A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Urban gypsy  (Read 3222 times)

Cripes

Re: Urban gypsy
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 12:22:39 PM »
Actually, scrap that last post. I passed this morning and their opening hours are 7am-3.30pm..

Cripes

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
Of course, the other thing they could do in their favour, is stay open past 5 o'clock.

Howard

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
It's in the worst location possible. It has no parking and no passing trade. Unless they have some other source of income, e.g. outside catering, I give it three months.

If there is a shop in that location it has to be a destination (e.g. the Tattoo parlour) or have a strong online presence. I think a cafe just won't cut it in that location.

marveld

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
The Cherry Tree cafe is about to open at the former Urban Gypsy location. Here we go again! However, I am going to make an effort - I will sit down at a table and order something tasty. I wish them well, but suspect it's doomed (location. location. location). It's against my nature ... I have never been in a Marple cafe for at least 5 years! Don't get me wrong, I shop in Marple and love chips and curry from Derby Way!

JMC

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »
I agree, it is very sad to see such shops close but in many cases there isn't really a market for such things in small towns anymore and i agree about the location too-too much busy traffic to sit out etc.etc.. Same with the mattress shop and some others of late. I wonder how much research they actually do before opening. It is a shame the Heartstrings shop is closing, does anyone know why? I like that shop.

marveld

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »
A new shop has just opened at the former Urban Gypsy premises. It seems to be selling bric-a-brac. I will repeat the obvious; it's a poor location! I wish everyone starting up in Marple the best of luck, but I'll wager a tenner this shop will close within 6 months.

marveld

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
I spoke to the builder today who was working on the upstairs flat and he thought it had closed too. Sad, but rather predictable. Awful location for a shop of this type. Whilst I genuinely feel sorry for those concerned, someone really didn't do their homework.

Marple Business Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
We understand that it has closed.

Miss Marple

Urban gypsy
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 05:31:07 PM »
Does anyone know if the shop has closed or are they on holiday.