To advertise on this site

Author Topic: One person wanted for each road and street  (Read 3992 times)

Lisa Oldham

Re: One person wanted for each road and street
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
Actually Alan.. re appeals.. you're wrong .. I'll argue it next time i see you :D

Miss Marple

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
Whats the problem?There's going to be plenty of jobs, free parking.

You are on a hiding to nothing

If planning permission is not granted they will appeal and the appeal will be granted because the legal costs would be an even greater burden on the council tax payer.

Just my opinion
Thanks for that Alan you have just made my day !
Hey I thought you had moved to Romiley?  So can you be the informer on Compstall Rd  :-*

alan@marple

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Whats the problem?There's going to be plenty of jobs, free parking.

You are on a hiding to nothing

If planning permission is not granted they will appeal and the appeal will be granted because the legal costs would be an even greater burden on the council tax payer.

Just my opinion

Miss Marple

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
Thank you Victor

Can you alert as many people as possible to the Protest March and tell them PLEASE that we really will be judged on how many people turn out and protest about this ridiculous proposal.  Once again thank you MM

Victor Meldrew

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:00:08 PM »
MIA is looking for one or two people in each street, road or ave to contact our Action Line or leave a personal message, to volunteer to be the person we contact to give up to date information on planned meetings, rallies, lobbying  and protest marches   We have already got nominated people on our data base but we are being contacted now from places like High Lane , MARPLE Bridge, Lower fold, Compstall, the Ridge, Offerton Torkington Rd and now because of the latest news about Buxton Lane  all around that area.  So we desperately need one our two named people in those areas to volunteer just to spread the word of the events which will be happening.   We are also looking for someone to nominate themselves to speak to or visit some of our elderly residents who have contacted concerned about the development.  A couple of care agencies have said that they will ask if a client who can not get out to sign a petition or doesn't have use of the Internet wants to sign and have agreed to take a paper petition out on visits.
It's all coming together now , but it needs everyone to become involved

I'll do lower Hibbert Lane, if you want!

Miss Marple

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »
Hi we have had a great response but still need, Compstall, Windlehurst lane, Andrew lane , Cross Lane, Dale Road and Strines Rd for starters more to follow  Thanks for the speedy response !

Miss Marple

One person wanted for each road and street
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
MIA is looking for one or two people in each street, road or ave to contact our Action Line or leave a personal message, to volunteer to be the person we contact to give up to date information on planned meetings, rallies, lobbying  and protest marches   We have already got nominated people on our data base but we are being contacted now from places like High Lane , MARPLE Bridge, Lower fold, Compstall, the Ridge, Offerton Torkington Rd and now because of the latest news about Buxton Lane  all around that area.  So we desperately need one our two named people in those areas to volunteer just to spread the word of the events which will be happening.   We are also looking for someone to nominate themselves to speak to or visit some of our elderly residents who have contacted concerned about the development.  A couple of care agencies have said that they will ask if a client who can not get out to sign a petition or doesn't have use of the Internet wants to sign and have agreed to take a paper petition out on visits.
It's all coming together now , but it needs everyone to become involved