Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August  (Read 26227 times)

Osdog

Re: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
Well I was there, with the camera....... lots of pics to view...... well done Marple, what a great turn out.....

http://www.oaktreephotography.co.uk/commercial/marpleinaction  First batch being uploaded even as I type.... I'll make them all available to the Marple Website, and anyone else who wants one, just drop me a line.

Miss Marple

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
ONLY THREE HOURS TO GO !!!!!

COME ON MARPLE !  BY THE LEFT QUICK MARCH  :D

2pm in the PRECINCT   BRING ANY MUSIC INSTRUMENT YOU CAN AS WE ARE A BIT SHORT ON MUSIC (LESS SAID ABOUT THAT THE BETTER  :-\

Let's do this for MARPLE and show our determination to fight this all the way  :-*

Miss Marple

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
LOTS  :-*

amazon

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
WE HAVE HAD A LOT OF INTEREST FROM MANCHESTER AND SURROUNDING AREAS AND THE ACTION LINE HAS HAD CALLS FROM IRELAND IN SUPPORT OF OUR CAUSE AND THEY ARE FOLLOWING WITH INTEREST WHATS HAPPENING TO OUR VILLAGE/TOWN. THIS IS BECAUSE MARPLE IS KNOWN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY DUE TO NAB TOP, THE CHILDRENS ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITAL AND SEVERAL HOLIDAY HOMES  THAT WERE IN THE AREA FOR MOTHERS AND FAMILIES WHICH GAVE LOW OR NO INCOME FAMILIES A HOLIDAY IN THE COUNTRY.   WE ARE ALSO KNOWN  FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL WALKS AND BEING PART OF THE CHESHIRE RING NOT TO MENTION KING CHARLES 1st (but less said about that the better ;) )

WELL JUST TWO DAYS TO GO !!!!

SO COME ON LET'S DO IT FOR MARPLE !  20th AUGUST 2pm IN THE PRECINCT

so after your march tomorrow what are you going to do then when is the dissuasion made about this land 

maxxy1234

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »
Why and who is recommending Tesco's in to our towns and Communities, every corner or Town you pass there is a Tesco's.

I am not a Tesco shopper never have been, and I feel sorry for all the people who use them, "Yes I have heard all the rights and wrongs about having one of these place's, but did you not move in to these small pretty communities for a reason!!  To support your small business, speak with the people in your community, let your children enjoy open space, respect and love your community..

Also these so called celebrities who advertise for them, why? MONEY.

I rest my case its a CANCER TESCO'S XX

Miss Marple

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
 WE HAVE HAD A LOT OF INTEREST FROM MANCHESTER AND SURROUNDING AREAS AND THE ACTION LINE HAS HAD CALLS FROM IRELAND IN SUPPORT OF OUR CAUSE AND THEY ARE FOLLOWING WITH INTEREST WHATS HAPPENING TO OUR VILLAGE/TOWN. THIS IS BECAUSE MARPLE IS KNOWN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY DUE TO NAB TOP, THE CHILDRENS ORTHOPEDIC HOSPITAL AND SEVERAL HOLIDAY HOMES  THAT WERE IN THE AREA FOR MOTHERS AND FAMILIES WHICH GAVE LOW OR NO INCOME FAMILIES A HOLIDAY IN THE COUNTRY.   WE ARE ALSO KNOWN  FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL WALKS AND BEING PART OF THE CHESHIRE RING NOT TO MENTION KING CHARLES 1st (but less said about that the better ;) )

WELL JUST TWO DAYS TO GO !!!!

SO COME ON LET'S DO IT FOR MARPLE !  20th AUGUST 2pm IN THE PRECINCT

marpleexile

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »
How does anybody know the size of the proposed supermarket?

No plans have been put forward have they?

Do you actually mean the size of the CAMSFC site? Not the same think at all. Could this just be more scaremongering and spreading FUD?

There's a potential risk to overstating how large any supermarket may be. Whilst the site is physically big enough to build something the size of the Portwood Tesco, I think it's highly unlikely the actual proposals will be anywhere near that large. I suspect, that the proposed supermarket would end up being of a similar size to the Glossop tesco. If you think about it, Glossop is larger than Marple, and has a bigger catchment area as the nearest supermarkets are stalybridge or hyde, both 5 miles away, where as there's plenty of competition only 2 or 3 miles away in bredbury and hazel grove. So building something bigger than Glossop in Marple doesn't appear to make sense.

The problem with focusing on the potential size of any supermarket is, if everyone thinks there's going to be something the size of Portwood built, there's a danger that there will be a sense of relief when it turns out that it's only going to be the size of Glossop, and that will soften public opinion.

Harry

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
Here's some more information about the March for Marple:

Public to join hands around the marked out perimeter on the field to show the approx. size of the proposed supermarket (another photo)

How does anybody know the size of the proposed supermarket?

No plans have been put forward have they?

Do you actually mean the size of the CAMSFC site? Not the same think at all. Could this just be more scaremongering and spreading FUD?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
Here's some more information about the March for Marple:

Meet on Market Street 2pm
Proceed onto Church Lane
Hibbert Lane (short stop for photo)
Proceed onto Carver Road
Edwards Way
Cross Lane
Stockport Road
Into Memorial Park and proceed to the Boules Court.
Public to join hands around the marked out perimeter on the field to show the approx. size of the proposed supermarket (another photo)
Address by David Hoyle, Chairman of Marple in Action

Those who don’t want to walk, can go straight to the Memorial Park and wait for the procession to arrive (hopefully 2.30pm) and join in with the hand holding

The Information Stall will be open as usual on Market Street from 10am – 4pm with the petition
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
Me and my neighbours got 5 of your leaflets in each our doors this morning! Thanks, save the trees and all that

Hi Tina
I know where you live so I will speak to the person delivering and find out what happened Sorry about that if you don't  need them will you pass them on to someone else.  Many Thanks MM

amazon

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
Yes the police have given permission !  We are all ready to go !  I just need to find a sensible pair of shoes and have my roots done, failing that it's all systems go  ;D   Can we count on your support Amazon  ???

Allready suported you . cricket must come first .

Bring them along ? dificult when your playing . may try send some juniors but a lot still on holliday

We could have a game of cricket whilst we marching down the road! think of that, the worlds first walking cricket match going through the middle of marple!

GOOD REPLY THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING .

sooty2

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »
NOT LONG NOW TO OUR MARCH FOR MARPLE !
As you maybe aware before my post was removed we are a little short on music to march to or even stroll to. :o.   So  if you can play an instrument trumpet sax or even paper and a comb bring it along and let's raise the roof.  

PLEASE PLEASE COME AND SHOW ALL THAT NEED TO KNOW  THAT WE DO NOT WANT OR NEED A SUPERMARKET ON HIBBERT LANE

That would be great if we had a carnival atmosphere!Have no fear Trix is here.

tina

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »
Me and my neighbours got 5 of your leaflets in each our doors this morning! Thanks, save the trees and all that

Miss Marple

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »
NOT LONG NOW TO OUR MARCH FOR MARPLE !
As you maybe aware before my post was removed we are a little short on music to march to or even stroll to. :o.   So  if you can play an instrument trumpet sax or even paper and a comb bring it along and let's raise the roof. 

PLEASE PLEASE COME AND SHOW ALL THAT NEED TO KNOW  THAT WE DO NOT WANT OR NEED A SUPERMARKET ON HIBBERT LANE

Smithy166

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:21 PM »
Yes the police have given permission !  We are all ready to go !  I just need to find a sensible pair of shoes and have my roots done, failing that it's all systems go  ;D   Can we count on your support Amazon  ???

Allready suported you . cricket must come first .

Bring them along ? dificult when your playing . may try send some juniors but a lot still on holliday

We could have a game of cricket whilst we marching down the road! think of that, the worlds first walking cricket match going through the middle of marple!