To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Refurbished Computers  (Read 2122 times)

Smithy166

Re: Refurbished Computers
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:50:04 PM »
Personnaly i would steer well clear of buying a referbished (or second hand) machine.
I bought one from pc world a couple of months back, and within 5 days it developed a fault, sent it back. they said they fixed it, but it was still broke, so in the end i gave up and bought one from BHS direct of all places. The only fault i've had so far was a dodgy hard disk, but there common faults, and BHS repaired it lighting fast, they even cleaned it!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 06:49:01 AM »
To balance up my comments a little, Arthur Procter has phoned to say that he has used refurbished Apple equipment very often for many years with no problems at all. So just don't buy it from PC World!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
Only negative I'm afraid. I agreed with my sister-in-law, that a refurbished laptop from PC World would be good value for her because she was on a tight budget and it had warranty so what could go wrong. She had nothing but trouble with it and eventually gave up trying to get PC World to fix it and purchase a replacement. I'd like to think that Dell and Apple may perform better than PC World did but after this indirect experience I'd never buy refurbished kit myself.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Basementlife

Refurbished Computers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »
Any experience out there in Marpleland and beyond, of buying refurbished computers ?
e.g. Dell....http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet
or Apple...http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

As some people change their laptops(toys) quicker than their sheets, fairly new 'model' machines are available and do come with warranty.

Are they  worth the 'risk' ?
 New machines can go wrong too !