Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Tesco / ASDA !!!  (Read 700321 times)

Miss Marple

Re: Tesco / ASDA !!!
« Reply #1028 on: October 15, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »
Do we know when the video will be on SMBC web site ?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
A number of posts have been removed from this topic that would be better dealt with as Personal Messages and it has now been reinstated and unlocked. The topic was getting out of hand and you are urged to show consideration to others with your comments if you don't want them to be removed or the topic to be locked again.

With regard to the opposing views of Tina and Mrs O, I was at the meeting last night and I think BOTH are presented according to the posters' views on the supermarket issue. I think it will be better to wait for the video to become available before deciding who is painting the clearest picture of events last night and I can't see any point in people jumping in and making judgments from these posts if they were not there.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #1026 on: October 13, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »
Topic locked.

This is becoming personal. Posts have been moved until the moderators can decide which are relevant in this thread.

Henry_

« Reply #1025 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
Last night was awful in my opinion! You behaved like children trying to score points. The whole point of the meeting was for the planning department to inform you there has been no planning applications made and what the process was once it is. The meeting took nearly 2 hours in which to be honest could of been wrapped up in an hour! You all asked the same questions. There was genuine questions from residents which was answered and I hope they went away feeling relieved. The question about the swimming baths again was answered no plans have been submitted to them and IF said supermarket was planning on doing so NO compulsory orders will be made as it is NOT the council who would want it. I was told last night that I am making a fool of myself on this forum, infact I wasn't told I was shouted at! I asked that person not to shout at me and his wife told me not to worry that's how he speaks to people. Well I'm sorry I don't wish to be shouted at, so please don't approach me again.

I feel I have just as much right to my own opinion as the next person, and would never try to publically humiliate anyone.  when the yes group attended the rally in the park we stood and listened to everything said and didn't shout out during. Last night Gary spoke on behalf of the yes group and he was heckled from start to finish. It was disgusting. You are adults but behaved like children!
This is a gross exaggeration!There was a small amount of heckling probably due to fact that one of the two yes people who spoke from the front. Said that the Yes people  watch and report back where people shop and what bags they are carrying.who do you think you are? The shopping police?If I am working in Cheadle and I want to shop in my lunch break or on the way home I will do!What exactly is your campaign?You direct people to a social networking site full of childish ramblings for example."I saw this"and "I saw that". "You should of seen their faces" "An MIA man had a butchers bag in Stockport"Pathetic!! Grow up!You do yourselves no favours.If I wanted to support you what is your strategy?where is your direction?You leave yourselves open to ridicule. I truly felt sorry for you both eventhough my pity would almost certainly be rebuked. Your fairweather supporters let you both down badly :o

Mrs O, I'd direct you to Miss Marple's more measure post above. On this I agree with her.

sooty2

« Reply #1024 on: October 13, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
Last night was awful in my opinion! You behaved like children trying to score points. The whole point of the meeting was for the planning department to inform you there has been no planning applications made and what the process was once it is. The meeting took nearly 2 hours in which to be honest could of been wrapped up in an hour! You all asked the same questions. There was genuine questions from residents which was answered and I hope they went away feeling relieved. The question about the swimming baths again was answered no plans have been submitted to them and IF said supermarket was planning on doing so NO compulsory orders will be made as it is NOT the council who would want it. I was told last night that I am making a fool of myself on this forum, infact I wasn't told I was shouted at! I asked that person not to shout at me and his wife told me not to worry that's how he speaks to people. Well I'm sorry I don't wish to be shouted at, so please don't approach me again.

I feel I have just as much right to my own opinion as the next person, and would never try to publically humiliate anyone.  when the yes group attended the rally in the park we stood and listened to everything said and didn't shout out during. Last night Gary spoke on behalf of the yes group and he was heckled from start to finish. It was disgusting. You are adults but behaved like children!
This is a gross exaggeration!There was a small amount of heckling probably due to fact that one of the two yes people who spoke from the front. Said that the Yes people  watch and report back where people shop and what bags they are carrying.who do you think you are? The shopping police?If I am working in Cheadle and I want to shop in my lunch break or on the way home I will do!What exactly is your campaign?You direct people to a social networking site full of childish ramblings for example."I saw this"and "I saw that". "You should of seen their faces" "An MIA man had a butchers bag in Stockport"Pathetic!! Grow up!You do yourselves no favours.If I wanted to support you what is your strategy?where is your direction?You leave yourselves open to ridicule. I truly felt sorry for you both eventhough my pity would almost certainly be rebuked. Your fairweather supporters let you both down badly :o

Miss Marple

« Reply #1023 on: October 13, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
MIA would just like to thank everyone who turned out last night in such bad weather  to offer their continued support.  The next stage will be when it is submitted into planning.  Behind  the scenes MIA have a dedicated core of people who are leaving no stone unturned in an attempt to halt this ridicules proposal.  
The in house arguing needs to stop and people can judge the tone of the meeting when the video is put on the web.  I must admit I was the one who did not want the meeting to be recorded which would allow CAMSFC the pleasure of viewing without the guts of attending, but given the tone on this forum, thankfully my request was overturned by the chair.  Please  stop this continued bun fight as it serves no purpose  We  all No or Yes have , I am sure better things to do than try to score points.  MM

Howard

« Reply #1022 on: October 13, 2011, 04:48:53 PM »
I didn't attend the meeting last night, but it certainly seems to have become heated.

Just a reminder that whatever happened outside of the forum, this is a place for debate for the all the people of Marple and that when you use it the debate should be kept civil and respectful.

If you have personal messages to exchange please use the PM system rather than the open forum.

JMC

« Reply #1021 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »

I feel I have just as much right to my own opinion as the next person, and would never try to publically humiliate anyone.  when the yes group attended the rally in the park we stood and listened to everything said and didn't shout out during. Last night Gary spoke on behalf of the yes group and he was heckled from start to finish. It was disgusting. You are adults but behaved like children!

That is awful, Tina. I don't think you have made a fool of yourself whatsoever from what I have read of your posts, I am glad to hear 'both sides'. I am on the fence still but I admire the Yes group for standing up for their beliefs and i think they have a lot of very good arguments for a store. I also admire Gary for speaking out, it must have taken a lot of guts to do. I haven't watched the video yet, nor was I there, but it is shocking if he was heckled for having his say. That sort of thing will put people who are unsure off siding with MIA. Stay strong in your beliefs, everybody deserves to be heard NOT just those in the majority (at the meeting) or certain people but not others.

tina

« Reply #1020 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »

Marplemum

« Reply #1019 on: October 13, 2011, 03:37:45 PM »
Why is a shame?  CAMSFC have already explained their situation clearly and consisely in the statement from the Chair of Governors.  There will be plently of opportunity for all parties to state their views in the proper manner once the planning application has been submitted and it all goes through the correct processes.

Personal remark removed from this post. Admin.

Miss Marple

« Reply #1018 on: October 13, 2011, 12:19:19 AM »
Very interesting meeting tonight with elected members 3  who are off the fence pledging their support against a supermarket on Hibbert Lane.   Dave Goddard Leader of Stockport was  also present and gave his support and said that the council would fight this all the way.
The corporation did not appear and appear not to be answerable to anyone.   Issues about the cost of moving the science labs down to Buston Lane was discussed and also how 12 million would not support the promises made by the college to relocate all amenities and also to build a college for the future.
Good news for all who could not attend the evening is that a video of the evening will be put on the councils web site in a couple of days for all to view.
I am sure that the college will be watching the video  with interest it's just a shame and a disgrace that they can not face the public and be answerable  for this ridiculas proposal  !   SHAME ON YOU CAMSFC !

Miss Marple

« Reply #1017 on: October 11, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Well we have an opportunity to ask Cllr Alexander tomorrow so that should set the record straight. 

Dave

« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
Here is a reply from Cllr Alexander received in October 2006 in response to rumours that the land was to be sold:

Sale of land
Cheadle and Marple 6th form College has no intention of selling any land at present. They have asked for a feasibility study on the buildings at both sites. This is to look at the viability or otherwise of running a college on one site and to look at building a college of the future, fit for purpose to achieve the highest standards for students, teacher and all concerned. There has been no planning application sent to the planners at the council.

This was posted on the web site at the time here: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=1216.msg4586#msg4586

Perhaps it's merely an oversight on her / Stockport Council's behalf, but her profile on the council site lists Shan as still acting in a management role at the college. It's dated June 2006.

http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=117&T=6, as linked from http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=117

Sorry to be a nit-picker, but it's important to distinguish between a 'management role' and being a governor.  Cllr Alexander was a governor, but she has never, AFAIK, been a manager at the college.

I stand to be corrected ! But doesn't that mean that CAMSFC were looking at moving to one building before the Skills Council stopped funding. 

Yes - but I think we knew that anyway, for example from the 'Sports Hall to Close' thread on this forum which dates from five years ago.  The abolition of the Learning and Skills Council was announced in 2008, although it took another two years before it was completely wound up.  This was triggered by some disastrous financial mismanagement by the LSC, which was extensively covered by the press at the time.  In 2009, the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee described the LSC's handling of its college building programme as 'catastrophic mismanagement'. It resulted in a £2.7 billion debt, with 144 college building contracts having to be terminated abruptly, and leaving many colleges with huge financial penalties for breach of contract with civil engineering companies. Camsfc was likely to have been caught up in this, because it all happened around that time (2006 - 2008).  Luckily, I don't think their plans were so advanced that they lost money through having to terminate building contracts etc. 

Miss Marple

« Reply #1015 on: October 10, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »
Latest Statement from CAMSFC.

Well at least we now know so at least the guessing game is over  ;)

Miss Marple

« Reply #1014 on: October 09, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
I stand to be corrected ! But doesn't that mean that CAMSFC were looking at moving to one building before the Skills Council stopped funding.