Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701912 times)

Lily

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1613 on: June 29, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
Thanks, HWL.  Looks like I will have to wait patiently until next weekend. 

Henry_

« Reply #1612 on: June 29, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
Just wondering HWL1973 and Tina - where have you managed to view the newsletter and plans relating to the sale of the college and the new build at Buxton Lane?

I thought we had to wait until next weekend for the 'consultation events'.

Yes, there's a 5MB PDF file which has been sent out to people who'd registered an interest, looks like paper copies will go to local residents. Just college plans on there, nothing for Asda yet.

alstan

« Reply #1611 on: June 29, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
At last, an informative document from the college and the immediate prospect of more, genuine, information. Let us hope this matter can now move forward without all the twaddle, "information" from "the man at the butchers", hysterical nonsense, ignorance and abuse with which the debate has been polluted over the past 18 months.

Lily

« Reply #1610 on: June 29, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
Just wondering HWL1973 and Tina - where have you managed to view the newsletter and plans relating to the sale of the college and the new build at Buxton Lane?

I thought we had to wait until next weekend for the 'consultation events'.

Henry_

« Reply #1609 on: June 29, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
Yes, nothing higher than the current 4 stories. Looks very good

tina

« Reply #1608 on: June 29, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
At long last we can go and see for ourselves the plans and find out the correct information regarding the sale of the college and the new build at Buxton Lane. Having viewed the news letter and the plans I am very excited about it. I think it looks great :) Doesn't look like they have gone higher as previously misinformed on here.

Henry_

« Reply #1607 on: June 29, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
The statement from SMBC has not changed at all. Only the location of the exhibition has changed.

29 June 2012 - Consultation Details Changed (taken from SMBC web site):

The statement on the SMBC web site has changed since changed we copied and pasted it here on 27 June.
The new statement is detailed below and note the venue is now Buxton Lane:

Consultation Events – Friday 6 July 2012 10am – 6pm and Saturday 7 July 10am – 5pm,
Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College, Buxton Lane Campus off Hibbert Lane.

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new build facility which includes a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Asda will present their plans for a neighbourhood supermarket on the Hibbert Lane site. It is understood that the proposed supermarket will occupy a site smaller than the current college buildings.

These consultation events are being run by the college and Asda, prior to the submission of a planning application. Should a planning application be made, there will be further opportunities to have your say.

Use this link to confirm the details as it may change again: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138

http://www.marple-uk.com/marple-in-action/index.htm

Without version history I'll guess we'll never know.

Harry

« Reply #1606 on: June 29, 2012, 01:29:05 PM »
The statement from SMBC has not changed at all. Only the location of the exhibition has changed.

sooty2

« Reply #1605 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
Oh dear.  We've had misleading information from MIA in the past, but until now it has tended to come from individuals on this forum, or talking to passers-by at the MIA tent in Market Street, and not from official MIA statements.   But this is obviously a deliberate attempt by MIA to conceal information, and it can only backfire on them, I'm afraid.    
Oh dear Dave! It seems you are the one with a red face ;D. The SMBC statement has changed again.

sgk

« Reply #1604 on: June 29, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=138
Consultation Events – Friday 6 July 2012 10am – 6pm and Saturday 7 July 10am – 5pm
Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College, Hibbert Lane Campus.

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

SMBC/College have revised the location, it's now at the Buxton Lane Campus, as that same website now shows :-

Consultation Events – Friday 6 July 2012 10am – 6pm and Saturday 7 July 10am – 5pm
Cheadle & Marple 6th Form College, Buxton Lane Campus off Hibbert Lane.

Cheadle and Marple sixth form College and Asda have organised an exhibition for residents to find out about their plans for the Hibbert Lane and Buxton Lane sites. The College plans include a re-modelled campus on the Buxton Lane site for its students and the local community. The plans include refurbishing the Buxton buildings along with a new build facility which includes a  new 6,000sq m teaching block and new sports hall. The site will be unified through a multi-use learning ‘street’ for informal and social learning and a new 3G all weather sports pitch and upgraded changing facilities.

Maria

« Reply #1603 on: June 29, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
The comments re the statement quoted (about the consultation) by MIA also seem to be due to the fact the statement on SMBC's website changed from that originally posted, and indeed has changed again.

No mystery, no dodgy cut and paste by MIA, so there you have it.

Dave

« Reply #1602 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
The college was offered 9.5 million by a company wanting to develop a small supermarket and a housing development on the site but this was refused by the college,

As I have explained before, when disposing of any assets the the governors of the college have a legal obligation to sell to the highest bidder.

I feel sorry that the land on Hibbert Lane was not given over to The New Rose Hill to relocate to,

See above.  If SMBC had been prepared to offer the best price for the land, they could have had it. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #1601 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:16 PM »
No I didn't object to the New Rose Hill school to be honest I didn't know anything about it !   I wish to God I had have known because it's awful in my opinion, I am just so thankful that my family do not have to go there.   I feel sorry that the land on Hibbert Lane was not given over to The New Rose Hill to relocate to, how much better would that have been for young children to be, away from a main road, plenty of parking and open green fields for them to play on.   Somethings not right is it ? if you really really think  about it  Is it :-\

Miss Marple

« Reply #1600 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
The college was offered 9.5 million by a company wanting to develop a small supermarket and a housing development on the site but this was refused by the college, no I tell a lie the corporation only went looking for one of the three large supermarkets to sell the land to.  
Whatever happens CAMSFC are guilty of not wanting to get a deal which would benefit the community, such was their greed they chased the money and rode rough shod over their neighbours.
Have you seen the salary  CAMSFC are offering for a new finance director, short of money? I think they need to cut their cloth accordingly

My view is that the land should remain as education land and if CAMSFC no longer want or afford what was given to them they should give it back to another education facility that would value the site and continue to use it for our future generations

Belly

• Marple Cricket Club Website
« Reply #1599 on: June 28, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »
Where did I object to the development ?   I just want a few assurances is that too much to ask ?

Unless I post as MIA these are my own views which are of importance to me and my family who may stand to have their quality of life effected.   I am no Luddite just a realist  :-* and once it's done there's no turning back !  

Because ultimately many of your points (traffic congestion, lorries, college future, house prices, pollution (that was a good one by the way - i hope you objected to the new Rose Hill school on that basis at the time)) can be targetted at any new type of new development on the College site. Which most people seem to think probably needs to happen at some point in the future in order for the College to survive / thrive.

There is clearly a threshold at which 'over-development' would be a problem, but I don't know what that might be yet.
Words are trains for passing through what really has no name...