Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Linked Events

• Rose Hill Tip Reopens: January 18, 2011

Author Topic: Development at Rose Hill Tip  (Read 30623 times)

David myers

Re: Development at Rose Hill Tip
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
I spoke to someone yesterday who tried to carry an old door into the tip but was stopped by staff for being a pedestrian. What was he supposed to do, seeing as he only lives a 2 min walk away?  ???

I live near the tip and regularly take DIY rubbish as a pedestrian and haven't yet been refused entry. If I do, I'm pretty certain I won't be bringing my rubbish back home agin!   
 How can that be imaterial if there are three or so more hgv's on the road burning Diesel ???? :(

That is crazy and bad for the environment. It did occur to me that I now make a weekly trip to the tip because there is only a 1 in 3 collection of normal waste. By driving to the tip, we must be causing more polution than the original collection service.
I could not agree more, if recycling is so good and has less of an impact, then why are there 4 seperate vehicles collecting our waste.  This must have more of a negative impact on our fragile planet!!  As an example of how bad recycling is I have a valid and local case that proves its floored, Junction 25 waste has hundreds of recycled and sorted bales of waste that are having to be sent abroad for inceneration as we do not have are own' power plants ready to recieve, how can this be a good move to reducing our carbon footprint???? As ever I think the saying goes 'the world has gone mad'!! :-*

I also take rubbish to the tip regularly on a wheelbarrow with no problems.

Am maybe playing devils advocate here, or possibly showing my sad lack of maths, but the volume of rubbish is the same so the number of vehicles collecting is immaterial. I said my maths is useless and await someone to correct me!!

chicken lady

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
I spoke to someone yesterday who tried to carry an old door into the tip but was stopped by staff for being a pedestrian. What was he supposed to do, seeing as he only lives a 2 min walk away?  ???

I live near the tip and regularly take DIY rubbish as a pedestrian and haven't yet been refused entry. If I do, I'm pretty certain I won't be bringing my rubbish back home agin!   

That is crazy and bad for the environment. It did occur to me that I now make a weekly trip to the tip because there is only a 1 in 3 collection of normal waste. By driving to the tip, we must be causing more polution than the original collection service.
I could not agree more, if recycling is so good and has less of an impact, then why are there 4 seperate vehicles collecting our waste.  This must have more of a negative impact on our fragile planet!!  As an example of how bad recycling is I have a valid and local case that proves its floored, Junction 25 waste has hundreds of recycled and sorted bales of waste that are having to be sent abroad for inceneration as we do not have are own' power plants ready to recieve, how can this be a good move to reducing our carbon footprint???? As ever I think the saying goes 'the world has gone mad'!! :-*

I also take rubbish to the tip regularly on a wheelbarrow with no problems.

Am maybe playing devils advocate here, or possibly showing my sad lack of maths, but the volume of rubbish is the same so the number of vehicles collecting is immaterial. I said my maths is useless and await someone to correct me!!

David myers

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »

jimblob

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »
I live near the tip and regularly take DIY rubbish as a pedestrian and haven't yet been refused entry. If I do, I'm pretty certain I won't be bringing my rubbish back home agin!  ;)

Duke Fame

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 08:09:28 AM »

marpudlian

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 12:07:51 AM »

heather

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
went to the tip for the first time last weekend its quite impressive( if you can call a tip that)

marpudlian

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:52 PM »
Used Rose Hill tip for the first time this week. I only used the recycling part at the front on the tip, but it is a shame that pedestrians can't dispose of larger items.  >:(

Rachael

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »
Pink Panther, If you interpreted my post as patronising then I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be being patronising at all.. 

Thank you for your apology  Tricky .... I forgive you .... ( but only just  ;D     )

jimblob

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »
Anyone enoticed that the floodlights seem to stay on all night at the tip....? Not very environmentally friendly!  ??? or are they generating their own power by incinerating the waste?

amazon

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 08:14:49 PM »
Pink Panther - I haven't actually been up the Rose Hill ramp and used the facilities yet! However, I have used the Bredbury facility a couple of times and I can report I had the length to complete the task to my satisfaction  ;)

Mmmm .lucky you .

Rachael

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »
 :o

marveld

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 01:33:21 AM »
Pink Panther - I haven't actually been up the Rose Hill ramp and used the facilities yet! However, I have used the Bredbury facility a couple of times and I can report I had the length to complete the task to my satisfaction  ;)

Rachael

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »
The big question to you both though is .........

Do you have likkle arms ????? :P

marveld

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
I concur Chicken Lady, I asked the same question yesterday. I'm not knowledgeable on the Health & Safety and Company Liability issues surrounding the site, but I was informed that the waste management company would not accept liability for accidents involving pedestrians using the ramp.