Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: YES to a Supermarket on Hibbert Lane  (Read 96773 times)

Dave

Re: YES to a Supermarket on Hibbert Lane
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »
Lots of people come to  shop in Marple as we still have a thriving town centre.

Do they? Really? From where? 

heather

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2011, 07:54:28 PM »
the thorntons chocolates are 5 pounds in the middle of marple as well its a special promotion

SkyGuy

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
Inappropriate post overwritten. Subsequent posts quoting this one removed. Admin.

Miss Marple

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
A great turnout for the 'yes' campaign today for the photo opportunity  ;) when they said meet near the phonebox i didn't realise if you took the trolleys away you could probably have all got in the phonebox lol.
You are joking !   I avoided Hibbert Lane this morning on my way to visit family because I thought there maybe a large crowd there blocking the road, so you are saying that I put another half hour travelling time on my journey for nothing, or are you joking ?  ;)
NOT joking , about ten adults the rest children ....
Oh now I am not a Happy Bunny !  :-[

sooty2

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2011, 04:35:09 PM »

why buy one card in Marple for £3/£4 when you can buy 10 for £1 in Card Factory.

Notice that the Coop have started selling a large box of Thorntons chocolates at a reduced price of £5, surely this is taking trade away from the little Thorntons shop in the precinct.
              OK But .They no to a supermarket keep telling us to shop lo call .All the thousands that have signed against it .coming wont yo use it dont think .
???? don't understand what you are trying to say Amazon?MIA are not telling people to shop local,thats up to the individual,but it is a fact that most small towns lose what shops  they have as they can't compete with the big boys.Lots of people come to  shop in Marple as we still have a thriving town centre.They, sadly have lost theirs.As for Thorntons chocolates being sold cheaply, they are not of the same quality as the originals from a Thorntons shop.Thorntons supply lots of supermarkets with the inferior ones to capture a wider market.But I think it has cheapened the brand name.But Thorntons will be selling a lot more chocolates!

amazon

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »

why buy one card in Marple for £3/£4 when you can buy 10 for £1 in Card Factory.

Notice that the Coop have started selling a large box of Thorntons chocolates at a reduced price of £5, surely this is taking trade away from the little Thorntons shop in the precinct.
              OK But .They no to a supermarket keep telling us to shop lo call .All the thousands that have signed against it .coming wont yo use it dont think .

amazon

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »
              Noticed today that the card shop next to the coop travel is now empty .[ cant blame that on the supermarket can you . ]

I think you will find that it is the rent. Guess who is the landlord ... that thoroughly "ethical" supermarket called the Co-op.
Time for a serious supermarket to come to Marple and remove that monopoly.

Even Fine and Country (Estate agents on the corner of Hollins Lane and Stockport Road) now appear to have had their building repossessed. I expect some on this forum will find some way of blaming that on the prospect of a new supermarket when really it is Marple Inaction's opposition to any development that is killing this town.

Now in Marple Bridge very small shop .

Bulky

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2011, 01:47:59 PM »
NOT joking , about ten adults the rest children ....

Miss Marple

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
You are joking !   I avoided Hibbert Lane this morning on my way to visit family because I thought there maybe a large crowd there blocking the road, so you are saying that I put another half hour travelling time on my journey for nothing, or are you joking ?  ;)

Bulky

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
A great turnout for the 'yes' campaign today for the photo opportunity  ;) when they said meet near the phonebox i didn't realise if you took the trolleys away you could probably have all got in the phonebox lol.

Taurus

« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »

Notice that the Co-op have started selling a large box of Thorntons chocolates at a reduced price of £5, surely this is taking trade away from the little Thorntons shop in the precinct.

hollins

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2011, 08:56:14 AM »
              Noticed today that the card shop next to the coop travel is now empty .[ cant blame that on the supermarket can you . ]

I think you will find that it is the rent. Guess who is the landlord ... that thoroughly "ethical" supermarket called the Co-op.
Time for a serious supermarket to come to Marple and remove that monopoly.

Even Fine and Country (Estate agents on the corner of Hollins Lane and Stockport Road) now appear to have had their building repossessed. I expect some on this forum will find some way of blaming that on the prospect of a new supermarket when really it is Marple Inaction's opposition to any development that is killing this town.

amazon

« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
No but the cards were very expensive so maybe that's the reason, also was she not due to retire ?
              could be . the cards at the toy shop quite reasonable .

Miss Marple

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »
No but the cards were very expensive so maybe that's the reason, also was she not due to retire ?

sooty2

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
Well I would seriously consider as to renewing my lease with the threat of a supermarket looming!They tend to be long term.If a supermarket was to open it would take away passing trade on the co-op site.I know of a house sale on Hibbert Lane that has already fallen through due to the proposed supermarket and a cancelled viewing of another!This will affect a lot of people financially :'(