Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Brabyns Park  (Read 6580 times)

Bartlett

Re: Brabyns Park
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 10:09:56 AM »
They use to hold this on the field and at the Marple and Cheadle College.  Caused major problems as we live next to the field and the noise was awful.

marple_syrup

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:20 PM »
I echo the comments too... Seems a proportion of the people entering their dogs in the show have a dislike for the local mutts -whenever it's on and I walk mine there he gets grief from the people there, shooing him and flapping at him even though he's doing nothing wrong or disruptive and the shows aren't on at the time.

I walked in a 50 yard berth from them last time, one collie barked continuously at my dog (who retained his own dignity) and the owner shouted for me to take mine away!  Needless to say I pointed out the error of his ways.  On that basis it's not just a matter of prejudice or locals wanting to restrict the use of the park for others.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Thanks Chicken Lady :)

Actually Henrietta I fully support our parks being used in this way. If you look at my comments relating to last years do in Memorial park and in fact many of my comments on this board you will see I'm very much NOT not in my back yard!!

However events MUST be helpful in some way to the community,  it must "give back" in some way, financially or otherwise, and it MUST leave the park in the way it found it. Most of all it must NOT cause harassment or irritation or abuse to the regular users of the park.

I haven't personally been abused by either owner or dog.. though I have on occasion tempted fate :D  If any of them did they wouldn't be doing it again in a hurry! However I know several who have, including some very gentle older people, and one more now!!

I understand ( though I haven't dug myself) that the council charge a nominal amount to the clubs... they then charge more/night ( but less than a camp site) to the dog owners.    the council provide toileting... there are no facilities for emptying toilets, waste products etc).. The park keepers work VERY hard the week after to clean the mess up.  The huge caravans that turn up not only often ignore the speed limits on the road but are also too heavy for the new road and it is disintegrating rapidly now.  The fields if its rained are totally churned up.  On top of that I see no reason why people should be allowed to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday and Tuesday for a dog show that is only on Saturday and Sunday.
And generally speaking Dog poo on the path increases!! 

Seems Stockport council is being taken for a ride firstly... secondly us lot.. who get no benefit what so ever!!

chicken lady

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
Will be a bit more than each month over summer.  Was every 2 weeks for a set period last year if I remember rightly.  Arrive on Thursday, fence off your area, have a little cheap holiday for a dog show on sat and sun then home again on Tuesday.. and abuse a few resident dog walkers whilst they're at it..  nice life! Glad it wasn't wet last weekend as its usually turned into a mud bath afterwards if it has been.  Wish Brabyns park users and marple generally got some benefit from it!

(and yes I know I'm generalising and they're not all bad.. but I avoid like the plague when they're there now) 
Here we go again - Not In My Back Yard!

I think the "not in my back yard" comment is a bit unfair. Like Lisa, I have had to stop walking my dog at Brabyns when these shows are on, due to both the dog and me being harrassed and verbally abused by campers.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
Will be a bit more than each month over summer.  Was every 2 weeks for a set period last year if I remember rightly.  Arrive on Thursday, fence off your area, have a little cheap holiday for a dog show on sat and sun then home again on Tuesday.. and abuse a few resident dog walkers whilst they're at it..  nice life! Glad it wasn't wet last weekend as its usually turned into a mud bath afterwards if it has been.  Wish Brabyns park users and marple generally got some benefit from it!

(and yes I know I'm generalising and they're not all bad.. but I avoid like the plague when they're there now) 
Here we go again - Not In My Back Yard!

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »

Deniseam

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »
Aah well there you go - never knew about that!

nbt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »
There's usually a caravan rally each month related to a dog owners club. I think the schedule is printed on the notice board near the main car park
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

Deniseam

Brabyns Park
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
Anyone know what was happening in Brabyns park today?  Lots of caravans and camper vans on the grass near the path that cuts across the park.