Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August  (Read 26233 times)

amazon

Re: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
Yes the police have given permission !  We are all ready to go !  I just need to find a sensible pair of shoes and have my roots done, failing that it's all systems go  ;D   Can we count on your support Amazon  ???

Allready suported you . cricket must come first .

Bring them along ? dificult when your playing . may try send some juniors but a lot still on holliday

Miss Marple

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
Yes the police have given permission !  We are all ready to go !  I just need to find a sensible pair of shoes and have my roots done, failing that it's all systems go  ;D   Can we count on your support Amazon  ???

Bring them along ?

amazon

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
Yes the police have given permission !  We are all ready to go !  I just need to find a sensible pair of shoes and have my roots done, failing that it's all systems go  ;D   Can we count on your support Amazon  ???

Northernstar

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
I have spoken to many people who have not as yet had leaflets and they are all interested in coming, many off my estate are dead set against it, because of the increase in traffic, not only on Stockport road, but our small estate roads, that are currently used as a cut through.
I will definately be attending and bringing the kids.

moonforest

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
I think we can expect an excellent turn out, I've spoken to quite a few people while posting leaflets and many of them intend to march on Saturday!

Freddy

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
Great that this protest is being organised but there are a lot of Marple residents on holiday this month...hopefully we will get a good turnout.

Miss Marple

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
also.. if you march across or on roads.. or there are too many people expected to walk on the pavement.. then you have to inform the police and ask their permission to march... crossing from memorial park means we WILL need police permission... Just through the precinct and to the college you might get away with!

also.. though I guess you ve thought of this already.. you ll need stewards.. legally, but actually.. having been there... you just do!!
. Hi Lisa thanks for that but we have around 20 stewards, high vis jackets and the  police are aware all we need now is the community to join us
do smbc have to be informed and dont you have to give them notice .

Sorry for the double post, just realised that i didn't actually answer the question  ::)
According to this site : http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A4288999 you don't have to inform the concil, but you are legally obliged to inform the police, and make sure that they give you permission. So providing the police have OKed it then we should be good to go :)

And have the police given you permission .

As the event is being advertised i'm guessing they have, however, as i'm not part of the event management team I can't say for certain.

amazon

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »
also.. if you march across or on roads.. or there are too many people expected to walk on the pavement.. then you have to inform the police and ask their permission to march... crossing from memorial park means we WILL need police permission... Just through the precinct and to the college you might get away with!

also.. though I guess you ve thought of this already.. you ll need stewards.. legally, but actually.. having been there... you just do!!
. Hi Lisa thanks for that but we have around 20 stewards, high vis jackets and the  police are aware all we need now is the community to join us

Sorry for the double post, just realised that i didn't actually answer the question  ::)
According to this site : http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A4288999 you don't have to inform the concil, but you are legally obliged to inform the police, and make sure that they give you permission. So providing the police have OKed it then we should be good to go :)

And have the police given you permission .

Smithy166

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 04:16:06 PM »

. Hi Lisa thanks for that but we have around 20 stewards, high vis jackets and the  police are aware all we need now is the community to join us

As MM has already stated, the police have been informed, which means that they will be present.
On the topic of stewards i would recommend having a contingency of around 10/15, incase numbers of people participating are larger than expected, ideally you want to maintain a ratio of either 1 steward for every 5 "civies" or, for situations were you have a huge number of people you can lax that to 1 steward for every 10 "civies" (civie = civilian taking part in the march) also make sure that the stewards have a clear chain of command, and as many of them as possible have a radio or other form of communication device. It may also be worth having a designated first aider, maybe 2, just to be on the safe side :)
One last point : make sure that you have a centeral command post, it makes for easier CMD&COM than having your commanders scattered all over the place. And it might be worth having a few checklists made for various incidents that might occur, so your not going crazy trynig to think what to do :)

Apologises if it looks like i'm trying to be bosy, i'm not trying to be   8)

amazon

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »

Miss Marple

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
sadly i  agree with pink panther... AND now as a result of the riots we will lose very well deserved publicity :(