To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August  (Read 26231 times)

David myers

Re: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »
Thanks for your support Mr Myers.     Did I ever mention that I think you are the best tree surgeon in the area  ;). Ps I will be the one waving the White flag  :D
Nice one Miss M, I really am excited of the thought that you may be stood close to me during the march and that im non the wiser of who you are!!!! :P

Rachael

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 10:54:56 PM »
A protest at this moment in time is not appropriate ( in my opinion )  and would be in bad taste  .... I actually think a protest for your cause is a good thing .... but not how things go at the mo , apparently there was trouble in stockport tonight ( but dont take that as gospel )

Miss Marple

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32:37 PM »
Thanks for your support Mr Myers.     Did I ever mention that I think you are the best tree surgeon in the area  ;). Ps I will be the one waving the White flag  :D

David myers

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 09:25:59 PM »
MARPLE IN ACTION HAVE ORGANISED A PROTEST MARCH ON SAT 20th August at 2pm starting in MARPLE precinct and then on into the Memorial Park.  

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PEOPLE OF MARPLE AND ALL SURROUNDING AREAS THAT WILL SUFFER AS A RESULT OF A SUPERMARKET BEING BUILT ON HIBBERT LANE, GET TOGETHER AND SHOW CAMSFC THAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING AND THAT WE ARE ALL UNITED AGAINST THE LOSS OF OUR COMMUNITY,SHOPS AND OUR VILLAGE TYPE WAY OF LIFE.  

SAY NO BY JOINING US TO PROTEST  AGAINST THE SALE OF CAMSFC LAND TO A MAJOR SUPERMARKET

20th AUGUST 2pm.    PLEASE COME ALONG WE NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT
Rest assured I will be there and have recruited some of the Bridgers, my vehicles are displaying posters as well as my trailers and other machines (power to the people)!!

Just a thought, would it not be better if the march went from Memorial park, through the centre of marple and ended at the Hibbert Lane site. This would have more impact and also be a good press opportunity for photos at the site with all concerned residents

amazon

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »
Ok,
What happend in london was over someones death, and was carried out by various gangs of youths.
It will NOT HAPPEN IN MARPLE! Please, don't keep bringing up the suggestion that a small protest march over a supermarket is going to cause riots! thats like saying the LHC is going to make a black hole...

Have you not seen the news today? it has spread across the country. Its not about a shooting in London anymore, its about what people can get away with by looting and setting fire to peoples homes and businesses. If you have a open page on facebook, with details of a protest how do you know opportunists will not join you with the intention to cause trouble? IF it was to happen then we wouldn't have any local shops. I know it might seem like scarmongering but this is happening right now in our country, in Manchester/Salford.
                  someone talks sense .

amazon

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
Dear Members,

Please find attached a letter from Andrew Stunell MP and a petition relating to his campaign 'Get the College to Think Again'.

As he points out, so far there has been no planning application and no sale of land.

Mr Stunell has written to the College Principal and Governing Corporation (the college board of governors) asking them to think again before it is too late.

If you would like to do the same this is how to do it:

How to write to the College Principal and the Board of Governors.
We do not have private addresses for the Governors so write to each c/o the college marking the envelopes "Private and Confidential":
CHEADLE & MARPLE SIXTH FORM COLLEGE
Marple Campus
Hibbert Lane
Marple
Stockport SK6 7PA

Current Governors
(as published on the CAMSFC web site)
Lawrie Grant Chair
Trevor Jones Deputy Chair
Christina Cassidy Principal
Adrian Clare Governor
Ian Doughty Parent
Stephen Downs (Resigned in protest at College's plans)
Sandra Dunn Staff
Anand Dutta Governor
Mike Gledhill Governor
Margaret McLay Governor
Phil Masey Student
Karen Moore Governor
Ian Powell Staff
Richard Young Governor

tina

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »
Ok,
What happend in london was over someones death, and was carried out by various gangs of youths.
It will NOT HAPPEN IN MARPLE! Please, don't keep bringing up the suggestion that a small protest march over a supermarket is going to cause riots! thats like saying the LHC is going to make a black hole...

Have you not seen the news today? it has spread across the country. Its not about a shooting in London anymore, its about what people can get away with by looting and setting fire to peoples homes and businesses. If you have a open page on facebook, with details of a protest how do you know opportunists will not join you with the intention to cause trouble? IF it was to happen then we wouldn't have any local shops. I know it might seem like scarmongering but this is happening right now in our country, in Manchester/Salford.

Smithy166

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »
Ok,

amazon

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
please be very carefull about marching and protesting .what with the idiots in London it wont take very long for some one to hijack this protest . why dont you wait to see what is going to happen. at the ridge . first

I would like to point out that what happend in London was a very very rare occurrence. I for one offer my condolences to the families of all involved. What happend in London will not happen here.

We will be working with the police who are involved and are aware of the event. The last meeting in the park was peaceful why should this be any different.
         There was no trouble in london then .AND IT WAS DONE ON THE SPUR OF THE MOMENT .

amazon

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
please be very carefull about marching and protesting .what with the idiots in London it wont take very long for some one to hijack this protest . why dont you wait to see what is going to happen. at the ridge . first

I would like to point out that what happend in London was a very very rare occurrence. I for one offer my condolences to the families of all involved. What happend in London will not happen here.
            Can you guarantee that .

Miss Marple

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
I will ask the people involved in the planning of the route to take this into account.  I do hope you will be joining us and that you will alert as many people to this as possible,  thanks for the suggestion I will pass it on

David myers

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
MARPLE IN ACTION HAVE ORGANISED A PROTEST MARCH ON SAT 20th August at 2pm starting in MARPLE precinct and then on into the Memorial Park.  

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE PEOPLE OF MARPLE AND ALL SURROUNDING AREAS THAT WILL SUFFER AS A RESULT OF A SUPERMARKET BEING BUILT ON HIBBERT LANE, GET TOGETHER AND SHOW CAMSFC THAT THIS IS NOT HAPPENING AND THAT WE ARE ALL UNITED AGAINST THE LOSS OF OUR COMMUNITY,SHOPS AND OUR VILLAGE TYPE WAY OF LIFE.  

SAY NO BY JOINING US TO PROTEST  AGAINST THE SALE OF CAMSFC LAND TO A MAJOR SUPERMARKET

20th AUGUST 2pm.    PLEASE COME ALONG WE NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT

Just a thought, would it not be better if the march went from Memorial park, through the centre of marple and ended at the Hibbert Lane site. This would have more impact and also be a good press opportunity for photos at the site with all concerned residents

tina

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »

watching the news tonight also made me think about your protest......  It started off as a straight forward protest until people from other areas decided to join in and caused devastation to Tottenham...
Now I know Marple people do not behave that way, but this forum is being monitored from all over at the moment and some might see it as a excuse to behave as discusting as those down south.

Miss Marple

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »

We will be working with the police who are involved and are aware of the event. The last meeting in the park was peaceful why should this be any different.

Smithy166

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »