Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 702028 times)

wheels

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1643 on: June 30, 2012, 11:38:36 AM »
Strong stuff but I tend to agree, there is this continual attempt to whip up worries and concerns and to totally misunderstand the process implying that that what they or others are doing can have some impact on the decision at this point.

A planning application may be submitted, currently not even that has happened, then representations can be made. We already know that a planning application on this site would not meet planning guidelines and would be declined. We then move to appeal This a a long process and efforts by MiA to imply that anything they are doing affects this is just nonesense.

There appears to me to be many CAVE dwellers in Marple Communities Against Virtually Everything.

amazon

« Reply #1642 on: June 30, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
Have you seen the price of fish !  ;)

It's cheaper In  asda and morrisons thats why people shop out of Marple .

simonesaffron

« Reply #1641 on: June 30, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
We now see as Dave points out only in different words, that Marple Inaction have established themselvesl as an unelected, uninformed,unrepresentative, scaremongering, blackguarding, truthbending "organisation", that has no influence whatsoever on any supermarket development in Marple be it  Asda or anybody else.

It is obvious that all who do have influence take absolutely no notice of them whatsoever.

I was at an  Area Committee some months ago when some of their members were there and were having their say, which it has to be said they were entitled to. The look of absolute tedium that came across the face of the local Councillors when they were speaking was completely apparent for all to see. Councillors weren't even listening to them and I have to say they had the same effect on me as they had on the Councillors.

Their comments on this site over the last twelve months and the arrogant,  patronising, disdainful, vulgar way that they have presentd themselves makes you want to vote for the Asda  even if you don't want one just to spite MarpleInaction.

In my view they have done more to bring Asda to town than deter it. With "enemies" like MarpleInaction Asda don't need any friends.     

Miss Marple

« Reply #1640 on: June 30, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »
Have you seen the price of fish !  ;)

Dave

« Reply #1639 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
Oh dear.  We've had misleading information from MIA in the past, but until now it has tended to come from individuals on this forum, or talking to passers-by at the MIA tent in Market Street, and not from official MIA statements.   But this is obviously a deliberate attempt by MIA to conceal information, and it can only backfire on them, I'm afraid.    
Oh dear Dave! It seems you are the one with a red face ;D. The SMBC statement has changed again.

Well, on Thursday the MIA statement as quoted by Harry was this:

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site.

These consultation events are being run by the college and Asda, prior to the submission of a planning application. Should a planning application be made, there will be further opportunities to have your say.

Now it is this: 

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new build facility which includes a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site. It is understood that the proposed supermarket will occupy a site smaller than the current college buildings.

These consultation events are being run by the college and Asda, prior to the submission of a planning application. Should a planning application be made, there will be further opportunities to have your say.

...which is now the same as the Council's:   http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138

I wonder why it changed? 

alstan

« Reply #1638 on: June 30, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »

It's nice to know, Miss Marple, that you have been appointed to speak on behalf of the real world. I had assumed that, like the rest of us, you spoke only on behalf of yourself.
Hopefully, by the end of today we will know whether our elected representatives at local and national level are supportive of CAMSFC's desire to retain a facility for further education in Marple or whether they prefer our young people to look further afield.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1637 on: June 30, 2012, 12:16:40 AM »
Well said Victor M !    In the real world it's called ducking and diving !

alstan

« Reply #1636 on: June 29, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »
At last, an informative document from the college and the immediate prospect of more, genuine, information. Let us hope this matter can now move forward without all the twaddle, "information" from "the man at the butchers", hysterical nonsense, ignorance and abuse with which the debate has been polluted over the past 18 months.

If the college had decided to consult the public when these plans were 1st drawn up then we could have been able to have an informed debate, only now has the college produced a glossy brochure that only contains info on the Buxton lane site, nothing about Hibbert Lane. They still haven't publicised the event at Buxton Lane next week, and how many residents are going to receive the glossy brochure?

We would all still be in the dark if it hadn't been for MIA and this excellent web site.

Here we go again. This isn't a glossy brochure. It is a 2 page leaflet. These plans have, presumably, just been prepared and they are now going to public consultation so now, for the first time, there can be an informed debate. The event in Buxton Lane is publicised as it is mentioned in the release. The leaflet is issued by the college and inevitably deals only with their proposals for Buxton Lane. Any proposals for the Hibbert Lane site are a matter for the potential developers. Every resident who had the sense to register their interest will have received the leaflet by now. and no, we wouldn't have still been in the dark since those who registered their interest had the information before it appeared on this forum

sooty2

« Reply #1635 on: June 29, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »
Asda on the college site,Waitrose on the sorting office site,consultation to follow.......... :-\

A booths would be nice in marple
Flipping Heck Amazon,Booths and Asda are like chalk and cheese. Worth it for the creamy Lancashire though. But not sited in the middle of a residential area.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1634 on: June 29, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
No ! No ! Mrs O  :o. I disagree the building looks nice !........... On paper !  Hang on a min ! It reminds me of something .   Yes got it now !  Its The Rose Hill Super School, now how good did that look on paper ?  :-\

Your way behind the times .
Listen my loveable 'Friend of the Earth'  behind the times !  So what's behind the times of
Trying to stop even more traffic pollution
Trying to Prevent light and noise pollution
Trying To reduce traffic congestion
Trying to minimise air pollution
Trying to save teachers and support staffs jobs
The list is endless ,but I'm still at work
So I  suggest you go and shovel a bit of slack and brasso your ornaments until I'm home ! 
You cheeky young whipper snapper  :-\

Marplemum

« Reply #1633 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:05 PM »
Asda on the college site,Waitrose on the sorting office site,consultation to follow.......... :-\

I hope so!

amazon

« Reply #1632 on: June 29, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
No ! No ! Mrs O  :o. I disagree the building looks nice !........... On paper !  Hang on a min ! It reminds me of something .   Yes got it now !  Its The Rose Hill Super School, now how good did that look on paper ?  :-\

Your way behind the times .

amazon

« Reply #1631 on: June 29, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

A booths would be nice in marple

sooty2

« Reply #1630 on: June 29, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »
The current Hibbert Lane site has approximately 180 parking spaces. The current Buxton Lane site has approximately 100, so that's 280 total.

The new site plan shows approximately 150 spaces.

What impact is the loss of in the region of 130 spaces (a reduction of around 46%) likely to have on parking for college users and local residents?

I doubt that many 6th form students can afford to run cars, so most of the parking will be for staff members. Remember that there will be a huge reduction in staff before the start of the new academic year. Problem solved.
It's the bank of Mum and Dad that pays for the cars. You can see many over stuffed cars going to the colleges. If the promise of no loss of curriculum is true, why would there be a huge reduction of staff?

bat man

« Reply #1629 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »