Marple Bridge Town Street Fryer - Genuine Fish & Chips!

Author Topic: Virgin media  (Read 1984 times)

danny

Re: Virgin media
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
              What speed internet do you get .

For comparison, in Marple Bridge am on their "Large" deal, getting 9784Kbps download, 935Kbps upload, according to http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

were on the medium deal, which should be 5mb/s. However I get a max of 1.1mb/s download, and I Dread to think what the upload is...
Whats that coming over the hill? Is it a monster?
Kinda... its a monster with a towel on its head!

Mr Marple

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
I've heard some shockers about BT over the last few years and, in my experience, there are times when you need to either reset the modem/router, turn it off or totally unplug it.

TBH I've never heard many horror stories about Virgin so it couldn't hurt to make in depth enquiries.

Hope that helps.

Tina

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
I've been with Virgin Media for over 12 years, never had any problems. I pay about £60 per month for L.TV XL. broadband and telephone XL  Just added sky sports back on for the football season so an extra £22.50. 

JMC

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
My internet has been freezing alot lately. We pay about just under £60 a month for broadband, XL TV package. We also get cheap mobile deals with them. Overall have been happy but the call centre can be a shocker!!

CTCREP

• Cycle Stockport
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Another thing to add to the mix. I use Virgin and if connected by ethernet I get virtually 10 Mb, but if using a wireless connection it varies with distance and gets down 0.5 Mb in one part of the house.