Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Marple in Action Needs your Help!  (Read 8740 times)

bat man

Re: Marple in Action Needs your Help!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »
Thank you for the replies re reviving parts of Marple,now lets have a look at the area and get some action going,lets put pressure on the council and the local buisiness community,I am sure the empty shops could be put to good use,let the pheonix rise from the ashes... ;)

Cripes

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »
That would be quite ridiculous if it were true. So much effort going into something that is still undecided, I agree, much better to improving what is here already.... of course that wouldn't cause of much cause for aggro would it  ::)

amazon

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »
Is it true that MIA are planning to have a hearse driven through the town on saturday15th october to symbolise the death of the town,why not put more effort into bringing back to life the parts of the town that look like they died years ago. :-\

I Hope Not This could cause distress to people that have recently lost there loved ones .allso agree

with you on revieving marple .

bat man

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
Is it true that MIA are planning to have a hearse driven through the town on saturday15th october to symbolise the death of the town,why not put more effort into bringing back to life the parts of the town that look like they died years ago. :-\

Cripes

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
Cripes,
I have just sent you a private message, if you let me have your address I'll get the poster removed.

Thanks, I'll respond, I am just at a loss to understand how it got there?

Victor M

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:54:40 AM »
Cripes,
I have just sent you a private message, if you let me have your address I'll get the poster removed.

Sareena

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
That is shocking!

Cripes

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Marple in Action now has a large number of stakes, boards and posters and we need permission to place them in peoples' gardens. We particularly need access to gardens along the main routes into Marple and approaching the college. So would people living on the following roads please get in touch with Rick Hardisty via richard.hardisty(at)btinternet.com and provide your name, address and telephone number:

Hibbert Lane, Windlehurst Road, Strines Road, Stockport Road, Station Road and Arkwright Road.

We seem to have acquired a board in our garden this morning, complete with cable ties to secure it...and we have not been approached for permission to put it there. Whilst we support the campaign, we would like the option as to whether or not we want the signage in our garden. Who is responsible for depositing the boards?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
HD Video Editing
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
Is there anyone with the facility to edit HD Video free of charge? We have extensive video shot yesterday on an HD video recorder but need someone to edit it into a news item type clip for uploading to youtube and sharing with everyone.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:58:57 AM »
Marple in Action now has a large number of stakes, boards and posters and we need permission to place them in peoples' gardens. We particularly need access to gardens along the main routes into Marple and approaching the college. So would people living on the following roads please get in touch with Rick Hardisty via richard.hardisty(at)btinternet.com and provide your name, address and telephone number:

Hibbert Lane, Windlehurst Road, Strines Road, Stockport Road, Station Road and Arkwright Road.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »
Marple in Action need some more volunteers to act as Marshalls for the March on Saturday 20th August. Could volunteers please email their name and contact details to Rick Hardisty at richard.hardisty(at)btinternet.com.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Marple in Action Needs your Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
Marple in Action needs help from volunteers for a couple hours between 10 am and 4 pm on Saturdays on the following dates: 5, 13, 20 and 27 August 2011.

Firstly it is planned to have an ‘information stall’ on Market St, each Saturday in August from 10am – 4pm to make as many people as possible aware of the supermarket sale issues and to collect signatures on the paper version of the petition.

If this were done in 2-hour slots, 6 people would be needed to cover a full Saturday assuming 2 people together. Volunteers would need to be aware of the issues surrounding the sale of Hibbert Lane Campus so they can talk to residents and ask them to sign the petition against a supermarket.

In addition to this, MIA would like to conduct a shopper survey questionnaire on each of the main car parks, Chadwick St, Derby Way, Co-op car park plus 2 more along Stockport Road, at least two Saturdays in August (ideally 4 Saturdays, but this may be asking too much!) 10am – 4pm, in 2 hour slots = 24 volunteers each Saturday! That may be too ambitious so if we can’t find that many volunteers, we'd simply do as much as possible.

Volunteers to conduct interviews need to be confident to approach shoppers and ask them a series of questions about their shopping habits. Please note that it is vital the Interviewers do NOT express any opinions about the sale of Hibbert Lane Campus or the proposed supermarket opening. For this research to be considered valid we must demonstrate that no bias has been shown. Interviewers are required to ask the questions and note down the answers, and not express any opinions.

If you can offer your help for a couple of hours on either of these tasks please email dffj@hotmail.co.uk with your name and telephone number and someone will call you back.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website