Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Virgin media  (Read 9243 times)

CTCREP

Re: Virgin media
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Another thing to add to the mix. I use Virgin and if connected by ethernet I get virtually 10 Mb, but if using a wireless connection it varies with distance and gets down 0.5 Mb in one part of the house.

JMC

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
My internet has been freezing alot lately. We pay about just under £60 a month for broadband, XL TV package. We also get cheap mobile deals with them. Overall have been happy but the call centre can be a shocker!!

tina

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
I've been with Virgin Media for over 12 years, never had any problems. I pay about £60 per month for L.TV XL. broadband and telephone XL  Just added sky sports back on for the football season so an extra £22.50. 

Mr Marple

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
I've heard some shockers about BT over the last few years and, in my experience, there are times when you need to either reset the modem/router, turn it off or totally unplug it.

TBH I've never heard many horror stories about Virgin so it couldn't hurt to make in depth enquiries.

Hope that helps.

Smithy166

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
              What speed internet do you get .

For comparison, in Marple Bridge am on their "Large" deal, getting 9784Kbps download, 935Kbps upload, according to http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

were on the medium deal, which should be 5mb/s. However I get a max of 1.1mb/s download, and I Dread to think what the upload is...

Rachael

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
If it is not too much a personal question to the members on here,  would someone mind telling me what sort of price they   pay for virgin ,  Im looking at having the TV, Internet,  and 2 mobile phones .  Asking around, people I  know are paying all sorts of different prices  ... so advice on how to wangle the best deal would also be appreciated too.

If you're not with Virgin already it is worth looking at Utility Warehouse for everything, including gas and electric, mobiles, phone, broadband and more. Follow this link for local rep whose mum lives on your street! www.welcomefriends.co.uk I've just switched utilities to them.

I think I can get a credit for recommending you too, although I'm not too bothered about that  :D

Thanks Mark, my parents ( in law ) have the utility warehouse sorting stuff for them ... they are on the fence about them, but a friend of mine, couldnt get out of their contract quick enough with them  ... so that leaves me on the fence  too I guess . ...

sgk

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 10:33:20 PM »

For comparison, in Marple Bridge am on their "Large" deal, getting 9784Kbps download, 935Kbps upload, according to http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »

10Mb
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »
I pay £21.50 per month for broadband only but also because I'm an existing customer I also get mobile phone (free Blackberry) for £10.21 per month. I got rid of the house phone and tv a couple of years ago and use Freeview for tv and Vonage for phone (£6.99 per month all calls free). Vonage plugs into your BB connection and uses t'Internet.

amazon

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
Seems like its my router (again).
I'll get in touch with virgin and see if they can get someone to fix my router that dates back from the times of NTL.
Thanks for the replys.
                Dont let them give you the new super router .you will have more problems if they do .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »
If it is not too much a personal question to the members on here,  would someone mind telling me what sort of price they   pay for virgin ,  Im looking at having the TV, Internet,  and 2 mobile phones .  Asking around, people I  know are paying all sorts of different prices  ... so advice on how to wangle the best deal would also be appreciated too.

If you're not with Virgin already it is worth looking at Utility Warehouse for everything, including gas and electric, mobiles, phone, broadband and more. Follow this link for local rep whose mum lives on your street! www.welcomefriends.co.uk I've just switched utilities to them.

I think I can get a credit for recommending you too, although I'm not too bothered about that  :D
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Smithy166

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:23 PM »
We pay £30~ a month for broadband, TV and a housephone.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
I pay £21.50 per month for broadband only but also because I'm an existing customer I also get mobile phone (free Blackberry) for £10.21 per month. I got rid of the house phone and tv a couple of years ago and use Freeview for tv and Vonage for phone (£6.99 per month all calls free). Vonage plugs into your BB connection and uses t'Internet.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »

Smithy166

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »
Seems like its my router (again).
I'll get in touch with virgin and see if they can get someone to fix my router that dates back from the times of NTL.
Thanks for the replys.