Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 701929 times)

finetimefontaine

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1373 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
Hello Amazon,

We can't know for sure until we see agreement details but what has probably occurred is that Asda have bought it subject to obtaining PP and if they don't get it ownership reverts back to MCSFC.

amazon

« Reply #1372 on: February 21, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »
Tesco came first , Asda second, on the first bid  
Asda came first , Tesco second, on the second bid

CAMSFC decided to choose Asda on the second bid

Not sure why there were two bidding rounds maybe first round was with planning second without but I am not sure.  There is talk from inside the college that the land was passed over to Asda at the end of Jan 2012 but this has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED but it has come from a reliable source from inside the college so only time will tell.

Waitrose bid was  not accepted as they didn't bid enough initially

If it was passed to asda does that mean they own the land now and they will have paid the college .for it .

Miss Marple

« Reply #1371 on: February 21, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
Tesco came first , Asda second, on the first bid  
Asda came first , Tesco second, on the second bid

CAMSFC decided to choose Asda on the second bid

Not sure why there were two bidding rounds maybe first round was with planning second without but I am not sure.  There is talk from inside the college that the land was passed over to Asda at the end of Jan 2012 but this has NOT BEEN CONFIRMED but it has come from a reliable source from inside the college so only time will tell.

Waitrose bid was  not accepted as they didn't bid enough initially

Dave

« Reply #1370 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:08 PM »
I'm not convinced of that, Lisa.  There's one overriding imperative: the college must be able to maintain student numbers at the current level at least, or they will lose funding.   If they can't raise enough from the disposal of the Hibbert Lane site, they won't be able to build sufficient space round the corner at Buxton Lane to accommodate all the displaced activity from Hibbert Lane.  I seem to recall that the site was valued at only £4 million if used for housing.  I don't think that would be enough, so it could cause the entire scheme to collapse.    :o

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #1369 on: February 21, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
As for every sale of property land... it will go to the next best bid I expect!  They will still sell it but at a reduced price and it will become houses.. or something else that we havent yet thought of!

Dave

« Reply #1368 on: February 21, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
Fanciful, pessimistic and far -fetched   ??

Yes.  There's no way the college could afford to simply close the Hibbert Lane site and walk away, without replacing it with alternative accommodation.  They would have to lose so many student enrolments that their income would collapse and they would probably go bust.  And their funding council wouldn't allow it anyway. 

amazon

« Reply #1367 on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
Consider this, call it a hypothetical question if you like.

Asda for all it tries can't get planning permission - so leaves town -  hurrah! for some not for others - I KNOW THAT!

As the deal with cmsfc was dependent upon PP being granted, cmsfc get no money from Asda therefore they cannot afford to run three sites. As Hibbert Lane offers the most potential they leave the site and put it up for sale -but no buyers come. The buildings are left to dilapidate and the vandals move in stealing;lead,copper, roof tiles anything that they can strip or carry away. Very soon the site is an eyesore - then the travellers move in.

Then people will start complaining why can't something be done with this site .ist a mess as you say .

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1366 on: February 21, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
Consider this, call it a hypothetical question if you like.

Asda for all it tries can't get planning permission - so leaves town -  hurrah! for some not for others - I KNOW THAT!

As the deal with cmsfc was dependent upon PP being granted, cmsfc get no money from Asda therefore they cannot afford to run three sites. As Hibbert Lane offers the most potential they leave the site and put it up for sale -but no buyers come. The buildings are left to dilapidate and the vandals move in stealing;lead,copper, roof tiles anything that they can strip or carry away. Very soon the site is an eyesore - then the travellers move in.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #1365 on: February 19, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
I believed all apps went through the local planning meeting first.. and that's when they KNOW what the app entails! The local one can then send it to a central one?   This application if I remember all the info correctly has been transferred to full planning months before an application exists!! This frees our lovely councillors to finally have an opinion as they wont be part of that committee, and lets be honest, why on earth, after their initial silence whilst I'm sure they gauged general opinion, speak out FOR a supermarket when the election is looming?

It was said early on that the supermarket application would go straight a Stockport Planning Committee rather than a Marple one but at the Extra-Ordinary Area Committee meeting that was explained as being incorrect (a mistake).

A Marple Planning Committee cannot approve an application that goes against planning policy (as the supermarket would be) but they can reject something that goes against it. So the application will go to Marple Area Committee when it is submitted. Therefore 3 of our local councillors are staying on the fence so that they will be able to consider the application. The 3 who have declared their position already will not be allowed to take part in the decision.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #1364 on: February 19, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Belly... I don't agree JR it is a "delaying" tactic, as you agree you have to prove a legal issue with the planning application.  The development in Gatley remains undeveloped after 10 years and I presume they chose to go elsewhere to avoid the massive hassle and negative press that we gave them!

Whether Stockport Council and asda/college go totally by the (legal)book remains to be seen...

As to councillors supporting the cause... I think its a bit funny really... How often are developments, completely and utterly prior to any formal knowledge of size, transferred to a central planning committee decision rather than a local one?  Unless I've read it wrong somewhere wasn't this announced months ago??

I believed all apps went through the local planning meeting first.. and that's when they KNOW what the app entails! The local one can then send it to a central one?   This application if I remember all the info correctly has been transferred to full planning months before an application exists!! This frees our lovely councillors to finally have an opinion as they wont be part of that committee, and lets be honest, why on earth, after their initial silence whilst I'm sure they gauged general opinion, speak out FOR a supermarket when the election is looming?

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1363 on: February 19, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »

Probably more like the assumption that - standing on a pro-supermarket platform on Hibbert Lane, loses votes.

Dave

« Reply #1362 on: February 19, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
The assumption being that standing on an anti-college or anti-supermarket platform wins votes.
I wonder...

Miss Marple

« Reply #1361 on: February 19, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
It's not escaped my attention  with the pictures outside the college with the campaign 'THINK AGAIN' do they think we are fools ?

finetimefontaine

« Reply #1360 on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

Of the six LibDem Marple Councillors three have not declared either way on the Hibbert Lane site. As far as I am aware they have deliberately said nothing. They certainly haven't written to anybody. So we don't really know if they are for or against a Supermarket. It can't have escaped attention that none of these three Councillors are up for election in 2012.

Of the three that have declared against it can't have escaped attention that two of them are up for election in May. Is that just a coincedence - do you think?

Miss Marple

« Reply #1359 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »
Carl would your survey have been clearer if it had  said Do you support a supermarket on Hibbert Lane .  Even MIA believe that competition for the coop is needed but that's as far as we go.  MIA was set up to oppose a supermarket on Hibbert Lane nothing more.  We are not affiliated to any political party but appreciate any help that any party offers.   What have yourself and Annette done to raise this issue within the Town Hall I would be very interested to know and I am sure some of the community who will be effected if the proposals go ahead would also like information .  I would also like to gain the views of the Labour Party as well so that come the elections the community may have a better understanding as to where their x is best placed.  The liberals have written letters to oppose the development in Marple, have the local Conservative party raised this matter with any town hall suits or sent letters of opposition to the Prime Minister ?