Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: maniac driver!  (Read 4359 times)

Osdog

maniac driver!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 05:25:54 PM »
Lisa

I am inclined to think the mother did nothing at all - if she was so concerned about her daughter, she would have said so at the time.  They are probably two of a kind.

sorry.................

maniac driver!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 01:48:25 PM »
Woodville Drive and the connecting roads have recently seen quite a few idiots travelling at speeds which are literally frightening.

I have seen (and noted registration details) of several cars and am going to pass on the details to the Police.

I can only suggest you all do the same.

Deniseamb

maniac driver!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 11:02:39 AM »
Hmm not sure that that makes the mother's attitude okay.  She is not setting a very good example to her child is she.

Lisa Oldham

maniac driver!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 04:51:22 PM »
the Mum might have had a go at you but I expect she did  something about it as soon as she shut the door

maniac driver!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 12:05:07 AM »
Whilst driving down Cross Lane towards Woodville Drive tonight at 7.30pm I was overtaken by a white car doing at least 60mph, after me he overtook 3 other cars in front of me. I half expected to see a police car in my rear view mirror, my first thought was that he was being chased. My thoughts then changed to joy driver...it had to be!!!
I got onto Woodville Drive, I was still in a state of panic, 'what about my 9 year old Nephew who regularly plays outside his house with the many friends he has in the area and then reassuring myself I realised he would be inside the house but what about his pals?

As I got closer to my Sisters house in the corner of my eye I saw the white car in one of the cul-d-sacs.
I was horrified to see a teenage girl walk away from the car and into her home. She waived goodbye to a male driver.

I have a daughter of my own, I have had the pain of seeing my child on a ventillator caused by nothing of her own or anybody elses doing. I was compelled to knock on her door. I wanted her mother to know the risk her daughter was taking, I wanted her to be safe.

I was polite to the Woman, I apologised for bothering her and explained what I had witnessed.

She told me her daughter had not left the house, that no car had been near the house. She also told me to mind my own business and it had nothing to do with me!

Well I just told her that if my daughter was being driven around like that I would appreciate knowing about it and left.

Hours later I am still disturbed by this event, yes I am sensitive (as most adults are) to the thought of any child being hurt. With that lunatic driving around that estate it their is an accident waiting to happen.

If I do come across this fella again I will most definately take his plate number and report him.

Does anyone know if there is a plan for speedbumps on Woodville?

Thanksxx-