Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August  (Read 26011 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Marple in Action PROTEST MARCH Saturday 20th August
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2011, 05:46:34 PM »
Here's a new video from Saturday:
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Miss Marple

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2011, 10:08:37 PM »
We were informed that it was Cllr Candler but he was at the March today.  I intend to ask him if he did say this and to explain his rational for doing so.

sooty2

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
Thanks for the youtube film Kitty, Great work! and thanks to all the people who took some excellent photos,capturing the true spirit of the protesters. Fantastic day ;D

sgk

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
Just posting a video on you tube, of the Rally Today, Under "No to Tesco's in Marple Rally", should be on shortly, Great Turn out, Good Work xx

Nice one, .

kitty

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2011, 06:20:28 PM »
Just posting a video on you tube, of the Rally Today, Under "No to Tesco's in Marple Rally", should be on shortly, Great Turn out, Good Work xx

Howard

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »
Just had a couple of phone calls from people who had gone to one of  the regular Sat Morning council surgeries in the library.   They say that they were advised that it was best  not to attend the protest March by the councillor holding this mornings surgery as there maybe trouble.  PR like that from one of our elected members is not acceptable. 

Do you know who it was? Surely if they had heard there was going to be trouble then it would have been their duty to report it to the police.

Miss Marple

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2011, 05:44:16 PM »
Just had a couple of phone calls from people who had gone to one of  the regular Sat Morning council surgeries in the library.   They say that they were advised that it was best  not to attend the protest March by the councillor holding this mornings surgery as there maybe trouble.  PR like that from one of our elected members is not acceptable. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
Just made the BBC News a few minutes ago, will we be able to get the clip on-line I wonder?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 05:11:33 PM »
Another pic, trailling down Stockport Road, thanks to @lordroberts68.

I did Tweet another picture but it didn't come out so well. However, the Stockport Road picture was retweeted by @Stockport_info and by @Stockport_FOE (Friends of the Earth) so reached a fair few people across Stockport too.

Mr Marple

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
I've been told that our march had no less than 900 people to a huge potential 1000!

So the passionate people of Marple have shown themselves, and quite rightfully too, and will not be easily pushed over.

So far so good, keep it up people.

Howard

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
Absolutely brilliant turnout....any ideas on numbers?

I would have to guess 600+ were there. It was really quite something to see. Congratulations to all who participated but especially the organisers.

Osdog

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
All photos from today now uploaded.....

http://www.oaktreephotography.co.uk/commercial/marpleinaction

Buy a pic or a download, and we'll donate the money to Marple in Action...... if images are needed for website, or other use to promote this cause, drop me a line, and I'll get stuff out to you ASAP.

Di

Miss Marple

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
Well I hope today will give a clear message to the College that the people of MARPLE and surrounding areas say NO ! to a supermarket development on HIBBERT Lane .  What a fantastic turnout saying that we only had two weeks to plan it and it's right in the middle of the holiday season.   This is the first of many that are being planned the next ones will be organised for a week day .   

TEAM MARPLE !    WHAT A TEAM !!!!   :-*

moonforest

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 04:50:37 PM »
Absolutely brilliant turnout....any ideas on numbers?

WELL DONE MARPLE!

sgk

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
Another pic, trailling down Stockport Road, thanks to @lordroberts68.