don't get a chance to air your views". Just because you didn't know about this forum that Mark as runs as a service to the people of the Marple community FREE OF CHARGE, doesn't mean you can't have your say. Anyone can register here and post their views. It's been around a lot longer than Facebook (for example, I registered in 2002).

Sorry I've not been a member as long as you Howard I only joined in 2005! I have been a active member on this forum throughout! Its anoying behaviour like that what frustrates me more!

Miss Marple

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 10:27:35 PM »
HWL1973   OK Will Do  ;D

Miss Marple

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »
well said.................................

Thank you !

heather

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
well said.................................

Howard

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »
I'm just getting frustrated that the 'yes' people don't get a chance to air their views like all you 'no' people have. I thought I was 1 of only a few who actually wants another supermarket in Marple, especially when you hear the youtube video of the protest and read the newspaper reports that Marple say NO, actually not ALL of Marple are saying no. I'm not only 1 of a few there are quite a lot more who do.

Tina, I really don't understand why you think that you "don't get a chance to air your views". Just because you didn't know about this forum that Mark as runs as a service to the people of the Marple community FREE OF CHARGE, doesn't mean you can't have your say. Anyone can register here and post their views. It's been around a lot longer than Facebook (for example, I registered in 2002).

It just happened that people who discovered what the college was planning started to organise their campaign on this forum, not Facebook. They discovered what the college is intending to do with with land that was gifted to the people of Marple for educational uses and that they are doing this because of the college's financial difficulties (which seem to be mostly self-inflicted). This very well organised group of people used the tools available to them to get the community motivated and involved. So far almost everyone I know has been against a new supermarket on Hibbert Lane. Not against a supermarket, but against one on Hibbert Lane.

I grew up in Marple and have lived here most of my life and in all that time, I have NEVER seen the community get involved so quickly and so vociferously against an idea. Debate is always good and I look forward to hearing some of your arguments. My impression is that your "yes" campaign is outnumbered by a large number. But that's why we live in a democracy, everyone can have their say.

Henry_

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »
Maybe we know information because we have been into meetings, spoken to planners, had sight of FOI , had sight of leaked emails, had leaked correspondence etc ect ect.  I am getting tired of repeating  myself so without sounding rude I would suggest that anyone doubting what's been said brings themselves up to speed with all the information on this site.  Then if you require an explanation or require further background information just post and your question will be answered.   Because unlike what has been posted about me on the Yes Face Book page I do have a life  ::) and a very demanding and time consuming job as well as family commitments etc etc so I am beginning to tire of constantly reiterating information which is well documented on this site.  
For people to lead a YES campaign they must have all the facts about , noise, traffic, increased crime rate, loss of swimming pool, size of the development, loss of independent shops, parking issues, light pollution   Because  if the supermarket goes ahead and problems arise you will be answerable to a lot of people including myself if it causes me unforeseen problems that I have not been warned about, so word to the
wise Look at all the facts, research other areas around where supermarket giants have moved in so when people come knocking to ask what you are going to do to rectify the problems you have all the answers.  MIA are not a bunch of middle class oldies, nor are they all shop owners and looking on the Yes face book page I know most you and more so your parents , well correction the ones who live in and around Marple so you can be sure they know me.   ;)

Miss Marple, I have read this entire thread from end to end and have been lurking on here for some time. Nowhere have I seen any evidence to back up these "facts" with is not anecdotal, circumstantial, or both. You unquestioningly draw a lot from the Tescopoly campaign, and expect us all to share its leftist slant on retail. Those in favour of a supermarket on Hibbert Lane are not all kids. Indeed, there were plenty of sensible "MIA Sceptics" on this thread with well thought out arguments before the Yes campaign reared its head. You absolutely need to drop your condescending tone.

Miss Marple

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »
Tina you must mis understand me because I think that it's fantastic that we live in a democracy and that people have the right to choose.  I have always said to people who want a supermarket that they must form their own group so I have no issue with that whatsoever.  If nothing else I am truthful so beleve me that what I post is the truth without twists.  It's just hard to pass over some information due to circumstances but I do try to keep all informed about developments and always have done and you will know possibly more than most that I have taken some stick for it.  But hey sticks and stones and all that but  seriously I continue to pass on information so everyone has the right to form an opinion, be it Yes or No.
Sunglasses I don't wear them, because of my glasses ? Have you got the right person ?

tina

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »
well said Tina, we all probably know who each other is so lets not hide behind profiles,  and put our proper names on if we have an opinion and are not afraid to nail our colours to the masts  by the way  Tina i knew your mum too she was a fantastic lady

Thank you Heather x

tina

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
looking on the Yes face book page I know most you and more so your parents , well correction the ones who live in and around Marple so you can be sure they know me.   ;)

Does it matter if you know these people? Just a question. You said you know me but you don't. I have seen you and can  say I have never had a conversation with you. If you knew my mother then good for you, doesn't make me want to join your campaign
 I don't want you to join the campaign that must be  your choice, what I ment was people know who I am and it bears no relevance to what is said about MIA and I am not old enough to know your mother, you cheeky monkey  ;D

Lol ... I've had my rant and counted to 10! and a cheeky monkey? huh really? I've seen you yes and you are old enough to ok known my mother  Sun glasses really don't hide your age ;)
I'm just getting frustrated that the 'yes' people don't get a chance to air their views like all you 'no' people have. I thought I was 1 of only a few who actually wants another supermarket in Marple, especially when you hear the youtube video of the protest and read the newspaper reports that Marple say NO, actually not ALL of Marple are saying no. I'm not only 1 of a few there are quite a lot more who do.
I have very good friends who are no supporters and I still hope they are, just because I have a different opinion does not mean I don't respect them as a person. I also don't know alot of you but don't think any less of you for it either. Miss M you have very strong views and I understand your side of the argument (when you are not twisting the tale a bit) But we all should be able to air our views without it being personal to each other. Today has been a very strange day, I have taken some posts to heart and felt that people was being unfair to some new members who have a valid point to make. They have a right to their say without all the insults and disrespectful behaviour.

heather

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
well said Tina, we all probably know who each other is so lets not hide behind profiles,  and put our proper names on if we have an opinion and are not afraid to nail our colours to the masts  by the way  Tina i knew your mum too she was a fantastic lady

Miss Marple

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
looking on the Yes face book page I know most you and more so your parents , well correction the ones who live in and around Marple so you can be sure they know me.   ;)

Does it matter if you know these people? Just a question. You said you know me but you don't. I have seen you and can  say I have never had a conversation with you. If you knew my mother then good for you, doesn't make me want to join your campaign
 I don't want you to join the campaign that must be  your choice, what I ment was people know who I am and it bears no relevance to what is said about MIA and I am not old enough to know your mother, you cheeky monkey  ;D

tina

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »

tina

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:01:34 PM »
I don't want to get into tit for tat on here, but have you read the NO facebook page? all of those points have been mentioned on there...
Quote:

The Sufferers:
- Local Residents (e.g De-valued property, Noise & Light Polution, Loss of Privacy)
- The education system as it loses yet another building.
- Local business' that lose their trade due to lower prices.
- The general community as there is a proposed new 'traffic flow system' to deal with increased in-bound and out-bound traffic to Marple, including a huge roundabout by the Swimming Pool & Lesiure Centre.
(Traffic conjestion is bad enough already.)

- The community as a whole. Marple is based on it's traditional values and local business' and building a huge and unsightly 'Megastore' in the outskirts of the town centre is beyond a joke.

TESCO HAS GONE ONE STEP TOO FAR THIS TIME & NOW IT IS TIME TO ACT.

Please 'Like' this page now and share with as many people as you can.

We support Marple in Action.

End of Quote

People are reacting to misinformation. If the facts were true then the rumours will stop and people will stop speculating as to what will happen to Hibbert Lane. Everybody on this forum and on facebook are all guilty of this