Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Marple in action  (Read 2546 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Marple in action
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:13:06 PM »
What an historic and enjoyable day, firstly to be part of such a huge and powerful demonstration of community spirit from the people of Marple and surrounding areas. I also met the famous character "Miss Marple" in person, it has topped my expectations completely, must say the profile picture does not do you justice! Well done to the core of organisers and all people who have taken part, let's hope they take notice  :o
Hey Mr Myers what's she like ?  I would like to meet my alter ego !  ;)

sooty2

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
It's on You Tube "No to Tesco in Marple" You have to take into account that some people don't know about it,A lot of elderly couldn't  physically attend,Marple has a high percentage of children and some people just don't care about not having many local shops and a nice town centre.There was around a thousand people at the march and the Memorial park.

marplefan

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
So what exactly was the turnout? Please bear in mind, that even if 500 of us were present it would still mean, that it was 1 out of 50 inhabitants of Marple. We will still need more numbers. And how much money was collected?
I could not watch BBC or Granada yesterday evening, is it possible to watch it somewhere?

Marplenewbie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there for the march in person but am so pleased to hear about the wonderful turnout.

sooty2

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Yes David it was a fantastic day,Thanks to everyone who gathered to show their depth of feeling against a proposed supermarket.I must admit I was rather worried when out of the corner of my eye I spotted your Tesco T Shirts,until I saw the NO.Great people, Great march and a great day :)

David myers

Marple in action
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
What an historic and enjoyable day, firstly to be part of such a huge and powerful demonstration of community spirit from the people of Marple and surrounding areas. I also met the famous character "Miss Marple" in person, it has topped my expectations completely, must say the profile picture does not do you justice! Well done to the core of organisers and all people who have taken part, let's hope they take notice  :o