Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701865 times)

Heritage

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1418 on: February 26, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
Has anyone within the 'no' community - or even the 'undecided' [the 'not bothered' would naturally be excluded!] discussed the nuances of a 'new' supermarket in Marple with counterparts/ friends/ colleagues who live in Glossop or Poynton, both of which remain vibrant despite or because of the fact that they have several large retail outlets sitting alongside smaller shops? Different towns, different local challenges yes - but only to a degree.

There must be lessons to be learnt from the similar machinations which undoubtedly accompanied the pre-planning and rumour-laden periods before both Glossop Tesco and Poynton Waitrose saw the light of day, whatever one's persuasions regarding the Marple issue.

It would be interesting to get a perspective from someone from either of those communities I would suggest.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1417 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »
WRONG !!!   The councillors jumped on the MIA band wagon and could not wait to vote against a supermarket.  Now I have always smelt a rat with some councillors  jumping ship and climbing on board MIA   I have not quite worked  it out yet, but Hey I Will !!!  I think it's what they call damage limitation by some of our councillors.   The truth will soon be out !

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1416 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »
Continuing; 2

What actually happened was this.

MIA furious at the prospect of this "Supermarket" and totally ignorant in the nuances of the planning process, as part of its NO CAMPAIGN set about political intimidation of local Councillors. This involved such things as visiting Councillors in their surgeries in Marple Public Library and threatening various political tactics unless Councillors publicly joined the NO CAMPAIGN - it has to be said here that MIA were completely oblivious to "contamination of vote by pre-determination" but Councillors being Councillors were not - nor at least should not have been. At least three Councillors were threatened in this way at their public surgeries. They were SA, MC AND KD. What then followed is of course  a matter of record as Councillors; Alexander & Candler quickly caved in followed by Councillor Wright. We can only assume that Cllr KD did not.

In the ensuing months these three Councillors would denounce the Supermarket at every opportunity. This would include making verbal statements at the extraordinary AC, a convention recorded on CCTV, speaking at MIA rallies - and also providing written statements at the written behest of MIA.

In doing so they have contaminated their view by pre-determination in a completety, irrevocable and unprecendented way and have disqualified themseves from playing any part whatsoever in the planning process for the Hibbert Lane Supermarket.

Why have they behaved in such a way?.....TO BE CONTINUED...

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1415 on: February 25, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
Condescending post overwritten. Admin.

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1414 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
KD words fail me !  But I hope to be proved wrong  :-\

If you think about it and if Marple wanted a voice on the H & P their wasn't really any other choice was there?

Let me tell you what should have happened if the No Campaigners in general and MIA in particular had been more politic nouse.

1/ Asda's application would have come to AC with a recommendation by Council Planners to refuse.
2/ Local Concillors support recommendation - probaly unanimously.
3/ Application doesn't need to go to H & P Central Committee for adjudication -NO DISAGREEMENT NO NEED.
ASDA can still/ and will appeal to inspector but local case is strong and no chance of it being overturned at Central Planning which is a cross party/cross ward Committee where a lot of political back biting and score settling can go on and particularly where there is no affection for Marple.

.....TO BE CONTINUED

Miss Marple

« Reply #1413 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
KD words fail me !  But I hope to be proved wrong  :-\

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1412 on: February 24, 2012, 01:09:57 PM »
Good - Morning Miss Marple.

It's The Lithuanian here. Actually I quite like that handle - I might adopt it.

Thought that you might like to know that at last night's Council Meeting - Councillor Kevin Dowling was elected unopposed to a seat on Central Panning (freudian mis-spelling)  Committee. Councillor KEV's appointment leads us to some interesting, political speculation about the ASDA - but we'll leave that for the moment.  

Permit me to engage with you on the "political savvy" that I referred to yesterday.

First of all please do not misunderstand me, for on the issue of ASDA I make no claim to be your friend but neither do I claim to be your enemy either. You may find this difficult to understand but I am sympathetic (at the moment) to both the YES and THE NO Camps.

What I do admire, unreservedly is the sefless way that you and your colleagues/supporters in MIA have worked tirelessly to raise public awareness in the community, to a crescendo, for a cause that you believe in with a passion. What is also emphatically true is your assertion that if you had not done so then this situation would have been managed in a clandestine way by our "elders and betters"  (certainly by SOME of our politicians)  and athough it is unlikely that something as big as this could have been kept a secret until the diggers were on site. It would most certainly have been kept quiet until both after the forthcoming May election and until after the planning application was at an advanced stage.

...For the moment I WILL PAUSE....

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1411 on: February 24, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
Be my guest:

SA = Councillor Shan Alexander   
MC = Councillor Martin Candler 
MIA = Marple in Action  (a local anti-supermarket campaign)
CW = Councillor Craig Wright
SI = Councillor Susan Ingham
AB = Councillor Andrew Bispham 
KD = Councillor Kevin Dowling 

Loose translation: by declaring themselves in advance to be against the college's plans, our local councillors have effectively debarred themselves from being involved in considering the planning applications.  Whoops!   

Thanks for the translation Dave: Spot on as well. 

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1410 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »
What are you going on about .its going to be left as a land bank .
[/quote]

Have you taken to the sup Amazon ?

amazon

« Reply #1409 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Thank  you Mrs O !  but I will have to be honest at first sight without my glasses I thought it was in  Lithuanian but then with my glasses on it still looked like a post from a Lithuanian overseas member of the forum.   But after texting nearly the whole of Marple I found someone to explain what it meant    So thank you Finetime but please remember I am a simple gal and need spoon feeding such complicated information. But welcome to the site your impute is enthralling   :-\

Brilliant reply miss marple you see we do agree some time .keep smiling  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »
Thank  you Mrs O !  but I will have to be honest at first sight without my glasses I thought it was in  Lithuanian but then with my glasses on it still looked like a post from a Lithuanian overseas member of the forum.   But after texting nearly the whole of Marple I found someone to explain what it meant    So thank you Finetime but please remember I am a simple gal and need spoon feeding such complicated information. But welcome to the site your impute is enthralling   :-\

sooty2

« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »
For those who like political intrigue Council Committee mini - reshuffle tonight. Place going on Planning Commitee. Town Hall Mole tells me Marple Mafia are chasing it.

Asda NO camp take note. SA & MC succumbing to pressure of election and pressure from MIA (MIA fantastic at raising public awareness but political savvy of heavyweight boxer) have contaminated beyond repair their vote via PREDETEMINATION SO  THEY'RE USELESS. CW same problem.

SI current AC chair so a bit messy. AB - maybe but might put his foot in his mouth, its a trait of his. If it's KD THEN I think that the NO'S can safely say that all local Councillors are in the NO camp - do you understand why Miss Marple and MIA? If you don't then its too difficult for me to explain.

Very condsecending post!I don't think Miss Marple or MIA need you to explain anything >:(

Miss Marple

« Reply #1406 on: February 23, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
Duke,

Oxford, Cambridge and Marple College, bless you! Not a comparison that immediately springs to mind - wouldn't you agree?
I know what Duke Fame means and I am sure you do really ?

Dave

« Reply #1405 on: February 23, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »
Be my guest:

SA = Councillor Shan Alexander   
MC = Councillor Martin Candler 
MIA = Marple in Action  (a local anti-supermarket campaign)
CW = Councillor Craig Wright
SI = Councillor Susan Ingham
AB = Councillor Andrew Bispham 
KD = Councillor Kevin Dowling 

Loose translation: by declaring themselves in advance to be against the college's plans, our local councillors have effectively debarred themselves from being involved in considering the planning applications.  Whoops!   

Victor M

« Reply #1404 on: February 23, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
For those who like political intrigue Council Committee mini - reshuffle tonight. Place going on Planning Commitee. Town Hall Mole tells me Marple Mafia are chasing it.

Asda NO camp take note. SA & MC succumbing to pressure of election and pressure from MIA (MIA fantastic at raising public awareness but political savvy of heavyweight boxer) have contaminated beyond repair their vote via PREDETEMINATION SO  THEY'RE USELESS. CW same problem.

SI current AC chair so a bit messy. AB - maybe but might put his foot in his mouth, its a trait of his. If it's KD THEN I think that the NO'S can safely say that all local Councillors are in the NO camp - do you understand why Miss Marple and MIA? If you don't then its too difficult for me to explain.

I know I'm going on in years but can anyone please translate this into readable English so then I might be able to understand it!