Marple Community Forum & Noticeboard
August 01, 2014, 10:49:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Visit the Main Site

News: Banner Adverts on this site raise £1,000 for Skatepark Project

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Marple Motor Company Ltd - brand new MOT Testing Station in Marple

Poll
Question: Do you approve, oppose or not care if a supermarket were built on the Hibbert Lane site?
I object to a supermarket being built on the site.
I approve of a supermarket being built on the site.
I don't mind what is done with it.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 126767 times)
Lisa Oldham
Global Moderator

« Reply #1515 on: March 14, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »

I really really hope that the planning committee base this decision on politics if they say yes because that would be fantastic.  sure a judical Review under those circumstances would be extremely easy to win just based on them ignoring national planning regulations and clearly openly ignoring the local plan.. would be brilliant!!

However it wont happen..
Miss Marple

« Reply #1516 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

Miss M, I presume that when you say "we", you mean MIA and considering that MIA have been three steps behind the political process so far then its quite a feat that you are now ..."really one step ahead". I'd be interested to know how, but I suppose if you told me... then you'd have to kill me.

Finetime can you explain why you feel MIA have been three steps behind  Undecided

BECAUSE IT CONCERNS ME, MINE AND OTHERS !!!!!
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1517 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »

Miss M,

I think that I've explained it before - briefly its all to do with MIA castrating the local politicians and raising the profile of the situation  with the Council Leader, so that it becomes a political issue.

If I go into it in detail, I'll bore everybody even more than I normally do then Belly and Dave will start battering me with planning laws - which I know in theory are correct and I also know that they are both intelligent, sensible guys but they don't ponder much on the political...which has a big influence. Belly has already threatened me with Big Eric Pickles and he said that he'll "call me in" - or was it out, I'm not sure and Dave said that he's going to make me understand ..."how further education works". Next I'll be the subject of one of Amazon's poetic assaults or Mrs O will leap onto me from that tree she's hiding in or maybe even Heritage will spit out yet another dummy in my direction.

I could take all that as long as Lisa doesn't start relegating my posts again because I 've just made friends with her after being on the losing end of an icy stand -off wherein she proved beyond doubt that I was completely irrelevant...why did I say that - she'll relegate this now.  So Miss M, I'd love to explain again - but I think that I'd better go down the pub....Not the Ringer.             
Victor M

« Reply #1518 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »

As far as closing courses (or relocating them to Cheadle) is concerned, it's important to understand how further education works. Colleges are funded per student enrolment. They are suffering cuts in the unit of funding which require significant belt-tightening, job losses etc. The one thing no college does, especially in such a challenging financial climate, is close viable courses, because to do so is to turn down desperately needed cash!
Dave you know as well as I do that there are certain courses that cost a lot more to put on than others, one way of maximising your revenue streams is to make sure that the courses you put on are the cheapest to run. i.e. Don't need any complex equipment, don't need laboratory technicians (science courses), can accommodate maximum number of students per teacher (mainly humanities), don't need large classrooms (like Art based courses). So the course maybe viable but not generate as much cash as something else (apprentice type course).
admin
Administrator

« Reply #1519 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »

Miss M,

I think that I've explained it before - briefly its all to do with MIA castrating the local politicians and raising the profile of the situation  with the Council Leader, so that it becomes a political issue.

If I go into it in detail, I'll bore everybody even more than I normally do then Belly and Dave will start battering me with planning laws - which I know in theory are correct and I also know that they are both intelligent, sensible guys but they don't ponder much on the political...which has a big influence. Belly has already threatened me with Big Eric Pickles and he said that he'll "call me in" - or was it out, I'm not sure and Dave said that he's going to make me understand ..."how further education works". Next I'll be the subject of one of Amazon's poetic assaults or Mrs O will leap onto me from that tree she's hiding in or maybe even Heritage will spit out yet another dummy in my direction.

I could take all that as long as Lisa doesn't start relegating my posts again because I 've just made friends with her after being on the losing end of an icy stand -off wherein she proved beyond doubt that I was completely irrelevant...why did I say that - she'll relegate this now.  So Miss M, I'd love to explain again - but I think that I'd better go down the pub....Not the Ringer.              

First of all, why do you believe that Marple Area Committee will not be able to decide a planning application for a supermarket? As I understand it three Councillors have declared their position and will therefore not be able to take part in the decision process and three haven't. Why will the three who have kept an open mind on the issue not be able to decide on their own?

I must also add that your repeated public pokes at Lisa are beginning to annoy me and if you persist in doing this then I am going to conclude that you must be an apparition and bar you. Please don't debate this with me in this thread as it will be removed. You are welcome to PM me if you wish to discuss it further.

Mark Whittaker

The Marple Website
Dave

« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »

Victor, it isn't as simple as that. The YPLA has different levels of funding for different qualifications, depending on how costly they are to deliver. If they didn't no college could ever afford to offer lab-based courses!
Duke Fame

« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »

No doubt the college (or rather, its consultants) has done the investment appraisal, and their plan to demolish and rebuild has presumably come out with a with a positive NPV.  But the college would not be permitted to borrow more than about 40% of turnover, so they will need to sell the land to raise the capital. 

Or work at improving turnover and cutting overheads. Can they pay their staff less? Can they run more attractive and premium business courses?
Dave

« Reply #1522 on: March 14, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »

Yes, but what they would earn is small beer, especially in the current financial climate.  It would certainly be nowhere near the millions they need to finance a new build. 
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1523 on: March 15, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »

As you say, the Gang of Three are are openly pre-determined and are therefore excluded from the formal process. IMHO, these three will probably speak on the night, citing their predetermination whilst ostensibly condemning ASDA and CAMSFC but really wishing to refer the matter to Central Planning Committee (CPC) as quickly as possible thus absolving them of any community responsibility whatever the future outcome. When you think about it this pre-detrmination is a shrewd political electioneering move and by this time two of them at least will be safe untill 2016.

As If this isn't enough to render the AC toothless and it is - by a mile, the fourth Councillor occupies a seat on CPC. If he speaks out (whatever his view) he will have predetermined his view at the AC for CPC and will not be allowed to sit on the CPC. My view is that he will stand down on the night of the AC so he can go to CPC. If he does this then the AC has no legitimate quoracy.

So unless the Gang of Three do a "U" turn or formally withdraw their opposition to CAMSFC/ASDA - its not impossible, then the AC is what is known in polite circles as well and truly stuffed.  

Duke Fame

« Reply #1524 on: March 15, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »

Yes, but what they would earn is small beer, especially in the current financial climate.  It would certainly be nowhere near the millions they need to finance a new build. 

In that case, there isn't a business case for it, simple as.
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1525 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »

Following on from the AC debate.

There is a question which should be asked to the Gang of Three and to my knowledge it never has been.

Its this...; WHY HAVE YOU AS EXPERIENCED POLITICIANS ALLOWED YOURSELVES TO BE PUT IN A POSITION OF PRE-DETERMINATION THUS SILENCING THE LOCAL COUNCILLORS COMMUNITY VOICE AS FAR AS THE PLANNING APPLICATION IS CONCERNED WHEN TO GIVE THIS VOICE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WERE ELECTED FOR?

One for you at the next AC Miss Marple?
finetimefontaine

« Reply #1526 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

I really really hope that the planning committee base this decision on politics if they say yes because that would be fantastic.  sure a judical Review under those circumstances would be extremely easy to win just based on them ignoring national planning regulations and clearly openly ignoring the local plan.. would be brilliant!!

However it wont happen..

All politicians decisions are based on politics. The art of the politician is to make it appear that it is based on everything else but. They are very accomplished at it.
Dave

« Reply #1527 on: March 15, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »

In that case, there isn't a business case for it, simple as.

Come on Dukey, you know as well as I do that how an organisation raises the upfront capital for a project is one thing - whether there is a good business case for it is an entirely separate matter.   
Miss Marple

« Reply #1528 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »

16 March 2012 Freedom of Information Request

Dear Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College,

Please provide a detailed list of all subjects / courses on the
Hibbert Lane Campus and Buxton Lane Campus for the periods
2006-2007
2008-2009
2010-2011
Also the subjects / courses that are currently available on both Marple
sites for this year 2012
Can you also highlight courses/subjects that have been transferred
during any of the requested periods to The Cheadle site

Yours faithfully,

Miss Marple

Now this should be interesting  Shocked But I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.  I will keep you posted !

Miss Marple

« Reply #1529 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »

FOI Course Request.xlsx
59K Download View as HTML

Please find attached a spread sheet in response to your query

I don't know have to paste the spread sheet  but you can click on to What do They Know to view it !

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 129
  Print  

Jump to:  

Tweets by @marplewebsite